Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

375 $ to start cheap skate.  Adding on to the dog house?  Asking for a friend.

Loaded the freezer with Angus the other day.  Think the oldest daughter wasn't thinking or WAS thinking ahead when she told them to bring it around Christmas.  "Dad, can you pay for the beef?  We spent too much on the kids for Christmas.  I'll pay you back."   😂  😂

Money Fly GIF - Money Fly GIFs

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

Hasenpfeffer ....Ingredients

4 legs of wild hare (approx. 1.2 kg)
    1 bunch of soup vegetables
    4 sprigs thyme
    4 cloves
    10 juniper berries
    15 black peppercorns
    750 ml red wine
    250 ml red port wine (alternatively grape juice)
    salt
    freshly ground pepper
    2 tablespoons flour
    3 tablespoons clarified butter
    2 tablespoons tomato paste
    400 ml game stock (from the jar)
    500 g small mushrooms
    1 tablespoon butter
    3 tablespoons chopped parsley

Preparation

Remove the skin from the legs and place them in a bowl. Wash and clean soup vegetables, peel if necessary and chop coarsely. Wash thyme, shake dry. Press the spices in a mortar. Spread everything over the meat and pour red and port wine over it. Cover and marinate in refrigerator for 24 hours.

Preheat the oven to 180°. Drain the meat and vegetables in a large colander, reserving the marinade. Pat the meat dry, season with salt and pepper, and dust with 1 tablespoon flour. Heat 1 ½ tablespoons clarified butter in a roasting pan, sear the legs of wild hare in it over high heat for 4-6 minutes on all sides, remove, set aside. Heat the rest of the clarified butter in the roaster, sauté the spiced vegetables from the marinade in it over medium heat for 5-7 minutes. Add tomato paste, fry briefly, add meat. Over high heat, gradually pour in half of the marinade, making sure that the liquid has reduced before adding more. Pour in the remaining marinade and game stock, bring to the boil and braise in the oven (bottom, 160° convection oven), covered, for about 1 hour 30 minutes.

In the meantime, clean the mushrooms, rub with a cloth if necessary and fry in a hot pan without fat over high heat, stirring, for 5-7 minutes until golden brown. Mix in butter and parsley, salt, pepper and set aside. Remove meat from roasting pan, remove from bone and keep warm. Strain roast stock through a fine sieve into roasting pan, bring to a boil. Mix remaining flour with a dash of cold water, add to boiling liquid and boil down for 2-3 minutes until sauce thickens. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add meat and mushrooms to sauce and heat again. Serve sprinkled with parsley.

et voilá

Hasenpfeffer.jpg.8a324f729fb3e7634bc0c890a7937f75.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MicroMara said:

Assume there is enough place for a Quad . I wish my doghouse would be so luxury as @grasshopper´s one

doghouse.jpg.46f75433a3d06fb866efe5913829d383.jpg

the "doghouse" is about 12ft X 12ft... and pretty full now. A couch/hide-a-bed, large desk, 2 metal cabinets, 2 gym lockers, a bookshelf, my keyboard and stereo. The RP600M's are as big of speakers as will fit.

to put anything else in....something will have to go.

I'm looking at "the cottage"... the boy's old quarters... I have those KLH Model 6, also

------------------------

I knew @Tarheel was older than me.... but, I figured I would let him say how much

• Haha 2

Chef's all around. That looks delectable!

I bet the sauce even makes the green stuff taste great. 

Internet went out at quarter `till 3 this morning according to my phone. Talked to a numbn*# there to no avail, she said I was connected:unsure:

Unplugged it all for an hour, hooked it back up and all's good for now!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

@MicroMara

I notice most of your measurements are metric... until you get to Tablespoon. No metric equivalent?

Gets difficult now

1 Grad Celsius = 33, 8 F . One pound consists of 0.454 kilograms. So the conversion factor is 0.454. Pound * conversion factor = number of kilograms 2.5 lb * 0.454 = 1.133980925 kg. Gramms are equal to tablespoons as far as I know

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, MicroMara said:

Gets difficult now

1 Grad Celsius = 33, 8 F . One pound consists of 0.454 kilograms. So the conversion factor is 0.454. Pound * conversion factor = number of kilograms 2.5 lb * 0.454 = 1.133980925 kg. Gramms are equal to tablespoons as far as I know

even this seems off..

That's why you go by taste.. you can always add

But never take away!

https://chefindisguise.com/conversion-tables/

Dry Measure Equivalents

3 teaspoons  1 tablespoon  1/2 ounce  14.3 grams
 2 tablespoons 1/8 cup  1 ounce  28.3 grams
 4 tablespoons  1/4 cup  2 ounces  56.7 grams
 5 1/3 tablespoons  1/3 cup  2.6 ounces  75.6 grams
 8 tablespoons  1/2 cup  4 ounces  113.4 grams
 12 tablespoons  3/4 cup  6 ounces  .375 pound
 32 tablespoons  2 cups  16 ounces  1 pound
  • Like 4

whew... made it back

I went Yuma .... not a place one would go, unless you are visiting someone... Kinda like IN

I could hear the interstate, the railroad, the overflights from the Yuma Proving Ground, the neighbors.....

I can really appreciate the [relative] quiet here. It's so quiet, that you can hear yourself think.

.... don't do it too loud, as the neighbors don't want to hear it..

• Haha 3

On 1/2/2023 at 2:31 PM, grasshopper said:

@MicroMara

I notice most of your measurements are metric... until you get to Tablespoon. No metric equivalent?

One Tablespoon = 15ml (milliliters)

One Teaspoon = 5 ml

I've got two sets of measuring spoons and both are marked.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

I think I need just a bit more running around.  Crazy nuts here.  Feeding the Medicare machine this week.  Amazing!  😂 

It's almost like going to work again.  Might have to get a new Thermos for the wait time.  😂

it's the govt way. Getting any govt aid is a full time job.

Kinda getting back into my routine. The gal I visited in Yuma is a night person.... which is practical there...... and I am, very much, a day person. I am normally up at 4AM and am eyeing the bed at dark thirty.

Wed night, I crumped out at 10:30PM... woke up at 2AM. She was still up. We talked until 3. I tease about being up and drinking coffee when the night people are going home.... I guess it's true

• Like 2