Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators

Get some of the flexible metal conduit and run your new wire through that.  You can buy it by the roll or foot at the hardware store in the electrical supply section.

That's a good idea, I need to go back and do that. I connected the wires and put it back together because we had rain in the forecast. I guess they liked the taste of the wire so it may be back. I am glad they didn't chew a hole in the cabinet.

• Like 4

Good evening,

While at a convention in Nashville, I attended a private party at The Listening Room.  The band was excellent, despite the Bose.

The local craft brews were very good; much better than the Bose.

post-6832-0-72740000-1453870599_thumb.jp

post-6832-0-77820000-1453870616_thumb.jp

Edited by DizRotus
  • Like 6

Morning gang

Flagstaff, Lobby, Public Pc, 16Oz Coffee, Barefooted in the Desert :emotion-44: :emotion-44:

Chrispy Desert air, and clean air at that.

Business completed here in these parts.

Flying out of here and into Vegas later this morning.

Nowhere really planned, except an overnighter in Vegas and have made plans to fly into Monterey from Vegas

Need some salt air :emotion-19::emotion-21:

Leaning toward a few days in Frisco to take in the local concert venues, they play seven days a week somewhere in that town.

Better doing this than Tarheels adventure today  :wub2: 

• Like 9

• Moderators

Wait DWI, did you just say "too cold to grill right now"? I thought Texans were made of stouter stuff than that. There is no such thing as too cold to grill. On Sunday I shoveled a path to the grill from the kitchen slider & will be cranking it up this weekend, glass of bourbon in hand.

As to your fish, I highly recommend Chef Paul Prudhomme's "Seafood Magic." An all around seafood rub that is not too salty. Just sprinkle some over your fish, a little olive oil & lemon & you are good to go. For more delicate fish like Fluke, Flounder & Salmon I will put a piece of aluminum foil under it with some olive oil to prevent sticking. His "Salmon Magic" is equally as good.

A nice seared tuna recipe is my adaption of Alton Browne's tuna recipe but for a gas grill. Marinate tuna steaks in a combo of Yoshida's Marinade & teriyaki, (or whatever Asian style marinade you have on hand) with some sesame oil if you have it. Wasabi powder is nice as well. I have even thrown a teaspoon of chili paste into the marinade to give it some kick. After allowing to marinade for at least one hour, the longer the better, cover tuna with sesame seeds and place on the hottest grill you can get (500-550) for 1 minute per side, no longer, cover & allow to rest for 3 minutes and you will have perfect seared rare tuna. Slice and serve. If you have a "Sear station", I would reduce the cooking time accordingly.

The original recipe call for using a charcoal grill with a charcoal chimney while placing an oiled small grill on top. This obviously puts the tuna right on top of the flames and says to leave for 30 seconds only while using a loin piece of tuna and turning it 3 times as the piece is triangular.

If you like seared tuna, this is right up your alley.

Thank you so much, I am try all of those.

It has been in the 40s, not too cold, but 20 mph winds. Sucks all the heat out of grill.

But it will be in 70s this weekend I think so perfec for grilling.

Shoveling to get to the grill, now that is a real pitmaster.

Whereabouts is that?

• Like 6

• Moderators

Morning gang

Flagstaff, Lobby, Public Pc, 16Oz Coffee, Barefooted in the Desert :emotion-44: :emotion-44:

Chrispy Desert air, and clean air at that.

Business completed here in these parts.

Flying out of here and into Vegas later this morning.

Nowhere really planned, except an overnighter in Vegas and have made plans to fly into Monterey from Vegas

Need some salt air :emotion-19::emotion-21:

Leaning toward a few days in Frisco to take in the local concert venues, they play seven days a week somewhere in that town.

Better doing this than Tarheels adventure today :wub2:

I loved flying into Monterey. I probably have a 100 approachs and landings there. That used to be "over the hill" for me. Wish I was there for that.

• Like 4

Oh yea, and a stress test this afternoon.

knock it out of the park Carl.

I probably should have studied more but thanks.

for my stress test, the doctor had me sit on a chair in a dark room. She turned on this very bright light, lit a cigarette then got in my face and started threatening me.

After about an hour, she said that I passed the stress test.

• Like 6

for my stress test, the doctor had me sit on a chair in a dark room. She turned on this very bright light, lit a cigarette then got in my face and started threatening me. After about an hour, she said that I passed the stress test.

That doesn't sound all that bad....................................tumblr_static_filename_640_v2.jpg

• Like 7

Mornin' all. Lots of news from you guys from travel to medical stuff. I can add a kidney stone to the mix. Gonna take some surgery soon to fix it. Yuck.

Chuck .. been there and done that on the dental issues. No fun at all but prevents worse problems down the road. Hang in there. :(

dtel and Mark ... have fun on your travels and keep us updated!!

Cheers folks.

• Like 7