Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Does anyone remember when this quote hit the airwaves? "And really, after five minutes of talking to you in pre-op, I wanted to punch you in the face and man you up a little bit," a doctor can be heard saying in a recording at the center of a lawsuit.

Yes, think I do recall something of late. Some will eat you up to your face, and then when your back is turned, your reputation is at riskish... :)

Makes a body want to have a voice recorder concealed in order to repair the aftershocks. Of course, there may be some compliments attached as well, like:

" I had coconut pie last evening also" :) Or dam, what is a recorder doing up his whatsit here?

Very little I would hope!

Edited by billybob
  • Like 5

Speaking of Sancho....where he be?

I remember some post ago he said he was out.

Finishing second cup, working on getting a grocery list going.  I need to get groceries today, as there is supposedly a big storm coming Monday.  I am sure everything will be gone by then.   Then its back home to do homework, maybe some play time with audio stuff.

• Like 3

Morning gang..... 

working on 2nd cup will be leaving in a few minutes.....me and the wife will be staying with Mom today... My eldest daughter needs a break, she has been there since the day Dad past. My daughter refuses to leave. She has moved her two kids in the house and looks after mom 24-7... she is a real trooper. She goes back to school next week but has cut her classes in half. When she's not there my wife will be staying with mom. I'll hold the shop down by my self.. We did get a new lap top last week so my wife can do billing from mom's house remotely. We are doing everything in our power so mom can stay in her house. So between my daughter, wife and the other sister's we should be able to pull this off. 

Dad left a good bit of money... but if we were to put mom in a home the money would dry up real quick...and foremost we DON'T want mom in some home... She is fun to be around.. I mean she has her moments, but the things she says is funny as shitt...And she LOVE'S me... when I come into the room her face lights up... and she always says " there's my boy" ..... Mom & Dad lost there only son some 20 years ago to Aids... it was very hard on them... and though I could never take his place.... it wasn't that long after mom started calling me "her son"....

It's funny how things change... when me and my wife 1st started dating mom hated me!! When I 1st came around to meet them she told my wife "oh great another one with long hair and tattoo's" lol lol. I was 27 then and I was on the road of changing my life. I guess after all the years mom & dad saw I was a good for there daughter.... Now my wife.... she was the black sheep.... man she was BAD..... I like bad girls ;) and my wife has told me over the years I am a good man.... with just the right amount of BAD :emotion-14:

OK gang gonna roll out to mom's.... I'll be able to check in later cuz we got cable at moms house now with wi fi... We have done alot of work at moms to make it more livable..... I mean mom & dad were not dirty people but hey there old.... you guys know what I'm saying....

Wishing all a GREAT day.....

MKP :-)

Edited by MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE
  • Like 8

Posted 30 January 2016 - 11:07 AM Morning gang..... working on 2nd cup will be leaving in a few minutes.....me and the wife will be staying with Mom today... My eldest daughter needs a break, she has been there since the day Dad past. My daughter refuses to leave. She has moved her two kids in the house and looks after mom 24-7... she is a real trooper. She goes back to school next week but has cut her classes in half. When she's not there my wife will be staying with mom. I'll hold the shop down by my self.. We did get a new lap top last week so my wife can do billing from mom's house remotely. We are doing everything in our power so mom can stay in her house. So between my daughter, wife and the other sister's we should be able to pull this off. Dad left a good bit of money... but if we were to put mom in a home the money would dry up real quick...and foremost we DON'T want mom in some home

Do understand. Was fortunate enough to live with my mom for 12 years, first as a companion when our dad died, and then as a caretaker,giver of the place. Large family, some local but married with lives of their own. Glad there is help and much dedication from her grand daughter. To be commended. Back then, it was estimated that at least 90% of the old dear ones preferred to live at home. After mom did eventually do a stint in a nursing home after a low blood count from chemical therapy from cancer, I was told and finally convinced that I needed help. Quite honestly, it had been a lot to do and care for during the final livein with mom. Some family wanted her in a home for some time. The funny part is that I was the willing party and felt it was none of their concern, as I had the fort covered so to speak. My dad preferred her not to go to a home as, the concern for him was that she would not last long in such a place. This he told to my next 2 older brothers. He may as well have been talking to me as it turned out. Sorry for the tangent but, it helps with the memories. Nowadays, some in the medical community are catching on and there are more resource available.

Your family needs commending in a big way, in my humble opinion for taking on this all important task. Being willing is the ticket.

Good fortune and love to mom.

Edited by billybob
  • Like 7

Each situation is unique.  I know of situations where being in a "home," other than a private residence, was viewed by all concerned as undesirable.  Nonetheless, when "forced" to put a loved one in a group home environment, everyone benefitted.  Rather than being left home alone with only a single care provider, the individual had opportunities for socialization in a group setting.  

Again, each individual and situation is unique.  Examine all aspects, benefits and concerns before deciding what's best for your loved ones and for you..  Decisions based on love are better than those made out of a sense of guilt, which can be a selfish motive.  No one said it was easy.  

• Like 6

Thanks for the kind words my friends.....just a quick update....at moms house now...got the wi-fi up and running. The BOSS just made us some lunch. She is now making some nice pork chops for dinner later. Mom loves the home cooked meals. My son helped me bring mom's new "lift chair" in the house. My son is a good young man. When I met my wife he just turned one.....his "bio" dad had nothing to with him. My eldest daughter was six when me and the wife got together. As we grew as a family they were never told to call me "dad or daddy" it just happend....it was good...then me and the wife had our babby...the youngest....she's the one in my avatar.....she's 21 now....WoW life is crazy....

Well I told mom that I was going to take a pic of her and show my friends on the internet...she said "they don't want to see this old lady" lol lol .... I told her they'll love it... well here is mom saying "hi"

Take care...

post-58704-0-80940000-1454181407_thumb.j

• Like 12

Thanks for the kind words my friends.....just a quick update....at moms house now...got the wi-fi up and running. The BOSS just made us some lunch. She is now making some nice pork chops for dinner later. Mom loves the home cooked meals. My son helped me bring mom's new "lift chair" in the house. My son is a good young man. When I met my wife he just turned one.....his "bio" dad had nothing to with him. My eldest daughter was six when me and the wife got together. As we grew as a family they were never told to call me "dad or daddy" it just happend....it was good...then me and the wife had our babby...the youngest....she's the one in my avatar.....she's 21 now....WoW life is crazy....

Well I told mom that I was going to take a pic of her and show my friends on the internet...she said "they don't want to see this old lady" lol lol .... I told her they'll love it... well here is mom saying "hi"

Take care...

IMG_20160130_130930.jpg

You must be a good man, excellent testament about being a father. :emotion-21:  Oh, and tell mom hi and play her favorite tune! :emotion-29:  

• Like 5

Speaking of Sancho....where he be?

I remember some post ago he said he was out.

Does anyone know if he is still posting at Audiokarma in the "Klipsch Korner?"   I don't remember reading a recent post of his over there either.

I suspect that he may still lurk from time-to-time; however, here are the last two posts on this forum that I could find.

Adiós, boys. Had posts removed without warning, or explanation.

Popeye's are pretty good. Just don't ruin them with ketchup.

• Like 3

Fjd....thanks for the BIG pic.....and your kind words....

We keep mom up with some good ol' tunes...when they used to come over the house we would play some good old Johnny Cash for them. Dad was always blown away by my system. He said he never knew they made "stuff" like that...

MKP:-)

Edited by MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE
  • Like 4