WTF ?

T2K

Seems like a lot of the time it is the same person over and over again. I will admit that I'm not

totally innocent myself. However I do appreciate when someone posts what certain speakers or what not are going for. The reason being that I may be looking at that item somewhere besides the forum.

When someone gets nasty on the forum, I don't feel bad at getting nasty with them. Kinda like Karma.

LOL! That's not Karma, that's revenge! :lol:

You may be right. I used to work with a guy that had a poster in his saw shack the said;

"I don't get even, I GET REVENGE"

Now this guy had it down to a fine ART.

If you asked him for a dip of his copenhagen, he's let you have a dip, Then spit into the can and tell you it keeps it moist.

If he really didn't like you much, he'd keep some homemade jerky in the front of his underwear. Then he'd bag it up before he next seen you. Of course he offer you some and was not bashful about letting you have seconds.

I told a guy about this a couple

weeks after he'd gotten some of Calvin's jerky and was stating how good it was, Well Ken turned about 3 shades of green and

looked like he was going to upchuck.

If you were on his list and he found a candy bar in your locker that was opened, he'd use it to wipe his A$$. And if it was not open he'd open it for you and do the same.

Edited by Taz

No doubt someone will change out one of his drinks...

Seems like a lot of the time it is the same person over and over again. I will admit that I'm not

totally innocent myself. However I do appreciate when someone posts what certain speakers or what not are going for. The reason being that I may be looking at that item somewhere besides the forum.

When someone gets nasty on the forum, I don't feel bad at getting nasty with them. Kinda like Karma.

LOL! That's not Karma, that's revenge! :lol:

You may be right. I used to work with a guy that had a poster in his saw shack the said;

"I don't get even, I GET REVENGE"

Now this guy had it down to a fine ART.

If you asked him for a dip of his copenhagen, he's let you have a dip, Then spit into the can and tell you it keeps it moist.

If he really didn't like you much, he'd keep some homemade jerky in the front of his underwear. Then he'd bag it up before he next seen you. Of course he offer you some and was not bashful about letting you have seconds.

I told a guy about this a couple

weeks after he'd gotten some of Calvin's jerky and was stating how good it was, Well Ken turned about 3 shades of green and

looked like he was going to upchuck.

If you were on his list and he found a candy bar in your locker that was opened, he'd use it to wipe his A$$. And if it was not open he'd open it for you and do the same.

I don't read many threads on this forum any more but when I do I see more and more members responding to sale threads not with interest in the item but with a bunch of smart a$$ quips and comments about the sellers item or asking price. That is usually followed with a slathering of salve explaining what a close knit bunch of smart a$$es we are here reasoning that is what called for the welcoming responses. Not that we had any interest in the item in the first place.

WTF isit whit dat?

Keith

Can't help but agree. If someone wants to ask a million bucks for a pair of Cornwalls, is it crazy? Yea. Is it my business? No. Am I going to buy them? No. Am I going to write on his thread how crazy he is? No. Maybe just a comment that the speakers look nice and move on, OR, SINCE I HAVE NO INTEREST IN THEM, NO COMMENT AT ALL. Its the usual suspects, always the same 2 or 3 rattling off the comments and quips. Well, I guess now that I am thinking about it, it really seems to be 1 person and he jumped on this thread pretty quick. It does suck for the person selling though....almost like sabotage. Its not very warm and inviting to people who are new to the forum, I'll tell you that....good way to run people off.

Edited by philly0116
  • Like 3

Maybe this is as simple as "buyers'" interests vs. "sellers" interests. I have never sold anything here, but I have bought several sets of speakers ( K'horns, Cornscalas, Cornwalls, Heresys, Fortes) and amps, preamps and CD players here. I have welcomed, and relied upon, experienced members comments about the equipment. To me, that is what this forum is about. Many of the negative comments on this subject have been made by sellers. I am sorry that you do not like others critiquing your equipment or price. Nonetheless, those of us who are new to this hobby rely on those comments, it does not matter if the commenter is going to buy or not. Their opinions are valuable. IMHO it is hypocritical to allow comments on EVERYTHING UNDER THE SUN, but then bully others into not commenting on your sale.

• Like 3

BTW, I have yet to hear anyone argue that positive comments are unacceptable. Therefore the discussion is not whether "commenting" on a sale is ok, but rather expressing a negative comment. If a member was burned by a seller there are those that would, and do, argue that they should remain silent. But how many times have I read "great seller...you can trust him." Why is that ok, but saying a seller misrepresented an item not ok? Why is saying "great price" ok, but saying that the selling price is considerably higher than past sales not ok? We are here to help one another and share expertise, not to facilitate sales by sitting dumb when we have relevant information. Again, I do not defend personal attacks on the seller, or snipping just to be a pita.

Thanks for listening and allowing me to express my opinion.

• Like 3

Eh, people that feel the need to post such things in sale threads are considered "trolls" and I usually just ignore them as indulging them would be considered "feeding" them. If I am interested in an item, and I want to negotiate a lower price, I do that in private messaging. There is one quick way to turn off the troll fest, and that would be to disable responding to threads in the Garage Sale forum. People could advertise, and private messages could be exchanged. And all a seller need do is bump his/her own thread to keep it in the active string. 30 years ago, things were a lot better. It was a rarer occurrence to be witness to such stupidity. With the birth of the internet and the free voiced anonymous opinion, stupidity has become common place and sadly accepted. Just look at your facebook feeds for 2-3 minutes, and you will find stupid people readily sharing or attempting to enlighten others with said stupidity. One wonders why I seldom post on that social media...

• Like 1

Amy has politely and repeatedly asked us to refrain from uninvited comments regarding price in the Garage Sale forum. She is the Moderator and she has weighed in on the matter. Why is that not enough of an answer?

The notion that a few White Knights are saving us all from getting ripped off with their precious comments is as laughable as it is self serving. Even the most modest research effort by a buyer will result in detailed information regarding value and features. Is there an epidemic of sellers swindling members of the Klipsch forum but it has somehow escaped my notice? This is nothing more than a solution in search of a problem. Folks who have diarrhea of the keyboard just can't help themselves.

Edited by deep3shot

• Moderators

First of all, this thread does not belong in the Garage Sale section as the OP does not have anything he is selling personally so it has been moved to the Lounge. ;)

Its strange that this isn't policed at all by the forum crew.

Just go on the assumption that I only see things when they are reported to me. I can't read every single post!

Amy is correct. Most of the forum moderators like myself have jobs, families and other priorities apart from the forums. Amy and Chad are paid Klipsch employees but we have to remember the forums are not their sole responsibility. They have other responsibilities as well.

I don't think any of us desire to "police" the forum, yet when we see something that is inappropriate, we will address it.

This has been discussed and debated MANY times. Here are my thoughts on the matter.....

There isn't any "written policy" as this is an open forum but the general guideline that Amy has requested we all adhere to is that if someone lists an item in the Garage Sale that they are selling, it is best that pricing isn't discussed UNLESS the seller asks for advice on pricing. PM would be the best method to communicate to the seller that their pricing is out of line.

Let's say you list a pair of RF-7's with an asking price of $1200. It is of absolutely no benefit for me to state in their ad that they are way overpriced because I only paid $400 for my RF-7's, or that I have seen them typically sell for $800 especially when I have absolutely no intention of buying your RF-7's. Immediately, I have hindered the seller's ability to even get close to their asking price. When there is bantering about price, typically the seller gets frustrated and we end up seeing "Item is no longer for sale" and frankly, I can't blame them for doing so. We have to remmeber it is a seller's right to list their item for whatever price they so choose (whether the price is inflated or not). It is the buyer's responsibility to do their homework to see if the item is close to fair market value and it is an amount they themselves are willing to pay. If someone expresses interest and you are absolutely concerned that the buyer is getting "gouged", shoot them a PM.

• Like 5

First of all, this thread does not belong in the Garage Sale section as the OP does not have anything he is selling personally so it has been moved to the Lounge. ;)

Its strange that this isn't policed at all by the forum crew.

Just go on the assumption that I only see things when they are reported to me. I can't read every single post!

Amy is correct. Most of the forum moderators like myself have jobs, families and other priorities apart from the forums. Amy and Chad are paid Klipsch employees but we have to remember the forums are not their sole responsibility. They have other responsibilities as well.

I don't think any of us desire to "police" the forum, yet when we see something that is inappropriate, we will address it.

This has been discussed and debated MANY times. Here are my thoughts on the matter.....

There isn't any "written policy" as this is an open forum but the general guideline that Amy has requested we all adhere to is that if someone lists an item in the Garage Sale that they are selling, it is best that pricing isn't discussed UNLESS the seller asks for advice on pricing. PM would be the best method to communicate to the seller that their pricing is out of line.

Let's say you list a pair of RF-7's with an asking price of $1200. It is of absolutely no benefit for me to state in their ad that they are way overpriced because I only paid $400 for my RF-7's, or that I have seen them typically sell for $800 especially when I have absolutely no intention of buying your RF-7's. Immediately, I have hindered the seller's ability to even get close to their asking price. When there is bantering about price, typically the seller gets frustrated and we end up seeing "Item is no longer for sale" and frankly, I can't blame them for doing so. We have to remmeber it is a seller's right to list their item for whatever price they so choose (whether the price is inflated or not). It is the buyer's responsibility to do their homework to see if the item is close to fair market value and it is an amount they themselves are willing to pay. If someone expresses interest and you are absolutely concerned that the buyer is getting "gouged", shoot them a PM.

Well said, Sir!

Eh, people that feel the need to post such things in sale threads are considered "trolls" and I usually just ignore them as indulging them would be considered "feeding" them. If I am interested in an item, and I want to negotiate a lower price, I do that in private messaging. There is one quick way to turn off the troll fest, and that would be to disable responding to threads in the Garage Sale forum. People could advertise, and private messages could be exchanged. And all a seller need do is bump his/her own thread to keep it in the active string. 30 years ago, things were a lot better. It was a rarer occurrence to be witness to such stupidity. With the birth of the internet and the free voiced anonymous opinion, stupidity has become common place and sadly accepted. Just look at your facebook feeds for 2-3 minutes, and you will find stupid people readily sharing or attempting to enlighten others with said stupidity. One wonders why I seldom post on that social media...

Amy has politely and repeatedly asked us to refrain from uninvited comments regarding price in the Garage Sale forum. She is the Moderator and she has weighed in on the matter. Why is that not enough of an answer?

The notion that a few White Knights are saving us all from getting ripped off with their precious comments is as laughable as it is self serving. Even the most modest research effort by a buyer will result in detailed information regarding value and features. Is there an epidemic of sellers swindling members of the Klipsch forum but it has somehow escaped my notice? This is nothing more than a solution in search of a problem. Folks who have diarrhea of the keyboard just can't help themselves.

I don't read many threads on this forum any more but when I do I see more and more members responding to sale threads not with interest in the item but with a bunch of smart a$$ quips and comments about the sellers item or asking price. That is usually followed with a slathering of salve explaining what a close knit bunch of smart a$$es we are here reasoning that is what called for the welcoming responses. Not that we had any interest in the item in the first place.

WTF isit whit dat?

Keith

Can't help but agree. If someone wants to ask a million bucks for a pair of Cornwalls, is it crazy? Yea. Is it my business? No. Am I going to buy them? No. Am I going to write on his thread how crazy he is? No. Maybe just a comment that the speakers look nice and move on, OR, SINCE I HAVE NO INTEREST IN THEM, NO COMMENT AT ALL. Its the usual suspects, always the same 2 or 3 rattling off the comments and quips. Well, I guess now that I am thinking about it, it really seems to be 1 person and he jumped on this thread pretty quick. It does suck for the person selling though....almost like sabotage. Its not very warm and inviting to people who are new to the forum, I'll tell you that....good way to run people off.

This is what I mean. It's disrespectful and rude.

I hope this has been cathartic for everyone

Don't bring religion into the mix.

The things I learn on this forum. And here I thought he meant that medicine that has the purgative effect on bowels..... :unsure:

Edited by Fjd

While annoying at the time, pricing discussions and persistence in the final asking/sale price is hugely helpful for future researching when people are selling/buying and need a place to start.

Agreed and understood..... IF someone asks' the value of something as opposed to listing the item for sale. This thread is in reference to selling, not appraising. Someones sale ad isn't the place to discuss value.

Edited by philly0116
  • Like 2

• Moderators
She is the Moderator and she has weighed in on the matter. Why is that not enough of an answer?

Nope it's not enough, we just like to read her post and look at the latest avatars really, and it's the Queen, who does a little moderating just for fun just to keep the underlings in line. Don't forget she has a magic wand (button really) which can adjust attitudes with a simple touch, it's been a while but I am sure it still works.

If she read everything here she would already have pulled out all of her hair and would probably be locked in a rubber room by now.

• Like 2