George Cardas' listening room

tube fanatic

Everything makes a difference.

What operations do you go through to distinguish between a real effect and placebo effect?   :)

No "operations". I just use my ears. 

I bet that if most people in here sat down in front of a system that is set up properly in a well treated room and really pay attention, they could hear the differences better cables, tweaks, etc. impart. Now some would deny it to the end and go down with the ship, not unlike the staunch supporters of our fine president.

I'm not throwing stones here. If you can't hear it, don't buy it. But don't make fun of people who do hear an improvement. I don't claim to hear the effects of some tweaks either, so I don't bother to use them. But as for better power cords, speaker cables and interconnects, count me in.

And looking at some system pics from most internet forums, it's no wonder people poo poo these things. Speakers haphazardly placed, components stacked on top of each other, big honking screens between speakers. And I am not pointing the finger at anyone here, I see it on some of the hated "audiophile" forums that you guys make fun of too.

Those aren't the systems you will resolve these differences with. Just ain't happenin'.

So what I am saying is that there are two sides to every coin. Hell, a couple of years ago you would have had a hard time convincing me a Klipsch speaker could truly be musical. Now I am a true believer. So keep an open mind to what's possible.

Shakey

• Like 2

all the music in the world.. and that's the soundtrack he picks? i was expecting King Friday XIII to pop out at any moment...

LOL, was thinking something similar, at least we should have seen what type of sweater and type of tennis shoes he listens with.  They too can have a huge impact on your brains perception of the sound.  So strange to spend that much money and time for all of that gear and listen to elevator music.  I like some jazz, but all that was missing was the 'ding' as we reached our floor.

• Like 1

But the chair was "top notch" wasn't it??

all the music in the world.. and that's the soundtrack he picks? i was expecting King Friday XIII to pop out at any moment...

LOL, was thinking something similar, at least we should have seen what type of sweater and type of tennis shoes he listens with.  They too can have a huge impact on your brains perception of the sound.  So strange to spend that much money and time for all of that gear and listen to elevator music.  I like some jazz, but all that was missing was the 'ding' as we reached our floor.

LOL!  I was thinking the same thing.

That's a LOT of equipment to listen to a xylophone played with rubber mallets!  :lol:

Guest Steven1963

Everything makes a difference.

What operations do you go through to distinguish between a real effect and placebo effect?   :)

If I can remove someone from the listening room and lift the wires off of the carpet on one speaker and leave it lay on the carpet on the other, then bring the listener into the room, blindfolded and have them tell which is which - and they could 75% of the time - I'd be impressed.  Until then....

I've been a member of this forum for a while and have met several of you in person. I do not currently own any Klipsch but continue to read here because of the geniune courtesy and interest of the mebership as a whole. I've learned a lot from many of you and am grateful for that. Reading this thread, and other recent threads, I am a disappointed at the eagerness to disdain the path others have taked toward their own personal quest toward their own audio nirvana. This hobbey has long been about experiments, individual quests, and discussions among friends. If i choose to place my speaker wires on top of wooden blocks, or say a little prayer upon every record I place upon my turntable, or run my associated cords at perfect perpendicular angles to one another in the name of good sound and musical enjoyment, is that not in a general sense among the same vane that we all come to this forum for? Seriously, look around the web and tell me that it isn't a bit silly to condemn one of our own for these "infractions".

• Like 1

To steer folks away from solid engineering solutions for the practical necessities of system setup into the world of cable risers does a disservice to the community.  I suspect PWK would flash the BS button at such things.

Edited by Ski Bum
  • Like 1