Hope Gathering 2015 Pictures

mikebse2a3

This is how it started.

attachicon.gifServing.JPG

This is what the line was for.

attachicon.gifloaded gun.JPG

And these were the supervisiory council and brain trust.

attachicon.gifthe usual suspects.JPG

Aunt Bea about to bean me for some snarky comment.

attachicon.gifAunt Bea Evil Eye.JPG

Of course I like any picture with my Kiminie Ann in it! Photos of her with old friends... and new ones is just a bonus!

I plan on making a concentrated effort to get to know Tom & Amie MUCH better next time as they impressed me.

You are correct in saying Erika puts up with ALOT very well. She put up with alot from me and Pat and her really were easy to like!

Roger

• Like 2

A funny thing happened on the way to the farum...bonus points for knowing the reference

post-7643-0-02000000-1429118579_thumb.jp

If I can just find my keys and the mp3 player.

post-7643-0-79360000-1429118622_thumb.jp

Classy Glass.  Notice the DTel Detail.

post-7643-0-13120000-1429118685_thumb.jp

post-7643-0-49840000-1429118709_thumb.jp

In Situ:

post-7643-0-73920000-1429118734_thumb.jp

Dead Cows aren't much fun. When you call them they don't come.

post-7643-0-63880000-1429118787_thumb.jp

KevinMeister Motto: Dis is how he rolls...Kevin in a Nutshell?

post-7643-0-45600000-1429118833_thumb.jp

Belly up to the trough!

post-7643-0-33800000-1429118897_thumb.jp

Open your Pie Hole! 

post-7643-0-42560000-1429118930_thumb.jp

Oh yeah, and some Audio SH$T happened too...

post-7643-0-60880000-1429118991_thumb.jp

And when I woke up, this is what I had to put up with.

post-7643-0-16680000-1429119043_thumb.jp

Rodney's lovely daughter...cute to boot!

post-7643-0-15720000-1429119088_thumb.jp

NO FONTS WERE HURT DURING THE MAKING OF THIS POST.

• Like 2

A funny thing happened on the way to the farum...bonus points for knowing the reference

Can't believe nobody has bitten on this.  It's one of my favorites.  "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum" is a musical with music and lyrics by Stephen Sondheim and book by Burt Shevelove and Larry Gelbart done, as I recall, about 1962.  It was inspired by the farces of the ancient Roman playwright Plautus (251–183 BC), specifically Pseudolus, Miles Gloriosus and Mostellaria.  The musical tells the reasonably bawdy story of a slave named Pseudolus and his attempts to win his freedom by helping his young master woo the girl next door. Zero Mostel is a HOOT in it. 

Personally, I am a big fan of Petronius and his Satyricon is a LOT more full of great sex of all varieties.  Highly recommend the Fellini film of that work if reading isn't your thing.

Dave

Meanwhile, back at the hotel, a couple of small Heresy rigs were set up, one set was the 1977 flame twin HDBL Heresys, powered by H/K 430 twin-powered receiver. But I only took three pics of the HDBL flame twins, and I am hoping some of you other pilgrims have more pics of the meeting room fun. The poor flame twins were just out of a 15 year storage, and needed what PWK would probably have called: "Just knocking the dust off the woofers".

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/gallery/image/1394-flame-twins/

Thanks again to Roy for putting together a demo time and set-up for us...and to Bodcaw Rodney for going above and beyond...WAAAAAAY above and beyond!

Wait they were to pretty to not have a picture people can easily see.

These were at the hotel and sounded great, and are very pretty, they were build by Andy, HDBRbuilder while at Klipsch.

It was nice to meet you, and even nicer of you to share some Irish spirits, :emotion-14: although your part of the reason I slept very little, but it was because of us talking, so Thanks.

It was great meeting you and the wife and having lots of fun together, even though I still don't remember how I got to my room Thursday NIte (actually Friday morning!!)  Powers Irish is pretty tasty stuff...gotta love it!

• Like 1

• Klipsch Employees

Can't believe nobody has bitten on this.  It's one of my favorites.  "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum" is a musical with music and lyrics by Stephen Sondheim and book by Burt Shevelove and Larry Gelbart done, as I recall, about 1962.  It was inspired by the farces of the ancient Roman playwright Plautus (251–183 BC), specifically Pseudolus, Miles Gloriosus and Mostellaria.  The musical tells the reasonably bawdy story of a slave named Pseudolus and his attempts to win his freedom by helping his young master woo the girl next door. Zero Mostel is a HOOT in it. 

Personally, I am a big fan of Petronius and his Satyricon is a LOT more full of great sex of all varieties.  Highly recommend the Fellini film of that work if reading isn't your thing.

Dave

have you ever listened to blink-182.....awesome.....

• Like 2

Here was a very interesting Klipschorn Signed by Bob Moers of Klipsch in the museum.

Looks like it had been a working modified test cabinet.

Here is links to a couple of stories with Bob involved:

http://www.klipsch.com/plexiglas-khorn

http://www.klipsch.com/edwardsAFB

Mike,

The first link kind of freaks me. 

In 1970 Bob Moers and wife VG-VeeGee(sp?) would travel to Fayetteville to party with my wife and I. We were still in school and they a bit older. At that time the UofA ranked Playboy's number one party school in the country. Fayettetnam as we called it was very different from Hope. smile

My best friend and audio mentor Cedric introduced us to the Moers and we hit it off.  That introduction provided my wife and I, a couple of poor college kids, some outrageous audio for the times. The day of Quad so we ran two Khorns flank, two LaS center and two LaS rear. Amps that were sent free to PWK for evaluation we had for a song.  

Sorry for the trip down memory lane. Perhaps I should have PM'd.  But in the Klipsch logs that I have read I have never seen mention of a Cedric.

Just wonder where Bob Moers landed. Perhaps Hunter might have some memory of Cedric. (Kinker-Neal transmission line speakers)

I am told that Bill Brewly was close to suicide before finishing the Plex Khorn.

tc

• Like 1

Here was a very interesting Klipschorn Signed by Bob Moers of Klipsch in the museum.

Looks like it had been a working modified test cabinet.

Here is links to a couple of stories with Bob involved:

http://www.klipsch.com/plexiglas-khorn

http://www.klipsch.com/edwardsAFB

Mike,

The first link kind of freaks me. 

In 1970 Bob Moers and wife VG-VeeGee(sp?) would travel to Fayetteville to party with my wife and I. We were still in school and they a bit older. At that time the UofA ranked Playboy's number one party school in the country. Fayettetnam as we called it was very different from Hope. smile

My best friend and audio mentor Cedric introduced us to the Moers and we hit it off.  That introduction provided my wife and I, a couple of poor college kids, some outrageous audio for the times. The day of Quad so we ran two Khorns flank, two LaS center and two LaS rear. Amps that were sent free to PWK for evaluation we had for a song.  

Sorry for the trip down memory lane. Perhaps I should have PM'd.  But in the Klipsch logs that I have read I have never seen mention of a Cedric.

Just wonder where Bob Moers landed. Perhaps Hunter might have some memory of Cedric. (Kinker-Neal transmission line speakers)

I am told that Bill Brewly was close to suicide before finishing the Plex Khorn.

tc

Sure would have liked seeing you at Hope tc...... maybe next time.

By the way you would have loved the KP-600 playing at Rodney's Place... :-)

• Like 3

Did anyone take a group picture?  I’d like to know who some are; but, don’t want to bother people by asking on each individual photo.

But, I’ll take any help that someone is willing to offer.

SSH = Steve brought a Go-Pro and tried to get most everybody to say there forum name AND their real name on video and is trying to figure out how to post it to the forum...

Roger

• Like 2

Did anyone take a group picture?  I’d like to know who some are; but, don’t want to bother people by asking on each individual photo.

SSH = Steve brought a Go-Pro and tried to get most everybody to say there forum name AND their real name on video and is trying to figure out how to post it to the forum...

Roger

Thank you Roger … i hope he’s successful.  that would be cool to see.  Let the forum see your face AND hear your voice -- what pressure you all were under (or what influence were you all under? :D )

Roger

Thank you Roger … i hope he’s successful.  that would be cool to see.  Let the forum see your face AND hear your voice -- what pressure you all were under (or what influence were you all under? :D )

I for one was under the delightful influence of Eldons = DTEL Yummy Wild Turkey Honey, Locally freely shared white lightning, and some expensive Rum I never heard of with Coke provided by my Buddy HarmonDDS = Kevin Harmon, also was under the influence of a lot of great friends!

Roger

• Like 2

Man I missed out!

Friends, food, spirits, music, factory, and some of the most photographic scenery I've seen.  I am kicking myself for not pulling an all-nighter and coming. Things kinda got normal again about Thursday afternoon since we have been dealing with my wife's dad passing suddenly. The weather was nice, I was looking at the google maps to see how to get there. I saw 14 hours/900 miles, and I chickened out.

• Like 3