Happy tax day

mustang guy

Mine hurt... Owed over $600 between the Feds and the State.

I had to pay $1600, thanks to a mistake my wife made on her W-4 last year. No vacation for us this year!

If mine was even twice either one of these I'd buy everybody here a round out of sheer joy. Don't know the exact amount due to it being 6 different checks and being too lazy to add them, but altogether it was into the 5 digit range. Then one of my suppliers decided he needed a bunch of stuff prepaid for. Basically yesterday alone I shelled out about $25,000. Major suckage.

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters

If a person gets a refund, that's really the right way to do it.  They're giving you back YOUR money! 

If the fed/state owe you money, it means you overpaid your taxes during the year and effectively loaned the state $600 interest free, while denying yourself the ability to take that same $600 and invest it which could make you more money.  You lose both ways.

+++

Edited so it looks like I actually read Mr. Marvel's post and understood what it meant.  Thanks to Mr. Marvel further downstream for correcting me.  :rolleyes:

Edited by wvu80

That's really the right way to do it.  They're giving you back YOUR money! 

If the fed/state owe you money, it means you overpaid your taxes during the year and effectively loaned the state $600 interest free, while denying yourself the ability to take that same $600 and invest it which could make you more money.  You lose both ways.

You're financially smarter than the rest of us.  You just didn't know it.  B)

Problem is I would just blow the money and then owe more on April 15th. I'm fine with the gov. owing me a little money.

That's really the right way to do it.  They're giving you back YOUR money! 

You're financially smarter than the rest of us.  You just didn't know it.  B)

I think you misunderstood... I had to pay over $600. There's no joy in that at all.  At least this year I did my own and didn't have to pay the accountant.

Bruce

At times I'm still trying to justify us buying a $4,300 bed with our refund (it paid for all of it) when the garage is nearly falling over (with my car in it).

Editing my post, it sounded like you were considering one but after re-reading it sounds like you already pulled the trigger.

For anybody else looking for a new mattress, there are several high quality internet direct companies that can save you a ton, such as Casper, Leesa, and Tuft & Needle. A $4,300 mattress is literally like a $300 mattress and $4,000 worth of profits.

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters