Things from the past that are gone and you dont know why because they were great?

Max2

Split window '63.... regulations will not let us see this anytime soon. On the plus side, it just makes this design even more iconic.

1963corvettesw06.jpg

Stunning!

What ever happened to modern(ism)? 1930 to about 1965 and then an awful descent into retro-Victorian utilitarianism. 

• Like 1

i was at the first night shuttle landing...looked like a plane landing.

For about a dozen years, i lived close to the Lockheed Plant in the California desert.  Got to watch the SR-71 quite a bit.  That was a plane that always made me stop and look at it.

Just read Sled Driver.....AWESOME book written by a former SR-71 pilot.....

• Like 2

Not that it affects me but I don't like how we are getting away from dating.  Used to you could take out a different girl every weekend night.  It was intimate in that you were alone, could pay attention to each other, there weren't distractions, a boy could make a girl feel special, etc.  Nowadays, people apparently mostly text, and single people might be juggling several conversations at the same time.  Mild dating has been replaced by texting, that's like the courting process.  It's incredibly lame.  When my boy gets old enough to date I'm going to tell him to be an old fashioned goober and actually ask a girl out to a nice dinner.  

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters
  • Like 3

Not that it affects me but I don't like how we are getting away from dating.  Used to you could take out a different girl every weekend night.  It was intimate in that you were alone, could pay attention to each other, there weren't distractions, a boy could make a girl feel special, etc.  Nowadays, people apparently mostly text, and single people might be juggling several conversations at the same time.  Mild dating has been replaced by texting, that's like the courting process.  It's incredibly lame.  When my boy gets old enough to date I'm going to tell him to be an old fashioned goober and actually ask a girl out to a nice dinner.  

I miss taking dates to drive in movies. It was great......we could have dinner, watch a movie and get intimate all at the same place.

I listened to music every day on my cassette Walkman. 

Thats a great one.....The Walkman: Cassette or CD 

I have actually touched a space shuttle (not while it was in flight--hey, i move like a dancer; but, i'm not that good).

I never saw a landing in person or a night launch at the Cape, and I'm still aching to get into the VehicleAssemblyBuilding....Never seen an SR-71 in the sky...ever.. Kinda makes me a little sad to think about the future of aerospace design as we are making bigger and bigger leaps to take the pilot out of the cockpit....If we ever see a plane that out classes the YF-12 in style it probably won't have a pilot onboard.. :(

Edited by Audio Android
  • Like 1

Boy scouts???

Son is a Star scout and should make Eagle by this time next year.  Still an incredible program when the leadership is passionate. 

As to summer camp...he goes to a band camp, an orchestra camp, a boy scout camp, and a church camp every summer.  It's a stretch for us, but priceless in returns.

Dave

OK ,this makes me happy... Sounds like you got a good explorer/survivalist on your hands...It always makes me feel a little insecure when i hear survivalists talking about Nature. I used to be a scout, but only stayed in it for 2 years as the program was moved and i just never followed up...I regret that.

But Holy Moses thats a LOT of camps..I don't think i could of done that as a kid....One was enough for me, it was in NC and i lived in FL so it was a big deal going that far away as a kid. :emotion-21:  

Edited by Audio Android

My dad is telling me about.......(A Diver in a bottle)....You hold a button on the top of a clear bottle with a diver enclosed and a treasure chest at the bottom, and the diver swims to the bottom, to the treasure chest. You release the button and he swims back to the top..

A Crystal Radio.. :emotion-29:

Edited by Audio Android

Split window '63.... regulations will not let us see this anytime soon. On the plus side, it just makes this design even more iconic.

1963corvettesw06.jpg

Stunning!

What ever happened to modern(ism)? 1930 to about 1965 and then an awful descent into retro-Victorian utilitarianism. 

I prefer the understated 1967. Preferably in Red and motivated by the highest output aluminum head 427 V8 Chevrolet could jam between the inner fenders for drag racing  or motivated by the highest output small block for straightening out curves. 4 speed manual trans in either case.  :emotion-51:   

1963corvettesw06.jpg

Stunning!

I prefer the understated 1967. Preferably in Red and motivated by the highest output aluminum head 427 V8 Chevrolet could jam between the inner fenders for drag racing  or motivated by the highest output small block for straightening out curves. 4 speed manual trans in either case.  :emotion-51:   

There were so many custom builders adding the split to make a split window  in other years of vettes that people were getting very confused that Chevrolet only made them for one year.

JJK

• Like 1