Willing to buy Klipsch Jubilee Speakers anywhere in Texas or surrounding states

diamonddelts

Perhaps a dumb question since you didn't state more info...

Why not just buy a pair from Klipsch and have them delivered to your door?

(there aren't that many pair out there to start with so there are even fewer pair to be sold and then even fewer pair in your geographic area)

Without counting, I'm guessing there are only about 25/30 pair 'out there'.

I keep threatening to build a belle and try and go after part of that sound with a K510.  I should just plunk down the $6k.  I have my own 16' wide room so the wife could care less...  Will someone twist my arm a bit, I even have about that saved up for my Belle project.  If anyone has some info as to a good dealer I'd appreciate a PM and maybe some info on how best to amp these babies.

From what I have seen over the years, Jub's don't depreciate much at all. Like others have said, you really should consider pricing a new pair from a dealer and get the decorative front that will be the color, finish and/or veneer that you want.  They're probably the best bargain you can find for a new purchase, let alone some of the best sounding in the entire industry.

• Like 1

from a dealer

I really don't recommend going to a dealer: call American Cinema Equipment (Cinequip), ask for Spencer Chao. 

Ask for the following Jubilee version:

K-402/K-69-A top,

KPT-KHJ-LF bass bin --with birch plywood veneer front, if you wish. 

This is two-way version that Roy endorses. 

You could also ask for compression driver options: I'd go with something like a BMS 4592ND or a Faital Pro HF 200 series driver (your choice) compression driver, if they offer it.  But that's just me.

You need a crossover.  I'd recommend a Xilica XP2060 or a used Yamaha SP2060. 

Then buyer's remorse is averted from the outset.  You'd be set.

Chris

Edited by Chris A
  • Like 1

I bought my Jubilee's from Boxx in Nov. 2014 just prior to his passing and have considered selling them since my wife passed from cancer and I may downsize. Besides the Jub's I have some LaScalla II's, a pair of Cornwalls, a pair of Heresy I's and a pair of Heresy III's. The Jub's have the big horn and passive crossovers which were built by someone here on the forum, Boxx told me who but I forgot to write it down. I will probably hold on to them for now because I'm sure there will always be a market for used Jubilee......I would not sell mine for less than $5,500 including the passive XO's. You should keep your eye on the forum, if you don't buy new they always seem to turn up a couple times a year......damn after typing this post I already am getting a little sick thinking about selling them......any other of speakers I might sell.....but not my big frickin' horns.

Sorry, newbie I can't sell the Jub's....even if I downsize my house, I swear you can put them in a fairly small room and they still sound like Heaven!

• Like 2

from a dealer

I really don't recommend going to a dealer: call American Cinema Equipment (Cinequip), ask for Spencer Chao. 

Ask for the following Jubilee version:

K-402/K-69-A top,

KPT-KHJ-LF bass bin --with birch plywood veneer front, if you wish. 

This is two-way version that Roy endorses. 

You could also ask for compression driver options: I'd go with something like a BMS 4592ND or a Faital Pro HF 200 series driver (your choice) compression driver, if they offer it.  But that's just me.

You need a crossover.  I'd recommend a Xilica XP2060 or a used Yamaha SP2060. 

Then buyer's remorse is averted from the outset.  You'd be set.

Chris

I talked to Spencer earlier this year but I misplaced the quotes he gave me. I had written quotes for the Klipsch Jubilee/KPT 535-B,  and Klipsch KPT 942-M before but I just can't find them right  now. I would be just fine with the Klipsch KPT 942-M in my opinion, but it's hard to know for sure without hearing a pair firsthand.

I am very, very happy with my current speakers which are JBL 4722n speakers. However I just can't get over wanting a K402 horn. I'm not a diy guy so I can not assemble any type of Jubilee clones. I have a pair of 24" sealed subs so I have more than enough bass at this time. This is why I thought I could get away with the Klipsch KPT 942-M. They seem very similar to a two way Jubilee except with much less LF prowess. I only asked about the mono configuration because I want onboard passive network for plug and play only.

I'm just hoping this potential purchase will not be a sidestep from the JBL 4722n speakers I currently have.

http://www.jblpro.com/www/products/cinema-market/screenarray-systems-2-way/4722_4722n#Specs

Edited by diamonddelts

• Moderators
I'm not a diy guy so I can not assemble any type of Jubilee clones. I have a pair of 24" sealed subs so I have more than enough bass at this time. This is why I thought I could get away with the Klipsch KPT 942-M. They seem very similar to a two way Jubilee except with much less LF prowess.

I think you are on the right path trying to audition the folded horn bass bin of the Jubes with a direct radiator of the KPT 942.

My preference is the folded horn because it is so clean. 

It is going to come down to your personal preference as to how you like your bass.

I'm in Austin, PM me and I can probably arrange an audition of Jubes for you.  You just missed out on a pair in Buda that had the TAD drivers on the 402 horns that  Jmon got the deal of the century on.

Thank you for the audition offer. Though you also completely crushed my day with that last sentence. :(