How old is your daily driver?

Arrow#422

No, not the restored, beautiful 60's muscle car, classic, or parade queen - but rather that dirty, dented, rusted, old piece that gets you from A to B without any hesitation, the one that starts every time, that you'd drive anywhere on a minutes notice, and hopefully has never left you stranded because you could always milk it home if needed.

So, how old is your daily driver & share mileage.

'96 GMC Yukon  - 212K (dying a slow death)

'98 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP - 165K  (still averages 23 mpg)

This might be good, if you's are willing to play.

Edited by Arrow#422

Let me throw a few at ya.....

Mine: 1999 Honda CRV-245k

Wife: 2000 Honda Odyssey-287k

Youngest daughter: 1999 Honda Civic dx hatch back-326k.....original engine & trans

Eldest daughter: her new ride as of two months ago...1998 Isuzu Oasis-203k....(it's a Honda Odyssey)

I just condemed her old ride the end of this summer...it was a 1994 Honda Accord.....over 400k....original engine...replaced trans once..

I would drive these cars anywhere.......

MKP :-)

Not old but trending, my 2008 Jeep Wrangler Sahara.The perfect vehicle up here in the north. Our roads aren't the best and even worse in the winter- which is about six months here. Add in the bonuses they never really change looks, and if maintained can go for years. As well as the fact that I have only racked up 53k kilometres on a vehicle long paid for...

I inherited my wife's car after selling my truck and buying her another car a few years ago. Her car (it ain't mine-I don't buy imports or foreign company brands)is a 1999 Nissan Maxima SE Limited with 53,000 miles. It's a garage queen and I get tired of people asking if I want to sell it.

My car is a 2012 Buick Lacrosse Touring with 5,400 miles. It has been in a light rain one time on the way home from the coast.

When you live close to work (when I did work) and close to the coast the miles don't add up very fast. And I don't drive around for sport. I'm one of those guys trying to help Saudi drink their oil.

I'm considering buying a Camaro or Corvette next year if I can quit having heart attacks.

Keith

2005 Buick LeSabre, bought it with 30,000 and have abused the Shite out of it to the tune of 268,000 miles. It sits outside , not in the garage. It has never been in the Garage and with the exception of good oil maintenance, it has been beat on daily. Speed limiter kicks on and off at 108 mph and 106 mph and was fast enough to recently avoid a ticket :)

Roger

• Like 1

2004 f-150 with 100k miles. Kind of sucks because I'm getting a new battery this morning, last weekend I got hung up while deer hunting due to it not going into 4wd, needs new tires, next week I'm getting a brake controller, heat shield on the cat is rattling badly, and transmission is bucking at 43 mph. Needs a bunch of stuff at once. Tempted to trade it in but I'd have to spend way too much to get an upgrade.

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters
  • Like 1

My daily driver? He's 68. He's a retired trucker in need of a little work. No, I don't make him wear a hat.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

Maybe he could get into the pony-express business and do delivery runs of audio gear for the greater good of the Klipsch brotherhood  !

I drive a 17 yr old jeep Cherokee, it so simple I can do most repairs, and parts are so cheap its absurd, and you cant kill a 4.0 straight six and I have tried. One Cherokee I had I burned the oil down to a half a quart and put another 50k on it before donating it. If you want you don't even have to change the oil just add. I left my current one in the woods for 7yrs, put some oil in the cylinders threw in a new battery and it started right up. I was shocked the other day when I needed a new front light for our other car, it was over 1600$ I bought one for my jeep and it was 6$..... When I leave a parts store, I actually end up laughing every time....

• Like 1

My 1995 Bronco was sort of put to pasture when I bought a Focus in 2005.  The Bronco has 205,000 miles and I bought it as a demonstrator that had 325 miles at the time.  I spent last winter in my garage/man cave patching some rusted out fenders and the tailgate.  Pretty common for Ford Trucks.  Next up are some new seat cushion covers that the wife says are my Christmas present.  They will look like originals.  It still runs great with just a few of the nits common to Broncos of that era.  

The Mercedes was bought after I put over 200k on the Focus that was my daily driver.  It was bought because gas was just too expensive for the Bronco.  Fact is, the cost of the payment was less than what the premium I was paying for driving the Bronco.  I commute about 75miles each way so the miles add up.  The Focus was good transportation, but when it came time to replace it the wife wanted me in a larger vehicle due to the hazards of deer, snow and ice.  I damaged the Focus twice on snow and ice. 

After researching four wheel drive cars I found that an E-350 would be the best option.  I bought it with 23,000 miles on it and have put another 207,000 in about 7 years.  It is a whole lot quieter to ride in than the Focus.  I replaced the front drive shaft last summer.  The only major work I've done, but had a fender replaced after killing Bambi.  It was a bit more money than I've ever spent on a car, but the reliability has been superb.  I expect to have 300k on it before I consider replacing it. 

Obviously, I've no qualms with driving vehicles many miles before replacement.  Service a vehicle regularly and they'll generally serve you well.   

Edited by billybobg