Are these authentic KHorn crossovers?

NBPK402

A friend just picked up some KHorns, and Cornwalls, and wanted me to see if these are Authentic KHorns, and Cornwalls. Any info that can be given would be appreciated.

Here are some pics (I know they are crappy pics, but that's all i have currently).

image1%205_zpsql1y013j.jpg

image1%204_zpsoc7c7bl1.jpg

image1%202_zpsgooz5lm7.jpg

image1%203_zps4hrgv4tq.jpg

Cornwall

image1%201_zpsiemvvcyk.jpg

Thanks, he said the KHorns were in excellent condition too with what appeared to be a cherry veneer finish...what a shame that they are not authentic. I was doubting the authenticity of them when i saw the pics of the crossovers, but i thought there was a chance they were very old ones. Well at least he got some real Cornwalls.  Don't La Scalas have the same crossovers as KHorns?

Edited by ellisr63

I pulled out the old trusty Speakerlab catalogs and found  another "Speaker Factory" catalog. which appears identical to the Speakerlab catalog.  Both companies are (were?) located on Northlake Way in Seattle Washington within three blocks of each other so I am assuming SF was the successor to SL.  I therefore surmise that the Khorns could be SF since they bear this marking  and numbering on the back and this could also explain why they were made out of particle board.

I built a set of SK's while a dumb college student ( my second build) and was amazed at the sound.  A carpenter  buddy from church offered to cut out the wood panels.  Little did I know he didn't have a table saw but only a Skil saw!!  13 degree angles are hard to cut that way.  Lots of clear silicone was used!!!!

Hope this helps.  I've attached a pic from the SF catalog of some xovers being wired and the coils are covered in the same glue/wax as shown in the above pic.

I pulled out the old trusty Speakerlab catalogs and found  another "Speaker Factory" catalog. which appears identical to the Speakerlab catalog.  Both companies are (were?) located on Northlake Way in Seattle Washington within three blocks of each other so I am assuming SF was the successor to SL.  I therefore surmise that the Khorns could be SF since they bear this marking  and numbering on the back and this could also explain why they were made out of particle board.

I built a set of SK's while a dumb college student ( my second build) and was amazed at the sound.  A carpenter  buddy from church offered to cut out the wood panels.  Little did I know he didn't have a table saw but only a Skil saw!!  13 degree angles are hard to cut that way.  Lots of clear silicone was used!!!!

Hope this helps.  I've attached a pic from the SF catalog of some xovers being wired and the coils are covered in the same glue/wax as shown in the above pic.

• Like 1

post-21976-0-21180000-1457479274_thumb.j

• Like 1

Speakerlab is still in business. Here's a link to their history pages. If you click through to page 15, you'll see the Speakerlab K... Great pics!

http://www.speakerlab.com/history.html

Here's a page from their 1975 catalog, with a nod to Paul Klipsch.

Bruce

post-5045-0-77820000-1457558636_thumb.jp

Edited by Marvel