Things You Want to See

oldtimer

• Moderators

I think my list would be

World Peace

Commercial space flights to the moon

The oceans cleaned up

The 2nd coming (without the gnashing of teeth would be my preference)

To watch another triple crown winner

To see the Northern lights

To be in the Distric at the height of Cherry blossoms blooming (which was yesterday)

To know, definitively, who shot Kennedy

Racial and gender equality

Justice, for everyone, regardless of income.

A Yetti mug that will keep hold ice cubes twice as long and under 10 bucks.

Seriously, if there is one single thing I would like to see or experience before the end of my life would be a visitation from friendly aliens from another planet.

In the meantime, here's an excellent story of aliens and a group of Earthlings who are conscripted to help them free other aliens from slavery.  It's called Spacetrawler and is one of the best stories I've ever read.

Spacetrawler is a graphic novel.  It's about 275 pages long.  It has drama, comedy, lots of character development, and I really liked it.

It starts at this page:  http://spacetrawler.com/2010/01/01/spacetrawler-4/

I think my list would be

World Peace

The oceans cleaned up

To be in the Distric at the height of Cherry blossoms blooming (which was yesterday)

The Northern Lights are doable.  I used to see them often when I lived in Quebec, and saw a great display one evening in Saskatchewan. 

Look into it and make it happen!

• Like 1

You just can't admit for you it would be the Canucks actually winning the Stanley Cup.

I don't really follow hockey, or most sports.  I would like to see Valentino Rossi win another MotoGP world championship, though.  He came pretty close last year.

• Like 2

• Moderators

I think my list would be

World Peace

The oceans cleaned up

Some really great ones on you list, and it seems some of the better ones could be done just with peoples attitudes changing.  

You just can't admit for you it would be the Canucks actually winning the Stanley Cup.

I don't really follow hockey, or most sports.  I would like to see Valentino Rossi win another MotoGP world championship, though.  He came pretty close last year.

I think it will be a very interesting year for him, and Lorenzo. These two really hate each other, and Lorenzo started out the season very strong. MM and Pedrosa will be in the fight also. Good times.

Oh yeah I like where you are going...

I always like to try and catch "Trading Places" toward the beginning.....

A coworker had her picture taken with Jamie a few years ago (just happened to be walking down the same street, nice lady too). Jamie was wearing these big sunglasses and I tell ya, you'd never recognize her. I look at the picture for 10-minutes and still couldn't tell who it was.

Any of you oldtimers remember Anarchist? LOL!!!

In any event, just for S&G...

• Free MIL handgun and a MIL rifle for everyone (except felons, bug-crazies, and non-US Citizens); make it mandatory like Switzerland; and mandatory annual qualification
  • Mandatory Identification document issued by each state in compliance with an "e-verify" system. Make weapon possession rights as an endorsement.
  • Flat rate Income Tax, State level sales tax, and luxury item sales tax. Expensive boats, planes, and expensive autos should be hit hard...
  • Term limits on all politicans; ONE TERM - NO EXEMPTIONS
  • Nationalize breweries and guarantee Free Beer to all!!!
  • Two "Purge" days per year; exempt public safety folks from being victims. Turn 'em loose; social Darwinism will prevail... Besides... I have a couple of targets...
  • Decriminalize simple drug possession, but... mandatory public execution for drug sellers
  • Ban dark colored SUV's with window tints and all vehicles with annoying loud speakers...
  • Reinstate the death penalty, and make all executions public, by public hanging, and leave them hanging until they start smelling...
  • Reinstate the draft. All able bodied men and women must attend basic training.
  • Require all internet users to use their real name, addresses, etc., in all apps, etc.
  • Ban all small small, terribly inbred "yip-yip" dogs from being carried in purses by the rich and famous. Ban pink collars too!!!

Other than the whole carpet bomb thing, which has some merits!!, this is pretty much a great short list that I can live with. Given that I considered these things very late last night, what the hell!

All in the spirit of humor, good fun, and an alternative to doing my taxes yet again... :blink:

• Like 2