zebra wood jubilee clones for sale

ssctrojan1980

• Administrators

If you built a car that looked like a Chevy Impala and you labelled it as an Impala with intent to sell, Chevrolet might take exception to that.

Therefore, I'm editing the thread title to include the word "clone".

• Like 3

If you built a car that looked like a Chevy Impala and you labelled it as an Impala with intent to sell, Chevrolet might take exception to that.

Therefore, I'm editing the thread title to include the word "clone".

Cool. Shoulda been done from get go or at least 40 posts ago :)

• Like 1

• Moderators

As long as they are not represented as built by "Klipsch," isn't doesn't matter what I call them. The description clearly states that i built them.

Bullshit

That is a trademarked name.

I think you are getting close to being schooled.

In your first build thread Roy pointed out he saw a mistake in your build.

But best of look with your facsimiles.

Edited by dwilawyer
  • Like 2

• Moderators

By the way, "Zebrawood is listed as vulnerable due to a population reduction of over 20% in the past three generations, caused by a decline in its natural range. (A closely-related, lesser-used species in Cameroon, Microberlinia bisulcata, is also listed as critically endangered."

May not make a difference to some people, but some people may be adverse to it. Klipsch went with a sustainable wood that resembles Zebrawood for that very reason.

i guess email me the tradermark registration or patent number on the word "jubilee"

serial number 75073383

It seems that they didn't keep up with the filings for the continued use claims, but it at least was there.  

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters
  • Like 1

Simple Definition of clone

• biology : a plant or animal that is grown from one cell of its parent and that has exactly the same genes as its parent

• : a product (such as a computer) that is a copy of another product produced by a well-known company

• : a person or thing that appears to be an exact copy of another person or thing

Just so everyone knows, the plans listed here are not clones or a copy.  Those plans are derived from reading the article by Paul and Roy about the Jubilee.  In this reference, the throat size, flare, and 1/8 space given.  Also a miniaturized view of the horn path.  There is no exact angle or Dims there to copy.

When I drew up these plans, it was gathering of material from many horn build articles as well as input from the forum.  I had only seen and listened to the Jube.  I never touched one with a measuring tape or looked inside.  I never asked Roy or conversed with a Klipsch employee.

The Dims and angles in my plans are were created in a principle of an exponential flare 1/8 space from a 90Hz throat.  Limitation was to keep the depth and width and height "similar" to the Klipsch Jube.  They are different.  I basically know the dims of the real Jube now (mostly).......but they are not in these plans.

I have made a point in the past of calling these plans Jube-like and not a clone.  It is a 40Hz exponential 1/8 space bass horn with a 90 sq in throat shared by two 12 woofers keeping the challenge of design in a 24" depth (a real challenge).  The performance is very good IMO.  I hope that it is obvious I'm a Klipsch fan and these plans as well as other of my plans shared on this forum are provided in the spirit of horns in general.  All DIY stuff is at your own risk.

Anyone is free to build these or anything else I put on this forum and do with as you please; as I'm comfortable giving these out ..........as I had no "secret input or information" included in the design.

jc

Edited by jwc
  • Like 1

• Moderators

• biology : a plant or animal that is grown from one cell of its parent and that has exactly the same genes as its parent

• : a product (such as a computer) that is a copy of another product produced by a well-known company

• : a person or thing that appears to be an exact copy of another person or thing

Just so everyone knows, the plans listed here are not clones or a copy.  Those plans are derived from reading the article by Paul and Roy about the Jubilee.  In this reference, the throat size, flare, and 1/8 space given.  Also a miniaturized view of the horn path.  There is no exact angle or Dims there to copy.

When I drew up these plans, it was gathering of material from many horn build articles as well as input from the forum.  I had only seen and listened to the Jube.  I never touched one with a measuring tape or looked inside.  I never asked Roy or conversed with a Klipsch employee.

The Dims and angles in my plans are were created in a principle of an exponential flare 1/8 space from a 90Hz throat.  Limitation was to keep the depth and width and height "similar" to the Klipsch Jube.  They are different.  I basically know the dims of the real Jube now (mostly).......but they are not in these plans.

I have made a point in the past of calling these plans Jube-like and not a clone.  It is a 40Hz exponential 1/8 space bass horn with a 90 sq in throat shared by two 12 woofers keeping the challenge of design in a 24" depth (a real challenge).  The performance is very good IMO.  I hope that it is obvious I'm a Klipsch fan and these plans as well as other of my plans shared on this forum are provided in the spirit of horns in general.  All DIY stuff is at your own risk.

Anyone is free to build these or anything else I put on this forum and do with as you please; as I'm comfortable giving these out ..........as I had no "secret input or information" included in the design.

jc

JC, you have never once referred to these as Jubilees, nor could I ever imagine you doing so.
  • Like 1

• Moderators

Damn! If I ever build anything, I hope I get 1/2 the publicity that this discussion has generated.

This is to speaker sales, what Donald Trump is to free news publicity.

Actually, the garage sale section prohibits commercial or "business" advertising. Interesting fact!

Damn! If I ever build anything, I hope I get 1/2 the publicity that this discussion has generated.

This is to speaker sales, what Donald Trump is to free news publicity.

Jub-like bass horn that sounds great.  The difference from my build is this builder appears to be much better at cosmetics than I'm capable of.

My back hurts too bad to build any more.

• Moderators

Just so everyone knows, the plans listed here are not clones or a copy. Those plans are derived from reading the article by Paul and Roy about the Jubilee. In this reference, the throat size, flare, and 1/8 space given. Also a miniaturized view of the horn path. There is no exact angle or Dims there to copy.

When I drew up these plans, it was gathering of material from many horn build articles as well as input from the forum. I had only seen and listened to the Jube. I never touched one with a measuring tape or looked inside. I never asked Roy or conversed with a Klipsch employee.

The Dims and angles in my plans are were created in a principle of an exponential flare 1/8 space from a 90Hz throat. Limitation was to keep the depth and width and height "similar" to the Klipsch Jube. They are different. I basically know the dims of the real Jube now (mostly).......but they are not in these plans.

I have made a point in the past of calling these plans Jube-like and not a clone. It is a 40Hz exponential 1/8 space bass horn with a 90 sq in throat shared by two 12 woofers keeping the challenge of design in a 24" depth (a real challenge). The performance is very good IMO. I hope that it is obvious I'm a Klipsch fan and these plans as well as other of my plans shared on this forum are provided in the spirit of horns in general. All DIY stuff is at your own risk.

Anyone is free to build these or anything else I put on this forum and do with as you please; as I'm comfortable giving these out ..........as I had no "secret input or information" included in the design.

jc

As I recall you improved on that in at least two later generations?

So these are JC Pipe's "I had a weekend to kill and lets see how close I can come from eyeballing it" version.

I remember you saying that, not sure it was with this version, that by the time you did materials, time, etc., etc., that the new ones were an excellent value.

• Like 1