How does Klipsch rate?

ZEUS121996

Doing some research on Hope and this is what I find

"Hope is a small town in Hempstead County  with two claims to fame: it is the birthplace of former U.S. President Bill Clinton and it showcases some of the world's largest watermelons."

How the company doesn't get recognized is interesting

Mark

• Like 1

I've talked to some of the town residents that don't seem to know about the company.  Granted, it was a waitress at the Waffle House and, she might have been young....but still...  for a company that has been siting there for 70 years, you'd think everyone would know about it.

Does this instead, shine a light to all of us geeky dorks, that maybe the world doesn't revolve around our speakers as much as we think/hope it might?

I have to agree with Heavenly. Most people and I mean like 99% could give a hoot about Klipsch, even those in and around Hope. Hell even most "audiophiles" could care less about the brand. Heritage may be hi-end in price but not considered that by the stuffed shirts of hi-fi.

• Like 1

In my 37 years of owning Klipsch, I doubt I've come across more than a dozen people who know the brand.  Those that do, are more recent conversations.  Thanks I suppose to Best Buy and the like.

Edited to add:  That is, until I found the forum!

Edited by Coytee
  • Like 1

There are 3 large companies there. The largest is Tyson, than Poulan/Husqvarna and Klipsch.

I thought Huckabee was from there?

Yea Huckabee was from there also. For a town of just over 10K, they have some huge companies operating there. Being in Ilinois, I wonder what that's like

Mark

• Moderators

Not all that many people employed by Klipsch in a town the size of Hope. But the one thing no other city can claim is a speaker designed and engineered there, and still in production and still a viable product for 70 years, Longer than any other design in the US.

• Like 1

Not all that many people employed by Klipsch in a town the size of Hope. But the one thing no other city can claim is a speaker designed and engineered there, and still in production and still a viable product for 70 years, Longer than any other design in the US.

Ms Osmond would be very proud of your analysis.  Go have yourself a chocolate shake.

:emotion-21:  

• Like 1

I have to agree with Heavenly. Most people and I mean like 99% could give a hoot about Klipsch, even those in and around Hope. Hell even most "audiophiles" could care less about the brand. Heritage may be hi-end in price but not considered that by the stuffed shirts of hi-fi.

Most audio enthusiasts I've come across do not or have never preferred the Klipsch sound. That's not saying I haven't witnessed some of them do a 180 when they heard Klipsch dialed in properly. A very large number just don't like horns period.

As for most normal people...they could care less about speakers or who makes them.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

• Moderators

From the County economic development agency:

Hope/Hempstead County is home to over 4,000 manufacturing jobs. The labor force provides plentiful and productive right-to-work labor. Industries located here include: Brentwood Industries, Champion Parts, Inc., CMC Joist Company, New Millenium, Funder-America, Hexion Specialty Chemicals, Old Castle, International Paper Company, JMS Metal Services, Klipsch Audio Technologies, Southern Bakeries, Georgia-Pacific Forest Products and Tyson Foods. We invite you to visit our area and see why other successful industrial manufacturers have joined our team.

• Like 1