Jokes?

Marvel

Thanks for refreshing my geriatric brain Emil @EmilC.  Your post is humorous, but true.

The notion that all high school students should aspire to college is absurd.  One of my best high school teachers lectured our AP physics class on the very topic.  Of course, he was playing devil’s advocate, but he wanted that college bound group to think and say, “yes, but . . . “ 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

To put an end to thread drift, you know you’re having a bad day when you get stuck in line behind a price check at a dollar store.

I once bought (not at a dollar store) 6 feet of chain at $1.03 a foot, and the checkout clerk had to enter $1.03 six times.

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Edgar said:

I once bought (not at a dollar store) 6 feet of chain at $1.03 a foot, and the checkout clerk had to enter $1.03 six times.

- the clerk was fully aware of their math skills

- the store was using Fred Flintstone Inventory Control Systems

- yet another supply “chain” issue

• Haha 2

They must not pay enough here. Cashier said 20 something, I said thanks and while proceeding to pay with card, 30 something flashed on screen. Told her and she grabbed my arm friendly like, stopping the transaction.

She avoids me now. Wow, 10 per customer, 300,000 per year. 

Should have become a cashier.

Live and learn

• Like 1