Apology to the community

T2K

It was a flippant observation.

Do you have any other kind?

Every once in a while..

Feel free to dislike me if you like.

Wow, that happened a long time ago....

Where's that darn button when you need it?

"Dislike" is bound to stir the pot worse than you've already seen it stirred.

Agree wholeheartedly with this.... 

Those that think a persons post count reflects their knowledge or "value" are WRONG there are definitely people here with high post counts that spout BS consistently . If you post you should be able to defend your post or at least state that its an educated guess or only your opinion ! If you don't have the backbone to back up your remarks...

...and just as importantly, the integrity and courage to admit when you are wrong.

• Like 1

"Dislike" is bound to stir the pot worse than you've already seen it stirred.

Agree wholeheartedly with this....

Those that think a persons post count reflects their knowledge or "value" are WRONG there are definitely people here with high post counts that spout BS consistently . If you post you should be able to defend your post or at least state that its an educated guess or only your opinion ! If you don't have the backbone to back up your remarks...

...and just as importantly, the integrity and courage to admit when you are wrong.
post-63465-0-90600000-1469569128_thumb.ppost-63465-0-83240000-1469569174_thumb.j

• Moderators

On the upgrade/downgrade button. We have a limited form of that now, the "best answer" button. Is that just for the OP to use? I don't think I have ever used that feature.

I would try it out first first with just "upgrade" as the only option. I like idea of a poster asking for sincere help to be able to indicate what he thought was most helpful (best answer). I also like the idea of members being able to "reward" a useful and helpful answer by upgrading it.

I would think that good answers would rise to the top and people can be lead by example.

The person with the most "best answers" AND the person with the most upgrades should each win a free prize. A toaster would be nice.

As to the like button in Hope, I used up my daily allotment of "likes" in Carl's Corner within 30 minutes of it opening.

On the, hopefully, temporary loss of Ibiza. The loss of anyone under 30 on this forum should be alarming to anyone who wants the Klipsch brand to be strong and thrive. They are all potential lifetime consumers of Klipsch, and they are all going to have kids that will need earbuds and headphones. They pay money to take dates to the movies, creating more demand for new theaters and thus more demand for Pro Cinema products, which are made in Hope by the way.

I would bet the CEA has good data on what the 20 to 25 and 25 to 35 demos will spend on audio gear and I am guessing it is probably 10x as much as the 65+ demo.

That "kid" and all of his friends should be welcomed back on bended knee.

As a matter of fact, Chad should create a private, members only forum called Under 30. They can all go there and ask anything they want without worrying about it. They can also make fun of all of us; about how out of touch we are; are locked into a set and inflexible view; and that those who are inflexible become less relevant with each passing day.

Edited by dwilawyer
  • Like 4

I've been texting with IBIZA for a while today. He has plenty to do and no desire to chime in on anything. Maybe he will show up again some time like MM did, it's nice seeing him posting a little bit

Mark

I am glad you are in touch with him. Can you at least have him stop by for my pop culture references? There have been a number of times he will pick up on something that most of the older guys here just stare blankly at. 

Many boards have an "Ignore User" feature.  Maybe the upgraded forum software will have that feature.

It does.

Does the Ignore User option include a Button that will have a Send Birdie Now Function???

Excellent idea, "R" rated emogi's..... Perfect.

• Moderators

I've been texting with IBIZA for a while today. He has plenty to do and no desire to chime in on anything. Maybe he will show up again some time like MM did, it's nice seeing him posting a little bit

Mark

I am glad you are in touch with him. Can you at least have him stop by for my pop culture references? There have been a number of times he will pick up on something that most of the older guys here just stare blankly at.
That's a best answer and would have all my daily quota of upgrade buttons if that feature was available.

That response caused me to spew soda all over my keyboard as I could picture those blank stares.

I will find the SNL sketch that came to mind as soon as I find it.

Edited by dwilawyer