When Did We Become So Wimpy On The Forum?

tidmack

3 minutes ago, jason str said:

If this was aimed towards me i do not build boutique anything, just refinishing, updating, refurbishing and custom cabinets.

I thought you make custom subs? It wasn't a negative list, just rattling off names of members that make/sell custom gear in small quantities. 

Speaking of which - add Justin to the list. And Bob.

3 minutes ago, richieb said:

First post in this near dozen page, thrill packed thread but guys, is it really expected that Klipsch carry a complete inventory of parts for products that are 20, 30, 40 years old? Other than the cabinetry and engineering I venture all remaining components were and are outsourced. It's physically and economically impossible; and obsolescence trumps them all. 

OK.  So then why the fuss over those who provide help for this deficit?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rebuy said:

OH--I'm not worthy to talk to him----We're not Worthy, We're Not Worthy---Hahahaha

That my friend is where you are wrong; Chief talks to everyone and is very engaging on tech-la-babble I don't understand to fishing and beer drinking where I can hold my own (until the last beer)

• Like 3

His name is Roy Delgado. Roy worked directly with Paul for many many years. He designed the Jubilee. He leads development efforts for Klipsch Pro equipment now. He's sort of a big deal. (His apartment smells of rich mahogany and he has many leather bound books)

He actually let YOU into his apartment to smell things? Oh my...

6 minutes ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

I thought you make custom subs? It wasn't a negative list, just rattling off names of members that make/sell custom gear in small quantities. 

Speaking of which - add Justin to the list. And Bob.

I do but don't consider it to be boutique.

Carry on.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, mark1101 said:

Dumb question.........

If Klipsch thinks it's a bad idea to modify their speakers then why is there a forum for "technical/modifications" that states: "updating and modifying older speakers" ?

Maybe it should just be "updating" as was suggested earlier.

My husband got his first job and the first thing he bought was some old la scalas off ebay.  He and I were not happy with the purchase when compared to two other speakers we already owned from Klipsch.  He and I then traveled to some store that sold some high end speakers with a cool looking design that looked like a microphone on top.  We loved them.  I wanted to buy but he just couldn't break down and do it.  He was too passionate for the Klipsch name brand he always knew.

He then found some way to make a change to the la scalas.   It worked.  We then loved them and thought they blew away the high end speakers we heard in the store.  There was a substantial savings there.  I talked him into buying me a new camera :laugh:

15 hours ago, Marvel said:

Steve - have you seen the movie "The Finest Hours" about the CG rescue in the early 1950s? Wife and I watched it yesterday and liked it a lot.

Hi Bruce -- i saw it on cable tv a few months ago. Ah, two things get me like a hook--ocean movies and plane crash movies.  

One of my best friend’s great-grandfather was part of the Pea Island crew.  In fact, my buddy’s father is interviewed in this trailer.

• Like 1