Welcome home, "Little Miss Sunshine".

Matthews

Nice '69...is that a 350 vette?

Brings memories of the neighbor who originally had a T-bucket with (L88?) 427. That thing was real baggie burner. Well, he ended up tailgating a Karmon Ghia with the thing, and that about wiped him out financially. So he ditched the T and found a brown '69 vette, and put the L88 into that. The Corvette already had modified wheel flares, and some other very well done fiberglass work. He then painted it metallic black and mounted 4 inch sidepipes.

The thing was relatively quiet until he jumped on it...then you could hear him all over the world. Nuthin' like the sound of a wide open L88 with 4 inch dumps more or less.

If this guy is still around, (more than likely) he probably still has the 1957 root beer brown Nomad that he has had since 16.

Congats!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, mike stehr said:

Nice '69...is that a 350 vette?

Yup, fresh GM Goodwrench crate 350 & T400 tranny (less than 5K miles on the build).  

47 minutes ago, mike stehr said:

and mounted 4 inch sidepipes.

That is the very 1st change being made.  Doug's headers with the 4" collectors (black), max flow muffler inserts.

- I just found a hidden goodie not mentioned in the sale.  It has the rare, pop-out rear window :D

• Like 1

• Moderators
8 hours ago, Matthews said:

However, for me "LMS" is perfect! 

I don't blame you, I love the shape. I have heard from people that there were good and bad years, I don't know except some are not as nice looking as others. I would think they are all fun to drive, the new models are cool but $.

Have fun, shouldn't be hard to do. :lol:

• Like 1