Has anyone here ordered brand new heritage speakers from Klipsch, what has your experience been?

AaronB123

5 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Klipsch Inc's deal was with the dealer, and Aaron's deal is with the dealer, not Klipsch Inc.

If it were an automobile and the dealer screwed up, you better believe the manufacturer would jump in and assist the customer to help resolve his issue.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

If it were an automobile and the dealer screwed up, you better believe the manufacturer would jump in and assist the customer to help resolve his issue.

Point well made!

+++

Sticking with your premise, since there are no more 70th Anniversary Khorns available, I wonder how Klipsch would feel about building the 71st pair with matching serial numbers and dropping them off at Aaron's house?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

since there are no more 70th Anniversary Khorns available

None available but an identical pair as Aarons is out there somewhere.  He has 2 left hand gloves and someone else has 2 right.  You just need to find someone who's interested in making a customer happy and is good with logistics.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

None available but an identical pair as Aarons is out there somewhere.  He has 2 left hand gloves and someone else has 2 right.  You just need to find someone who's interested in making a customer happy and is good with logistics.

That would involve going into someone's living room and taking one of his speakers.  Then Aaron gets a used speaker that may be damaged, or subjected to dog hair, smoking or cat scratches.  It may be over a year old in someone else's home by now.  Who knows?

Still, those speakers all have bar codes on the S/N label.  You would think someone somewhere would have a record.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

I thought these new posts were congrats from people or pics of Aaron's new speakers, not more drama. 

I agree and thought best (yep, I'm thinking again) to keep quiet but I'm feeling sorry for this guy. After the initial drama of having a dealer accept and deliver his order now he gets to read about what a shame his pride and joy are off one serial number. That's after someone pointed out a split in the veneer (camera flash) and the Klipshorn emblem falling off. Here's a guy that spent more for his New KHorns than most of us have ever spent on All the Klipsch speakers we own. Or even buy new for that matter. Are there other ways we can celebrate his once in lifetime purchase with more depressing comments? 

7 hours ago, Lost240 said:

For that kind of money I would demand that everything was 1000% perfect and accept nothing less. I would bring this up with Klipsch and have them make it right. 

Why do people keep saying Klipsch needs to make this right? The company sent out pairs and the dealer made a mistake. It is the dealer's responsibility to make sure the #s match. And how are they suppose to make it right? Build another pair so there are 71 pairs of 70th anniversary?

Mark

9 minutes ago, ZEUS121996 said:

And how are they suppose to make it right? Build another pair so there are 71 pairs of 70th anniversary?

That would be my recommendation, although due to lack of material such as the proper veneer, it may not be possible.  If it is possibe, there's no need to publicize it, just quietly make pair 71.  I would be thrilled to own such a unique set.

3 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

That would be my recommendation, although due to lack of material such as the proper veneer, it may not be possible.  If it is possibe, there's no need to publicize it, just quietly make pair 71.  I would be thrilled to own such a unique set.

I suppose they could make another pair with serial # 43 and take Aaron's back. Then there would only be 1 pair of mismatched, at least that we know of

Mark

1 hour ago, richieb said:

I agree and thought best (yep, I'm thinking again) to keep quiet but I'm feeling sorry for this guy. After the initial drama of having a dealer accept and deliver his order now he gets to read about what a shame his pride and joy are off one serial number. That's after someone pointed out a split in the veneer (camera flash) and the Klipshorn emblem falling off. Here's a guy that spent more for his New KHorns than most of us have ever spent on All the Klipsch speakers we own. Or even buy new for that matter. Are there other ways we can celebrate his once in lifetime purchase with more depressing comments? 

I think you are missing the point here (or maybe I am...).  Of course, this is not the most positive situation, and I think he understands that.  However, first of all, he has a pair of speakers in hand that he can listen to while this is sorted out.   Secondly, I think it's fairly well understood that these speakers, at this price point, are absolutely EXPECTED to be in a consecutively serial numbered matched pair.  If Aaron wants to accept them in their current state, that's certainly up to him, but I think that the dealer should in some way attempt to make this right, and I think the easiest and best way would be for Aaron to be given the dealer price on these, or, failing that, find him a consecutively numbered pair.  If Onecall wants to maintain any sense of dignity and reputation, then I think there's a pretty clear choice here.  JMHO of course...  I don't necessarily think that Klipsch has any fault here, but they can certainly put the pressure on.....

• Like 1

That emblem is way out of place. Were you able to put it back where it goes??? It probably held on with sticky tape and just let loose and slid down. Maybe when they slid the plastic bag over it.

If the wood grain looks good to you Aaron I would sit back and enjoy. You got 2 undamaged speakers .....Just Be Happy....lol.

Can you post pic of both fronts the way that grain is I think it matched pretty good no matter how you put it.

What you powering those babies with ??

• Like 2