Has anyone here ordered brand new heritage speakers from Klipsch, what has your experience been?

AaronB123

11 minutes ago, Tasdom said:

The tags say to match same numbers of HF top and LF bottom. Should only be 2 numbers x 2

Oh, I see that now.  It's written right on the tags how to match the s/n's. 

If Klipsch Inc is following this like Chad said, I wonder how they will react to the numbers not being consecutive?  It seems to me that is the way they were intended to be sold, and Aaron paid a premium for those consecutive numbers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AaronB123 said:

Ya, one thing I just noticed you guys aren't going to believe this honestly I don't really care because I don't ever plan on selling them but the serial numbers on the two I got are not book matched like they are supposed to be.

If it doesn't bother you, that's all that really matters. However, it will have an effect on their value in the eyes of most prospective buyers. It may not bother you today but if it ever does start to bother you, you will not have as much recourse as time goes by. For what these cost, you really should pursue getting this mix up fixed....my opinion of course. 

image1.JPG
image2.JPG
image3.JPG

They look great!

I would also find out about those serial numbers. If they send another, I'd definitely be keeping the ones you have until another arrives.

Not to be difficult, but is the logo on the one falling off? I only point this out because you've spent all this money and those speakers should be perfect for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe 43 did not look good next to 44 ??? So they put 45 next to 43. Or maybe it just doesn't matter.

I would listen to Cat Stevens, Carly Simon , Linda Ronstadt , I bought one of the new pressings of Tea for the Tillerman from ACOUSTIC sounds. It is awesome from those rebuilt presses. If you never seen you tube or read about his project of rebuilding them you should.

Then I would move on to EAGLES, SRV , JOHNNY TAYLOR ,  

Congrats on those babies...they look awesome....now you need to come to Hope and see them making them. So glad you finally got them.

• Like 1

• Administrators
14 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Totally disagree with this statement, especially at this price level....I think it's extremely important.

Yes... for the price you paid for the 70th Anniversary Editions, you DEFINITELY need to follow up with the dealer to find out why you didn't get consecutive S/N. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Tasdom said:

Serial 2.JPG

The tags say to match same numbers of HF top and LF bottom. Should only be 2 numbers x 2

Yes, this is what it is. The top's and the bottoms match I just checked. So I guess I have a mismtched pair but it's only by 1 number. It does say on the box the serial number and then to be matched with.. I don't think there is anything I could do about it right now since they seem to be sold out everywhere pretty much.The only place I have found a pair is Audiogon and I already spoke to that guy when i thought one of mine was gone. He said his are definitely matched. 

Well, Onecall is probably the one that had my matching one and they told me that mine was the last pair they had so someone else has a mismatched pair too. As I said I really don't think it's a big deal but it is unfortunate that such a high ticket item and it would go unnoticed. I think trying to get it straightened out though would be way more trouble than it was worth. 

Also about the Klipschorn sign, one of them is a little out of place but it is on there tightly. I made sure of that. 

Very very impressive....so glad this worked out

I also had a question on the badge looking like it was falling off.....and definitely question the consecutive serial numbers on a "Limited Edition"...there are only 140 of these speakers out there...they should be matched

23 minutes ago, AaronB123 said:

Also about the Klipschorn sign, one of them is a little out of place but it is on there tightly. I made sure of that. 

For that kind of money I would demand that everything was 1000% perfect and accept nothing less. I would bring this up with Klipsch and have them make it right. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lost240 said:

For that kind of money I would demand that everything was 1000% perfect and accept nothing less. I would bring this up with Klipsch and have them make it right. 

Idk this situation i think would be more Onecall's mess up than Klipsch. It looks like they did give onecall matching pairs as I have a pair that is pretty close and onecall did have numerous pairs to start with. I think Onecall confused it but perhaps they didn't know how important that was. In that case maybe Klipsch should have expressed the importance of the matching serials. 

I don't really know who's to blame but it's only one number off I'd rather have this than a pair come damaged. 

• Like 1

Just now, AaronB123 said:

Idk this situation i think would be more Onecall's mess up than Klipsch. It looks like they did give onecall matching pairs as I have a pair that is pretty close and onecall did have numerous pairs to start with. I think Onecall confused it but perhaps they didn't know how important that was. In that case maybe Klipsch should have expressed the importance of the matching serials. 

I don't really know who's to blame but it's only one number off I'd rather have this than a pair come damaged. 

I was referring to the logo on the grill, but the serial numbers are important for that price as well. That is part of what the higher price was, book matched veneers. 

I think you are letting Onecall off far too easily.  I would absolutely demand that you receive consecutive serial number speakers.  I would tell them that you want another pair, and that you will allow them to pick up the pair you currently have when the new pair is delivered, and is verified to be in perfect cosmetic and electronic condition.  Sure, you may think now that you will keep them for the rest of your life, but then, that's what I thought about my first wife.....

• Like 5

The serial number situation may dink the resale value to a collector way on down the road.  It's kind of like Smith and Wesson 686 .357 magnums from back in the 80's... typically no collector wants to see a "-1" on the serial number, the price can go way down if so.  That's why the pricey ones always are not only in perfect condition, but they say "no dash" in the ads.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AaronB123 said:

Yes, the one that has 45 has it on the top and bottom and the one that has 43 has it on the top and bottom. 

They're like socks.  They should be matched and if they aren't someone else has a mismatched set as well.  I guarantee they'd want theirs matched as much if not more than you.  I'll bet out friend @Chad or @Chief bonehead could have someone in shipping and receiving check and see where these (along with the ones on either side) were shipped to.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

check and see where these (along with the ones on either side) were shipped to.

I imagine only OneCall knows this, they probably received multiple pairs then grabbed the wrong two, like if you had serial numbers 1-4, they put them in a pile then grabbed 1 and 3, then 2 and 4.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

They're like socks.  They should be matched and if they aren't someone else has a mismatched set as well.  I guarantee they'd want theirs matched as much if not more than you. 

I'll bet out friend @Chad or @Chief bonehead could have someone in shipping and receiving check and see where these (along with the ones on either side) were shipped to.

Chad said in a previous post that Aaron should check with the dealer regarding the mis-matched s/n's.  As much as I'd like to see Klipsch, Inc jump in and fix this, Chad is right.  Klipsch Inc's deal was with the dealer, and Aaron's deal is with the dealer, not Klipsch Inc.  Aaron and Klipsch inc do not have a direct contractual agreement on the sale.

It is up to Aaron to determine for himself if he wants to move forward and hold the dealer to the exact provisions of the contract.