Has anyone here ordered brand new heritage speakers from Klipsch, what has your experience been?

AaronB123

40 minutes ago, richieb said:

^^^^^

Great words to live by Shu but how this thread has progressed that is doubtful. Now that each and every flaw in Aaron's $12k pair of Heritage has been brought to his attention how could he be happy and not worry? 

Go to the Pilgrimage in April and meet the people that made his speakers.. makes a world of difference, to both parties.

9 minutes ago, AaronB123 said:

Just so you know I didn't pay a penny more than what the original K horns cost and who know's could have even been significantly less...

Even standard Klipschorns are book matched nicely, Klipsch has their name on these and they should care. It makes them look bad.

Advertising products to potential new customers that see their loudspeakers and drool over not just the sound but the looks is what makes new sales possible.

14 minutes ago, AaronB123 said:

Just so you know I didn't pay a penny more than what the original K horns cost and who know's could have even been significantly less...

Right, but there's only 70 pairs of these. And they're meant to be sold at a premium.. it shouldn't be that hard to keep them paired up. Just because you got a good deal doesn't mean you should have to deal with incomplete product experience.

44 minutes ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

I'm betting one of the mating speakers was lost/damaged in shipping and thus began the exercise of splitting mated pairs. Probably also why you got such a good deal on this pair.

Something funny actually when I was talking to the dealer that the original K horns fell through he told me Klipsch had a mismatched pair they were selling at a great discount. I told him I'd take em but he said he contacted them and they had already given them to a dealer.. Who' know's maybe that explains it. I don't think onecall knew though because I remember when I was speaking with the guy about them when I originally purchased he said they were book matched and all that. 

The whole problem with this is, there are so many potential problems that could arise like the actual person that loaded them on to the truck more than likely had no idea they were supposed to be matched and just grabbed two somewhere down the line although on the box it does say the serial number and to be matched with ... but unfortunately not many people pay attention to stuff like that. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Klipschorn-Original-Speaker-SALES-SHEET-GOOD-CONDITION-/201717381598?hash=item2ef74af9de%3Ag%3ASpsAAOSwn7JYEVKr&nma=true&si=e%2BXsrX%2B6Gjm3A8PyOIJ7fUHlNIs%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

the Klipschorn ad says

each pair is precisely matched for color and grain structure, one tiny flaw in one speaker and the pair is destroyed

later on in years when they had problems with the veneer they painted them black

so i guess today when they have a mismatched pair they sell them at a discount or B-Stock