Has anyone here ordered brand new heritage speakers from Klipsch, what has your experience been?

AaronB123

I'm in the minority here but unless full MSRP was paid to get these I would have a cold one, listen to some music and be happy to have two beautiful Khorns. Especially so if their appearance looks matched with respect to the wood grain and color on these speakers. They should certainly sound the same whether their S/N's are consecutive or not. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, AaronB123 said:

They are exactly 1 inch thick. Ya, one thing I just noticed you guys aren't going to believe this honestly I don't really care because I don't ever plan on selling them but the serial numbers on the two I got are not book matched like they are supposed to be. 

Serial 1.JPG

Serial 2.JPG

Does each speaker above say it's matched with itself in the above images (i.e. 45 with 45 and 43 with 43)?

5 hours ago, Budman said:

a simple wood crate that has all 4 boxes in it would solve this problem.

klipsch's fault from the start

I don't blame Klipsch for this and honestly I'm not really too concerned about it but honestly they should somehow be kept together as a pair. I was thinking that too, that would have also eliminated the problem of my two getting separated in the first place. Being someone that has a father that was a truck driver though I know having a double pallet is pretty much impossible because it wouldn't fit on any forklift and would make loading onto a truck a lot harder. 

10 hours ago, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

The serial number situation may dink the resale value to a collector way on down the road.

RESALE?! I got news for you all; Aaron is either going to bequeath them to a family member or make room for them in his casket...

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, rebuy said:

Does One Call have the right speaker still in it's inventory?

Nope they told me they are all sold out of 70th anniversary editions. When I thought I lost one in the shipment fiasco I asked if they would be able to send me another if it never turned up they said no they would just give me a refund because the pair they sold me is the last pair they had. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wolfbane said:

Does each speaker above say it's matched with itself in the above images (i.e. 45 with 45 and 43 with 43)?

It's saying the top (tweeter and mid portion) should have the same serial number as the bass bin which they do. I'm not sure if everyone is aware but that part actually comes separately and you don't even screw it on or anything, it just sits on top. 

2 hours ago, Wolfbane said:

I'm in the minority here but unless full MSRP was paid to get these I would have a cold one, listen to some music and be happy to have two beautiful Khorns. Especially so if their appearance looks matched with respect to the wood grain and color on these speakers. They should certainly sound the same whether their S/N's are consecutive or not. 

This is my feeling 100% Not to mention they may be off but they are only off by one number. After everything I went through getting these in the house and all that and the fact that I got them in without getting a scratch on them I'm not risking moving them and damaging them especially since we don't even know where the matching one is at this point. like others have mentioned probably sitting in someones house. 

• Like 4

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Lost240 said:

Klipsch has to make it right because the logo is in the wrong place. One Call has to make it right by giving the OP a steep refund if they can't get him the sequential speaker. 

What's a steep refund?   

Were they discounted because they were non~sequential?  Anyone else on here buy a set of these?  Where they sequential?   Maybe they are book matched and the labels for the next in order got jammed and so they used the next numbered set.  Maybe he just needs a new set of lables?

• Moderators
52 minutes ago, AaronB123 said:

This is my feeling 100% Not to mention they may be off but they are only off by one number. After everything I went through getting these in the house and all that and the fact that I got them in without getting a scratch on them I'm not risking moving them and damaging them especially since we don't even know where the matching one is at this point. like others have mentioned probably sitting in someones house. 

Pretty level-headed reasoning.

You have the only pair in existence, as far as you know, that are not sequenced.  You will never sell these anyway, you will give them to your kids when the 75th comes out and there friend will set cold drinks on top of them and they will have water rings.  They will blast them when you are not around and you will be getting calls from your neighbors . 

Twenty years or 30 years from now they will belong to your grandkids and they will have some nicks, and a Ding or two, and they will still sound awesome.  You will have 100th ed, only 100 pairs made, and you will insist they be non~sequential . 

You will have started a trend.  

Merry Christmas early, what a great present.

• Like 2

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Grizzog said:

Synergy are not book matched and therefore do not need consecutive numbers. This goes for anything with vinyl veneer and I do believe anything outside of Heritage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is true, Palladium are not even book matched.  But, sequential numbers don't mean they are book matched either.

Couldn't book matching refer to the top hat and bass bin in this case or is it for all four pieces? It would be nice to see both speakers in one picture for comparison. Either way, congrats on finally getting the pair together, I'm sure they sound great!

Congratulations on your purchase of the 70th anniversary KHorns and the safe, although what seemed to be a very stressful, delivery of the speakers. :emotion-21:

In thinking about the "book matching" discussion in this thread, maybe someone has found a picture they can post of the 70th anniversary KHorns where the front panel of each KHorn speaker is a true "book match" (e.g., where every other panel of veneer is turned over like the pages of a book where the grain is mirrored in each adjacent panel) and a picture of a pair of 70th anniversary KHorn speakers that are also a true "book match" and look like a mirror image of each other. 

I've included an overview of different styles of veneer matching and a few example 70th anniversary KHorn photos below; and the veneer appears to be "slip matched" (e.g., sequencing of matching/consecutive veneer panels placed one after the next) on the single speakers and on the pairs of speakers. 

Toward the end of my pictures I have also included a picture of a pair of KHorns with a true "book match" of veneer on the front panel of the individual KHorn speaker and a true "book match" of the front panels of the pair of KHorn speakers.

In looking very closely at the grain patterns and knot patterns in the pictures of the 70th anniversary KHorns that I've found online, it appears that from the pictures of the 70th anniversary KHorn speakers, the 70th anniversary KHorns appear to be "slip matched" on the front panel of the individual speaker and "slip matched" between the pairs of 70th anniversary KHorn speakers when shown in pairs; rather than a true "book match"  of the veneer. 

Overall, it would seem that a true slip match of the veneer, instead of a true book match, would probably make the lack of consecutive serial numbers much less important in relation to the appearance of the 70th anniversary KHorns when placed in the corners of a room (or even place next to each other and touching) since they would only be one panel slice of veneer off.

Here is a simple drawing of how the book match, slip match and random match tend to look.

large.585c1256d16c8_bookmatchslipmatchrandommatchveneer700.jpg

Book match

large.585c125c42298_bookmatchedveneer(formwood)untitled700.jpg

Slip match

large.585c12668a6d8_slipmatchedveneer(formwood)untitled600.jpg

Picture of a pair of 70th anniversary KHorn speakers where the front panels do not look like a mirror match; however, do appear to look like a sequential match.

large.70th-Klipsch-Klipschorn-Anniversary-Edition-la-paire-_P_900.jpg

The Klipsch website photo of a pair of 70th anniversary KHorn speakers where the front panels do not look like a mirror match; however, do appear to look like a sequential match.

large.585c1246562e8_70th-Anniversary-KHorn-Pair900.jpg

A more direct look at the front panel of a single 70th anniversary KHorn speaker where the front panel does not look like a mirror match; however, it does appear to look like a sequential match.

large.585c124122d08_70th-Anniversary-KHorn-Front800.jpg

Here is another more direct look at the front panel of a single 70th anniversary KHorn speaker where the front panel does not look like a mirror match; however, it does appear to look like a sequential match.  The grain is close; however, the shape and placement of the knots really give it away.

large.585c1253866c8_70th-Klipschorn-Heresy-Limited-Edition-900.jpg

Here is a great example of the front panels of KHorn speakers where each front panel is individually book matched and the front panels of both KHorn speakers are book matched to each other. Note how if each KHorn was facing each other, the front panel would seem like it was placed in front of a mirror.

large.585c125aa5f78_bookmatchedfrontpanelandbookmatchedeachspeaker700.jpg

This is just a random picture of how creative people can be when it comes to book matching wood or veneer.

large.woody.jpg

• Like 3