What I Got Today!

Brac

Two Heresy III's and a second R-115SW to go along with the one I got last week. Show and tell is always fun!

Your post #1584

How do you wire two Heresy's as a (presumably) center speaker channel?

And, with a center divided by two speakers, how does that sound having them spaced apart?  I would think there would be a problem with comb filtering.

+++

And I agree with Dtel, that is a nice clean look to the front end of the room, just the way I like it.   :emotion-21:

Edited by wvu80

How do you wire two Heresy's as a (presumably) center speaker channel?

And, with a center divided by two speakers, how does that sound having them spaced apart? I would think there would be a problem with comb filtering.

+++

And I agree with Dtel, that is a nice clean look to the front end of the room, just the way I like it. :emotion-21:

Thanks! They are only about as far apart as my RC-64II was wide so I haven't had any audible problems with comb filtering that I can hear. I'm running them in parallel pulling a 4ohm load. My room just doesn't look right blocking my equipment with a single Heresy, and I couldn't justify not buying and using a pair instead of a single. And I have good enough ears that I initially knew there was a problem right out of the box and found this (see pics). Fixed it in about five minutes. I checked both speakers and only found one driver backwards. My speakers were built during week 52 of 2014. I guess Barbara Miller was off enjoying the holidays! LOL!!!! She has tested almost everything I ever purchased from Klipsch.

Proof that this stuff is handcrafted and that occasionally there is an oops! Proud of my handbuilt stuff and would have it no other way!!!

post-56362-0-72150000-1421778440_thumb.j

post-56362-0-06430000-1421778529_thumb.j

Edited by Trentster5172

I got notified by UPS that they were not taking responsibility for leaving a box containing cables and interconnects at the end of our 1/4 mile long driveway rather than delivering it to the house. it was taken.

In exchange, UPS will be getting a small claims court subpoena.

hmmm...

This doesn't contribute a whole lot.  What do you mean by 'hmmm...' ?

Who wants to know?

I'm generally not inclined to answering to those that question me indiscreately

Discretely?  Since a public comment was posted, a public reply is appropriate, as nothing of a of a personal nature was asked, and no personal attack was made.  There was only a request for clarification, which was declined.

If it were me I would feel complimented that anybody even bothered to respond to a comment like "hmmm."  I suspect most posters here would simply ignore it as useless or meaningless since it adds nothing relevant to the conversation.

I'm guessing Mr. River Nuggets will do the same, the next time a single monosyllabic non-word is offered.

+++

Disclaimer:  This is not an attack Mr. Schu, as I actually like you.  Please take my comments as intended, a non-judgmental  observation.

• Like 3

A hp envy 15t i7/16gb/1tb 1080p laptop custom build... what a piece of shyte this thing is. Going to send it back to hp.

That make two lap tops purchased, and two laptops returned in a month and a ualf or so.

just get a macbook pro and be done with it.

yeah... I considered that for sure. I started out on macs in late 80's or so. switched to windows in the mid 90's and have never looked back. I would dread having four different OS's in my home though... I should be able to find a good Windows based unit that doesn't cost $2,000+.

I am looking at the surface pro 3 512gb

For Audio, it is damn tough to beat a Toshiba Laptop. For every day use, my wife uses the crap out of her Asus. Real workhorse. Damn good battery life too!!!

• Like 1

I wanted to see what the Klipschorns will sound like since that's how they will be. They were like this...

When you get your KHorns you can put the bass cabinet in the corner, build new motorboards for the tophat and angle them to the listening position.

hmmm...

This doesn't contribute a whole lot.  What do you mean by 'hmmm...' ?

Who wants to know?

I'm generally not inclined to answering to those that question me indiscreately

I'm just curious what you are musing.  I did not mean for my question to be taken negatively.  Do you not particularly like Infinity QB speakers?  Or does 'hmmm...' mean you are now considering that model?  Or this could be nothing close to what your are/were thinking.  That's why I asked.  Based on other posts of yours, I do value your opinion.

• Like 2

Ok, maybe I should put a remark or two here.

1. I am new to the forum. But I know that some people at forums in general can respond with dislike when mentioning any other brand. In this case any speaker that is not Klipsch. Reading through the forum posts for some time, I did get impression that is not the case here and that members are pretty decent folks willing to help. That is why I decided to register here.
  2. On some forums there are usually some general/introductory rules to follow (which may include the issues as above), but I did not find any on this forum. So I do not know if I broke any rules if I did not read them.  I rely on my common sense and just try to follow the spirit here.
  3. At the time when I read the Schu response I was not at the computer. Otherwise I would ask Schu for a clarification via Personal Message. The only thing I had was a small smartphone which is very cumbersome to manage, so I put a simple post.
  4. I was excited with new speakers I got. That is the first new thing in years that refreshes my stereo system, and I thought I might put opinion about them from my perspective. Of course that I will still be looking for my Heresies in the future. It is just that until now I haven’t got a chance even to listen to them. I only read about them.
  5. I also think that it is not a good idea to be very serious all of the time. I do that at work, and forum is for fun, especially this “What I got today” thread.
  6. Stay well…
  • Like 7

• CECAA850 changed the title to What I Got Today!