What I Got Today!

Brac

I couldn't relax at 12- 17 mph, I would be paranoid, it would be like driving a sports car in and out of trees  :o  :blush2:

That's exactly how it is!  And it's fun as hell!  Especially half lit on some bourbon!   :)  I love mowing now. you can actually feel G's going around turns.  I can even fish tail it like a four wheeler in gravel.  

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters

• Moderators

Great now I feel silly, I have no idea how many trees on this property but it's probably less than even 64. But I do have to go around 15 ponds and hitting one of them is as bad or worse that a tree.

USNRET, on 30 Jan 2015 - 7:45 PM, said: One acre, 100 trees

That's a lot, it's a wonder the mower fits at all ! :o

That's some good looking mowers, if I didn't have a tractor that would be the way to go. Before the tractor years ago I would just wear out regular riding mowers, back then these newer mowers were on used for commercial use and cost more than today and there were only a couple of brands.

Edited by dtel
  • Like 1

Great now I feel silly, I have no idea how many trees on this property but it's probably less than even 64. But I do have to go around 15 ponds and hitting one of them is as bad or worse that a tree.

One acre, 100 trees

That's a lot, it's a wonder the mower fits at all ! :o

15 ponds!!! That sounds nice!

• Moderators
Amen to that. There sure are many days I wish I was out of the office and riding my old Ford 4000 or my mower. The smell of cut grass, tunes, fresh air...some days the little things seem to be what makes the world go round.

It really does feel that way.

quote name='MetropolisLakeOutfitters' timestamp='1422662650' post='1833435'] That's exactly how it is! And it's fun as hell! Especially half lit on some bourbon! I love mowing now. you can actually feel G's going around turns. I can even fish tail it like a four wheeler in gravel.

It is fun, buzzing around the yard dodging things, my brakes and 4WD saved me a few times, I did snap off a 20' cypress tree once hitting it with the bucket, ( that's an eye opener) its a quick disconnect bucket so now I remove it, ( takes about 10 seconds) which gives me an extra 2 feet or so clearance on turns.  But I do have about 5 less Blueberry bushes now they were cut to the ground accidently. :(

15 ponds!!! That sounds nice!

It's 11 ponds about 20x40 rectangles for growing water lily's, the one in the middle of the yard is about 1.5 acres, and three along the back. Not counting a little garden pond by the bar. We dug every one of them over the years. 

I'd like to clear the air and just let you guys know how much I hate you. A LOT.

Aww, we hate you too.  :wub:

I thought I had made a good, well researched decision, but now it looks like I have to go back and keep reading. :P

except for the gas can. make sure you follow the link and see what it is, less fiddly than those crap plastic ones, of which I already have. received rave reviews from guys here (Including Boxx I believe?) last summer.

Believe it or not, I'm with you on the gas can.  You can't just buy an old-style jerry can anymore, you really don't have any choice.  :(

Edited by wvu80

Back where I started 35 years ago , Just picked up a pair of birch heresys . craigs list - the crazy thing is that I whent there to buy the guys test records he had listed . he had the heresys stacked by his record collection . I asked and he said sure i`ll sell them .  I need help .................  :D

There sure are many days I wish I was out of the office and riding my old Ford 4000

I've got a Ford 4630 but I don't know much about tractors, still trying to figure them out like 4 years later.  Bush hogging is kinda fun but wish I had a bigger one to get it done quicker.  I probably need to get a tiller this year.  

I have a 3910 Ford Tractor. 

The slightly updated version of that, the 3930, is pretty much the exact same thing I have.  With the 4630 they figured out how to let the same engine run at a higher rpm and they squeezed out 10 more horsepower.  Otherwise its about the same thing.  

• Like 1

Your **30 has an updated front end (read better), those "auto links" on the 3pt hitch as well I believe. These are really good/tough tractors. I've had mine for 25 years "gulp". It's a 1987 model that I bought used. I have also had a front end loader on mine for the last 20 years. I've just about got it broken in for sure.

• CECAA850 changed the title to What I Got Today!