What I Got Today!

Brac

My father in law has been rocking a Ford 650 until this year. Vertical shifter, won't start in the cold, overheats in the summer, but keeps on trucking. Getting to be too much of a hassle so he just pulled the trigger on a nice new Kabota. Removable front loader, bucket and pallet fork attachments, hydrostatic transmission, hydraulic this and that. I can't wait to brush hog my field this year :D :D

Easy enough to add an adapter plate to it. Mine didn't have one either. I added the block and now use a log splitter, backhoe, and front end loader all off that one port. These Fords have an open center type hydraulic system so you can operate about any open center attachment with one.

This may or may not be the exact one you would need but this is what they look like. Mounts right under the seat.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FORD-TRACTOR-HYDRAULIC-REMOTE-ADAPTER-600-601-800-801-861-900-901-2000-3000-4000-/131419556209?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e99374971

Edited by JL Sargent

Easy enough to add an adapter plate to it. Mine didn't have one either. I added the block and now use a log splitter, backhoe, and front end loader all off that one port. These Fords have an open center type hydraulic system so you can operate about any open center attachment with one.

This may or may not be the exact one you would need but this is what they look like. Mounts right under the seat.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FORD-TRACTOR-HYDRAULIC-REMOTE-ADAPTER-600-601-800-801-861-900-901-2000-3000-4000-/131419556209?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e99374971

The ones I have looked at before were closer to $1,000 like every bit of $850 or $900.  Not sure what the difference is.  

Sounds like you looked at some hydraulic spools for the tractor or similar. The correct plate is all you need to get going. I believe that part of your tractor is the same as mine.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-3600-4000-4600-4610-5600-5000-3910-4630-Tractor-Dual-Remote-Hydraulic-Valve-/141397265081?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20ebef0ab9

http://www.wengers.com/parts/Farm-Tractor-Parts/Ford/4630/4630/Hydraulic-Systems/TRACTORS-WITH-CAB/REMOTE-VALVE-SINGLE-SPOOL/01-950BB_D9NNB.htm

Yeah I don't know what the difference is between a spool vs. not a spool.  

Yeah I don't know what the difference is between a spool vs. not a spool.

If it didn't have a spool, I couldn't see how you would control  the hydraulic function.  Unless it was to run constantly you would need a spool.  In terms of a spool or spool valve, that is usually the type of valve it is.   They can be manually controlled with a lever or electronically with a coil that shifts the spool valve.

• Moderators
My father in law has been rocking a Ford 650 until this year. Vertical shifter, won't start in the cold, overheats in the summer, but keeps on trucking.

That's funny, both of you will like the new tractor.

Hello everyone.... My first post here, but I see many familiar faces (0:

Just opened this beast last night... The Korg Kronos X Since I play professionally, and my Korg Triton has been on the road some 11 years now, it was time for an update ... This one is the 73 note version with piano action keyboard.

The photo shows it only moments after being removed from the box... This workstation is recognized as the top model across all brands ! Price was so good, I could not ignore the deal a pro audio/music store in NYC was offering...

Hopefully it will be integrated into the keyboard rig by our season opening show in April ;0)

.......gwimage.jpg1_47.jpg

Edited by Tigerman
  • Like 6

Top Notch Gary!

My father-in-law recently gave us a klavinova he had in storage. He used to teach piano years ago and would like to start teaching our girls as they get older - No room for a piano in our house, but this fits in a small space and has a nice piano action keyboard on it so they can practice at home.

• Like 1

If it didn't have a spool, I couldn't see how you would control the hydraulic function.

His tractor has a open center hydraulic system so hyd pressure is always on the backhoe or log splitter, etc. This type hydraulic system allows for "daisy chaining" the implements as each valve has a POWER BEYOND port.  The control happens with each implement as needed.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone..... Yes, the Korg is one of the top Asian brands. I have had their synthesizers since 1976 !! I could not afford a Mini MOOG back in the day, but the Korg offered something similar for almost half the cost.... I have been pretty loyal to the brand ever since ;0) and that as you see continues today....

Michael, the Yamaha Clavinova has been around for years.... I tuned pianos for a Yamaha dealer and the were always a great digital piano with some extra voices as well.... Good luck with it and keep me posted on the lessons progress....

.......Gary

These arrived in the mail yesterday. Sometimes it's about the details.

post-40059-0-14920000-1423341128_thumb.j

At the recommendation of this article: http://www.padrick.net/Hi-Fi/Hi-FiTips.htm

...and after reading many other positive reviews, I placed an order for a pile of these Deltron banana connectors. I got the nickel ones because I always use DeoxIT.

Eventually I'll hook them up with with some Harbour Industries Mil-spec wire and make some twisted pairs so Russ can get off my back about my current lamp-cord wiring situation.  ;) True to many other reviews, the solder pockets are huge and they fit insanely tight in every socket I've tried them in.

Also ordered a pair of Pomona phono/banana jacks. Expensive little suckers. In combination with a couple of Y-cables, I'll be able to either conveniently measure the power of a pre-amp output under load, or monitor the signal across a line-level input / output stage.

• Like 3

Building a new PC; UPS has arrived albeit late today

Gigabyte GA-G1 Sniper MB

Intel i7

16 GB Ram Corsair Vengeance

Thermaltake 850 watt PS

Phantex Luxe case

Plexor CD/DVD duplicator

Western Digital 1TB HDD

Samsung SSD 850 120GB

Serial Port expansion card for my Audyssey Pro set up

post-19886-0-05160000-1423712482_thumb.j

• Like 2

• CECAA850 changed the title to What I Got Today!