What I Got Today!

Brac

Just picked up this Pro-Ject 1Xpression Carbon Classic. I'm still very green and don't have much to go on but compared to the Audio Technica that I had previously this thing is amazing.

01a6b20f7ad53d13fdcf7d6375bbf4f174cbed58

• Like 2

I just got Haiku installed on an older desktop. Haiku is an OS being built from the ground up to be a fast, end user pc. No, it isn't built on a Linux distro. It's still an alpha version, but it's working. The icons and windows are made to be like the BeOS.

Bruce

I actually have that Psychedelic 8-ball one on the north of that pic.  One of the first I ever got too.  I went through a whole pog collecting phase...then it was marbles... 

I have almost all the Simpson characters on Pogs...a couple few short of that whole particular set.

Installed some Klipsch AW-650's today, running from a second zone on a SR-7009.  Happy with the sound of the speakers, but it made me realize there's a little bit of limitations with the receiver when messing with different zones.  Some of it is kind of goofy.  For some reason I thought I could get an external amp for the normal 7 channel mains, also run 4 Atmos heights from the receiver, and also have two more zones for porch and living room background music.  Based on the zone setup I'm not so sure now.  

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters
  • Like 1

Well, went ahead and did it.  Sold my Pioneer Elite SC-35 yesterday, and have ordered a Yamaha RX-A2030 for the great room.  And sold my Yamaha RX-Z9 yesterday, too, and bought a Yamaha RX-V575 for here in my 2.0/3.0 home office.  The Z9 was waaaay overkill in my office, and after having 2 receivers throw craps on me recently, I started to become leery of my 4.5 year old and ~11 year old receivers.

Also sold a variety of my speakers (including some Synergy F-2s & S-1 surrounds, RS-3 surrounds, KLF-C7 center, KG 4.2s, and a couple of subs) which I had been accumulating for who knows what purpose. 

Has been a busy couple of weeks . . . .

Arrival of the new Yamahas scheduled for this Saturday!

• Like 1

We would draw a circle in the dirt and a starting line and put equal amounts of marbles in the ring. I remember if we knocked a shooter out of the ring we'd get to keep it. Remember using "handstands" to shoot from far away to get the extra height and distance.

Yes, what fun that was!  Low tech fun.

Just picked up this Pro-Ject 1Xpression Carbon Classic. I'm still very green and don't have much to go on but compared to the Audio Technica that I had previously this thing is amazing.

01a6b20f7ad53d13fdcf7d6375bbf4f174cbed58

I've been contemplating getting one of these also. Where'd you get it if you don't mind me asking. I think Needledoctor has something like this.

I've been contemplating getting one of these also. Where'd you get it if you don't mind me asking. I think Needledoctor has something like this.

I purchased it locally. Originally, I was going to go with the Debut Carbon Esprit because it has the built in speed control on the plinth. I don't like the idea of having to take the platter off to move the belt from pulley to pulley to adjust speeds. I had saved up for the Esprit but the household appropriations committee was kind enough to grant me funding for it. So I pooled the money together and upgraded the turntable and also ordered the Pro-Ject Speed Box S.

Not the best picture but heres a picture of my Totaldac d1 Dual , once I get the server here I will take some better pictures

" Dont worry I just set the DAC on the NBS for a picture it does not stay ontop covering the vents "

post-49590-0-14260000-1426513993_thumb.p

post-49590-0-23780000-1426514226_thumb.j

Edited by A1UC

specifications/mechanicals look VERY similar to the Wyred dac2 dsdse except for the headphone capabilities. The Vishay resistors alone are pretty expensive, I'd be willing to bet they sound the same to.

Vishay.jpg

Edited by Schu

Not the best picture but heres a picture of my Totaldac d1 Dual , once I get the server here I will take some better pictures

Congratulations. I've read where some have a tube output stage, in addition to reading about the discrete parts where there are 100 nude 0.01% Vishay PG foil resistors per channel replace the usual integrated chips for D/A conversion and eliminate the need for I/V conversion.

TotalDac closeup2.png

post-36163-0-09540000-1426522076_thumb.p

Edited by Fjd

specifications/mechanicals look VERY similar to the Wyred dac2 dsdse except for the headphone capabilities. The Vishay resistors alone are pretty expensive, I'd be willing to bet they sound the same to.

Vishay.jpg

I would bet they don't sound the same , There is a 10,000 difference in price alone . The Auralic Vega gets better reviews than the Wyred Dac and the Vega cant even come close to the Totaldac . Read the reviews from 6 moons  he compared it to all different DACS and the Total Dac came out way on top .Wyred was not in the testing . Not trying to sound like a a$$ but not even close 

Edited by A1UC
  • Like 1

Those rubber feet can wreak havoc on a finish  :o.

I had some leave a mark that soaked all the way through the tung oil finish on a solid maple chest.  I was not very happy about that since I had applied somewhere around half a dozen coats a year earlier.

• CECAA850 changed the title to What I Got Today!