What I Got Today!

Brac

On 12/4/2023 at 8:55 PM, richieb said:

Really not keen on posting what comes through the door but owning numerous Klipsch speakers from RB75’s to Jubilee’s and several in between I think I can speak with experience when I hear something special. Just received a pair of Canadian made Coherent Audio GR 12 Signatures. Point source, or co-axial design using the high performance Radian 12 inch driver, inset with a 1.75 in. beryllium dome compression driver with high Q crossover components. Currently playing with Quicksilver Horn Monos I can honestly say these are goosebumpers, something I haven’t felt with few, if any other speaker. The texture, clarity, soundstage, overall “completeness” is astounding. An exciting addition to say the least -

image.jpg

Congrats on the great new speakers.

Frank's speakers have caught my ears several times at many Toronto audio shows, and usually one of the best sounding rooms at these shows!

They play music with such ease.

Have you tried them with your First Watt amp yet?

👍

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That's not an average roadster there! Nice!

Big purchase a couple weeks ago.

Now getting some stuff replaced that wasn't left here. Also replacing two thirty year old appliances.

Had the appt set for tomorrow...  surprises are good and not so much sometimes. I'll hook up the three good machines in the morning. Tired and my fingers feel shredded from the caulking. They're not tough like they were thirty years ago.

PXL-20240104-013256054.jpg

PXL-20240104-013314775.jpg

PXL-20240104-012100497.jpg

• Like 3

On 1/6/2024 at 6:16 PM, yamahaSHO said:

Got the last thing needed for the car. Now I wait for the next AutoX! I'm still surprised that I can put 275's on all 4 corners and not rub. 

PXL_20240106_163127968.thumb.jpg.b45b9fd754edfa520fdf0ef7498c7855.jpg

Nothing like a new set of taaaarrreess.

JJK

• Like 1

1 hour ago, richieb said:

Yeah? Have you bought new, quality tires lately? It’s not pleasant. I’d much rather buy another amplifier.

I just bought some new tires for my 1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee. It uses 15" rims. They said it would take some time to find some new tires.

JJK

2 hours ago, NADman said:

Costco hearing test today. Sad.

costco.jpg

I use a test CD at normal volumes and my range is from 19hz to 10khz and there is nothing over 10khz. Right ear slightly better than the left ear. The Crites tweeters go to 21khz but my ears sure don't.

JJK

On 1/9/2024 at 1:26 PM, richieb said:

Yeah? Have you bought new, quality tires lately? It’s not pleasant. I’d much rather buy another amplifier.

I got a buddy who gives me really deep discounts, but yeah, they get expensive.  This used to be 255/40/17 Hoosier R7 money for me, now it's sticky street tires in a bigger size.  I think I still had over $1,400 in these with my discount.  I have a couple sets of track tires to buy for my other car soon.  Gotta pay to play, I suppose.