What I Got Today!

Brac

I snagged these beauties tonight! image.jpg1_7.jpgimage.jpg2_1.jpg

XF-48 x2, XL-2's with matching stands x2, XL-23, UUB-12HG and NAD T-757 3D receiver

I have been wanting to try out these XF-48's for quite some time. They are much larger and beautiful that I was expecting! The build quality on these babies is remarkably, I especially like the aluminum cabinets. I won't have a chance to listen to them tonight but I am sure they will impress me more than the DT Supertowers I owned did.

Supper pumped!

You won't be disappointed. I love mine. Never understood why these were short lived and never a hit. I assume because they are active as opposed to passive and the high retail price tag.

I think they are the most elegant looking speaker Klipsch has made, after the palladium of course.

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts once youve had some time with them!

Enjoy!

post-51058-0-29460000-1453523143_thumb.j

• Like 2

You won't be disappointed. I love mine. Never understood why these were short lived and never a hit. I assume because they are active as opposed to passive and the high retail price tag.

I think they are the most elegant looking speaker Klipsch has made, after the palladium of course.

That pic of your front visual stage is impressive as well, Johnny.  I like the clean looking front end without a lot of clutter. 

My visual preference is for the attention to be drawn from outside-in to the TV, then the speakers should blend into the background.  But when the system is turned off, it speaks volumes.

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 1

I snagged these beauties tonight!

image.jpg1_7.jpg

image.jpg2_1.jpg

XF-48 x2, XL-2's with matching stands x2, XL-23, UUB-12HG and NAD T-757 3D receiver

I have been wanting to try out these XF-48's for quite some time. They are much larger and beautiful that I was expecting! The build quality on these babies is remarkably, I especially like the aluminum cabinets. I won't have a chance to listen to them tonight but I am sure they will impress me more than the DT Supertowers I owned did.

Supper pumped!

Very very nice.

As far as bells and whistles the NAD may fall short but I can just about guarantee you will love the sound that comes from your 757.

Bill

• Like 1

Any of you knowledgeable fellas know what these are?

image.jpg2_2.jpg

I bought them as a part of a package and I am not quite sure what they are.. This is the first set of Klipsch speakers that I couldn't locate a name or model number.

They are larger than they look, about 13" tall with the bases and the driver is just under 5". I am planning on selling them but I am not sure what they are. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

12418011_10153515815564401_2033934399984

what do you plan on doing with those?
They're my new lcr's. Pairing them with dayton amt pros. Will be similar to this.

http://www.vaporsound.com/speakers/arcus/

If that doesn't work I'll fall back and use the Beyma. If that doesn't work, they'll be subs for my jeep.

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters

Going off the Klipsch website, they look like they are RSX-5's. Thanks guys!

What does it read on back at terminals?

Bill

Sorry just looked at back of mine, not indication.

I measured my RSX-4 and it is 8.25" x 5.5" speaker only with grill on.

Bill

An Outlaw 990 Pre/Pro for free, courtesy of a local member from another forum... Thanks Pete!

I'll give it a listen this weekend.....

IMG_2011_zpswzx3p79a.jpg

Nice! 

Is there some sort of converter so you could use HDMI with that beast?  I see the DVI connections on the right for your high quality video, so would you have to use the audio component cables for your sound?

Nice! Is there some sort of converter so you could use HDMI with that beast? I see the DVI connections on the right for your high quality video, so would you have to use the audio component cables for your sound?

Thanks, yes there are DVI to HDMI adapters available. I'm going to grab a couple from Monoprice. I'll probably move this to the master bedroom after I play around with it on my main gear.

Funny only a couple of commands are recognized on the Outlaw remote but I added it to the Harmony Ultimate remote and no issues...weird.

I snagged these beauties tonight! image.jpg1_7.jpgimage.jpg2_1.jpg

Supper pumped!

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts once youve had some time with them!

Enjoy!

I have been thoroughly enjoying these wonderful speakers the past 2 days! I have owned the DT STS Supertowers, Martin Logan Purity towers and about 12 different towers the past couple years. My initial impressions are that these are right up there with my beloved RF-63's, the 63's might go louder but these really shine at moderate volume levels. My room is small so I won't be able to crank them up past -20 or so. My new SVS SB-2000 really helps anchor the low end.

Jonny, if you don't mind me asking, what do you have your towers crossed over at with the dual subs? Also, are you running speaker wires or RCA cables to the speakers?

I am also very impressed with this NAD receiver. I am a Pioneer Elite guy at heart but this T-757 has really impressed me. It might be lacking some features but I am very impressed with the sound.

It was a great day when I picked up this gear and I will be enjoying everything for many years to come!

• Like 1

• CECAA850 changed the title to What I Got Today!