What I Got Today!

Brac

Never purchased a Smith and wesson product... but I bought a Performance Center M&P "ported" .40 this morning.

Hoping it delivers

Many years ago I was a firearms dealer and even did some of my own "smithing" work.

There was another very well seasoned local "smith" that did my trigger jobs and he would tell me that up until the early 70's S&W had a lot of the old Dutchman and Pennsylvania Dutchman working in there factories (I know...so, what). What he was referring to was that the assembly of the revolvers USED to be a person with a box of the same parts to be fitted into the frame would grab one and if it didn't fit, would file or mill or, etc. the part to where it would fit THAT gun/frame. But after that time S&W had a bunch of people that would just grab that same part and if it didn't fit, toss it into another box for later and grab another part out of the first box to see if IT fit. That's why he would curse working on the older revolvers because they would need so much more work.

Pretty much explained why I never liked the latter S&W revolvers' trigger feel or (lack of) cylinder lock up.

Edited by Mighty Favog

I agree... this is the first sw I have owned, for pretty much the same reason... but this is a hand finished performance center model. I am contemplating getting another performance center gun... a 9mm revolver.

Edited by Schu

I agree... this is the first sw I have owned, for pretty much the same reason... but this is a hand finished performance center model. I am contemplating getting another performance center gun... a 9mm revolver.

I remember when I first laid my eyes on a S&W 9mm revolver (a Model 547 IIRC). I thought it was such a cool idea, then I was trying to figure out how the rounds would stay in the chamber: held in between the breech plate and where the cylinder was under bored near its front? Or if I had to stock up on moon-clips. Either way it wasn't striking my fancy at the time. I'm sure they've got it figured out now.

In place of the 547, I just bought a Dan Wesson 15-2VH Pistol Pak. A few months ago I was at the range and looking at some of the used handguns they had on consignment. Sure enough, a DW 15-2VH8 (no Pistol Pak or other bbls.) for more than 3X what I paid for mine. :D

Edited by Mighty Favog

Got these back on my desk at work after 6 months of trying the Gallery G-12s and then a brief stint with Quintet IIIs. They just couldn't compete with the SQ or looks of the XL-12s. I just can't get away from the Icon X line. More than excited to re-deploy these to my office desk duties. 

post-51058-0-30580000-1454598882_thumb.j

• Like 1

I think that is about the price point I am looking for... somewhere in the 900-1500 range

Just wait for him to sell that one, you know hes going to :P

He can hear you, ya know.  :biggrin:

Im waiting for him to respond with, "guys I am right here you know, I can read everything your posting about me"!  Im sure he gets that we are teasing him. :ph34r:

26c6271e05c107adf0736cbcc25addd8.jpg

I like this DAC so much I bought another one for another system in the house. Been rolling tubes in it and upgraded the already upgraded opamps that came with it.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

No new gear as of the last few weeks. Although I did get a PS3 almost a month ago.

There's a PS4 somewhere in my future, albeit I'm not sure when. We're about to the point where I can start updating things in the office system, so we'll see how things go when that happens. I foresee a new DAC and amplifier.

• CECAA850 changed the title to What I Got Today!