What I Got Today!

Brac

No offense to the Pioneer lovers but the NAD is probably has a higher quality amp system. I preferred the Technics lines over Pioneer back in the day and I am still not much of a fan with their modern equipment. Glad you are enjoying the system!

Tim

My initial impressions are that these are right up there with my beloved RF-63's, the 63's might go louder but these really shine at moderate volume levels.

Then they must really sound good.

I am also very impressed with this NAD receiver. I am a Pioneer Elite guy at heart but this T-757 has really impressed me. It might be lacking some features but I am very impressed with the sound.

Told you. ;)  :D 

Bill 

I snagged these beauties tonight! image.jpg1_7.jpgimage.jpg2_1.jpg

XF-48 x2, XL-2's with matching stands x2, XL-23, UUB-12HG and NAD T-757 3D receiver

I have been wanting to try out these XF-48's for quite some time. They are much larger and beautiful that I was expecting! The build quality on these babies is remarkably, I especially like the aluminum cabinets. I won't have a chance to listen to them tonight but I am sure they will impress me more than the DT Supertowers I owned did.

Supper pumped!

You won't be disappointed. I love mine. Never understood why these were short lived and never a hit. I assume because they are active as opposed to passive and the high retail price tag.

I think they are the most elegant looking speaker Klipsch has made, after the palladium of course.

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts once youve had some time with them!

Enjoy!

I have been thoroughly enjoying these wonderful speakers the past 2 days! I have owned the DT STS Supertowers, Martin Logan Purity towers and about 12 different towers the past couple years. My initial impressions are that these are right up there with my beloved RF-63's, the 63's might go louder but these really shine at moderate volume levels. My room is small so I won't be able to crank them up past -20 or so. My new SVS SB-2000 really helps anchor the low end.

Jonny, if you don't mind me asking, what do you have your towers crossed over at with the dual subs? Also, are you running speaker wires or RCA cables to the speakers?

I am also very impressed with this NAD receiver. I am a Pioneer Elite guy at heart but this T-757 has really impressed me. It might be lacking some features but I am very impressed with the sound.

It was a great day when I picked up this gear and I will be enjoying everything for many years to come!

When I run Auto Setup on my Harman it sets the towers to Full Range. However I pull it back to the THX recommended 80hZ crossover and let my subs do the heavy lifting. I do think these XF-48s are pretty adequate down to the 40hZ range.

While I prefer the sound of my Harman over the Onkyo I replaced it with, I believe the Audyssey setup was a little more accurate on the Onkyo.

In my current 5.2 setup I use speaker wire. I read in multiple articles to use wire since you are for the center and surrounds, as it will sound a little different. However I used the XF-48s in a stereo setup before I moved for an entire year and used the line level inputs. Both sounded good and without conducting an actual A/B comparison I can not tell a difference. 

Edited by johnnydrama

Never purchased a Smith and wesson product... but I bought a Performance Center M&P "ported" .40 this morning.

Hoping it delivers

Ported-Performance-Center-MP.jpg

A guy I shoot with is on the Nashville swat team, watched him spank everybody with a stock non-ported non-optic version of this, including one guy with a $4,000+ Infinity and multiple STI's. It's the trigger puller, not the gun.

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters
  • Like 2

A guy I shoot with is on the Nashville swat team, watched him spank everybody with a stock non-ported non-optic version of this, including one guy with a $4,000+ Infinity and multiple STI's. It's the trigger puller, not the gun.

for sure...

Never purchased a Smith and wesson product... but I bought a Performance Center M&P "ported" .40 this morning. Hoping it delivers

Nice looking piece.  :)

I have always been a fan of the 9mm, but of course the .40's are all the rage right now, police departments, etc.  The exception is the FBI has gone back to 9mm.

I tried to get the 9mm version where I bought this but the shop said they were sold out for the time being. My preference would have been for a 9mm because of the polymer and lower barrel pressures and I am contemplating on getting a S&W 986 9mm revolver and I wanted to share ammo... but now I will probably end up getting a Sig Equinox in .40 for a CCW sidearm.

I tried to get the 9mm version where I bought this but the shop said they were sold out for the time being. My preference would have been for a 9mm because of the polymer and lower barrel pressures

and I am contemplating on getting a S&W 986 9mm revolver and I wanted to share ammo... but now I will probably end up getting a Sig Equinox in .40 for a CCW sidearm.

I was looking at the Smith and Wesson M&P (Military and Police) in both 9mm and .40.  My understanding is the M&P .40 is not a fun gun to shoot because of the barrel pressures, just as you said.  The 9mm version seems to be highly loved by people doing reviews on Youtube.

My son (a cop) bought the M&P .40 because it is the same caliber as his duty weapon and the department will buy his ammo for him.  If he had gone 9mm he would have had to purchase his own ammo.

I prefer a smaller "footprint" and I'm not so sure a .380 wouldn't be a better fit for me as a CCW.

Edited by wvu80

Never purchased a Smith and wesson product... but I bought a Performance Center M&P "ported" .40 this morning. Hoping it delivers

I have always been a fan of the 9mm, but of course the .40's are all the rage right now, police departments, etc.  The exception is the FBI has gone back to 9mm.

Much cheaper to shoot 9mm - unless you're re-loading !

Edited by Arrow#422

The FBI "will" be returning to the 9mm at a cost to taxpayers roughly 80 million$$. This, after determining years ago the 9 wasn't enough fire power in favor of the .40.

The Secret Service carries Sig P229 in .357Sig.

Son is a LEO and carries Glock .40.

• Like 1

Yeah everybody's kind of falling out of love with them, mainly because you can get hot 9mm that has better ballistics than normal .40 if you really need it for defense purposes. It's just wasted money, slower follow-up shots, less capacity, and its harder on the gun. .40 does reload better and easier though supposedly, all my reloading buddies like it much better for some reason.

Yeah everybody's kind of falling out of love with them, mainly because you can get hot 9mm that has better ballistics than normal .40 if you really need it for defense purposes. It's just wasted money, slower follow-up shots, less capacity, and its harder on the gun. .40 does reload better and easier though supposedly, all my reloading buddies like it much better for some reason.

When I owned my Beretta 92F(Italian made) 9mm in the early and mid 90's, the .40 S&W was coming into it's own.  I really wanted another 92F in SS but chambered in .40 but the price was crazy high and so was the ammo.  I opted to just keep my Beretta and buy reloaded +P hollow points for considerably lower $$$ and still get similar firepower.

I really miss that pistol because of all the rounds I put through it, many hot, it never jammed or misfired.

Bill

Edited by willland
  • Like 1

The .40 has a great reputation for stopping power, but it's a nasty hand slapper...especially in a small cwp format pistol. I'd rather be a great shot with a .380 than a poor shot with a .40.

• Like 1

Many of the local "badges" here prefer to carry .45's for their service weapon.

That decision may be quite different for a concealed carrying "citizen" wanting less weight or more rounds available.

But, after 3 pulls it probably doesn't matter how many you have left because you've either hit, been hit, or missed so badly that your intended target is out of effective range.  

I'm getting hosed by Verizon!!

My Samsung Galaxy S4 decided not to turn on anymore (no physical damage at all) so I went back to Best Buy to get a new phone. This necessitated my wife to get a new phone too (was an S5) because they would not do the same pricing structure (now "leasing" as opposed to the 2-yr agreement).  So, of course, the S4 are long gone so I got an S6. BB was nice enough to allow us to get S6's early.

So the kid at BB gives us each a mailer bag to send back each of our old phones even though mine was not working (remember, that's the whole reason why I started all this garbage). My wife gets an e-mail from Verizon saying that because my phone was not working the are assessing an extra fee on our bill (at this time the amount is unknown).

So I called Verizon pleading my case and the very nice guy I talked to there is telling me it'll probably be about $200, but he's checking into it and giving it a case number.

The same day I get my first call back from my Verizon cust. service rep., we get my old non-working phone back in the mail....MINUS THE BATTERY, BACK COVER AND SIM CARD.

At first I thought the post office stripped the battery from it because lithium isn't supposed to be sent on unpressurized airplanes. But who knows.

Still waiting to hear back from my rep again.....

• CECAA850 changed the title to What I Got Today!