The Klipsch Audio Community
Brac

What I Got Today!

1 hour ago, Ceptorman said:

I don't think that's a DeWalt saw is it?

Looks impressive, and expensive.

It is an up cut circular saw with a 30" blade! It has locking mechanisms to hold the product in place (and square) and can automatically miter itself. Even pushes the product to the right length (+/- a 32nd). Tech comes in a week to get it up and running. Some of my guys want to do it but it's in the price and probably worth the wait.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, SWL said:

Shoulda got the big one....emoji41.png

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

I'm between 6'0" - 6'2" depending on which 7-11 I'm walking out of (thanks Ron White), and that saw makes me look short!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7e1b4680e5d3a99f4127f87269594418.png

Getting built now , doing a custom one with 4 lights

1d0c93da2dfadc3b7e7265603dd9161a.png

• Like 1

Me again.........................just loving this thing!  IMG_6637.jpg

IMG_6639.jpg

26 minutes ago, Tigerman said:

Me again.........................just loving this thing!  

I get my internet TV through my Sony BD player, no smart TV.

Excuse my ignorance, I really have a hard time understanding this kind of tech.  Can you explain why is the Firestick so great? 

Does it do more than a smart TV does?  Are all the apps like Netflix and Hulu active, or is that an additional monthly subscription?  I didn't see Youtube on the box with the other apps.

• Like 1

Access content... usually proprietary.

Whoever has the biggest library usually wins.

These units can be jail broken so you can access internet based repositories, but for me it's a struggle to keep up with the ever changing landscape of free repositories. I tried with a nVidia shield, the best system there is, but my preference is for an ease of use and vast library as part of a monthly fee. nVidia doesn't have a subscription library so it wasn't my cup of tea. Apple tv, Amazon Fire are the best two besides Sony.

Hey Dave!, good to see you :emotion-21:

Ok, the Firestick  has over 7000 Apps, and is voice controlled for starters...   

I bought it mainly to watch my annual subscription to the Digital Concert Hall from Berlin which features LIVE concerts from the Berlin Philharmonie concert hall...    I have enjoyed this for a few years using my Sony BluRay player.... But, it is glitchy..   I heard about the FireStick and read some reviews on THAT particular app from end users and they said it was FREE from glitches and with excellent HD video and audio..

I had to try it, and as of this past Sunday, I watched my FIRST 'live from Berlin' concert and the HD was even CLEARER then my Sony AND there were NO hangups over the 2.5 hour presentation...   The Netflix app is wonderful, shows at a glance what your video and audio are running at and is easy to navigate.

The voice (Alexa) control works GREAT and will find pretty much any movie through Amazon instantly when 'asked'!   

Since the FireStick will do 4K video and my SMART TV will display it, I had to search Netflix titles to see which were presented in 4K...   Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon PART 2 is in 4K and it is the sharpest thing I have ever seen my TV produce !     

This little device has a QUAD CORE processor and 2 gig of storage.

I plugged it DIRECTLY into one of the HDMI ports on that back of the AVR...    TOTALLY happy with it so far...  

You can take it with you on the road, and in the hotel with wifi, you can plug it into the room TV and all your settings will be there as if you were at home !  It is small, you can put it in your shirt pocket...:)

Best I can explain so far..............others may have more to tell...

..........Gary

• Thanks 1

I had a jail broke stick and it was way to slow for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Confused 1

I have the Firetv which has more memory (microSD card slot) and faster processing. 

Load KODI on either and watch some youtube videos for addons and builds.... :ph34r:  Also links with my Amazon Echo and Harmony hub for voice home automation.

Picked up a monster today.  5 hours in the van and $450 later.  Man...that 10 looks tiny now...

The guy still has a Cherry 15 for $500 and another black one for $475.  He's moving Friday, so these are only around until then...

DSC01290.thumb.JPG.a62cfe745dfee07e5ac44ba7d40aac6b.JPG

• Like 3

3 hours ago, morbella said:

A new laptop, hoping that this one will last for atleast 3years. 

What kind did you get? I used to buy a new one every 2-3 years, because they would all fail. Bought an Apple 5 years ago and still going strong.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

What kind did you get? I used to buy a new one every 2-3 years, because they would all fail. Bought an Apple 5 years ago and still going strong.

I bought an HP Pavilion Touchsmart Sleekbook. Have you tried to use one before?