Hurricane Harvey 2017

wvu80

Obviously we were all watching Corpus Christi for damage because Harv was headed directly at it, but did anybody see the flooding at Houston coming?  The amount of water there is just unbelievable.

The Houston PD looked super prepared.  They had Police watercraft with rubber pontoons and jet skis ready to go for water rescue.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Obviously we were all watching Corpus Christi for damage because Harv was headed directly at it, but did anybody see the flooding at Houston coming?

Yes, they had several days warning.  They actually prepared for even worse.  Allison is well remembered there.

NOAA still has Harvey to retreat towards the coast though not back over water, and then heading for Houston. No sign of that yet and he's more disorganized all the time. But it appears that Houston will get more than I'd hoped, but still less than the "worst case." Problem is that Clear Creek, which feeds into Clear Lake in Webster and League City is at 22.73 which is by far the highest level ever recorded and past the "major" flood line on the chart. I suppose we will see just how high it can go.

southplains_loop.gif

Welp. My friends Jaguar got flooded. We were high thigh deep water for 2 hours around 1am just looking for help until finally someone helped and pulled the car out but we had to leave it there. 

safe but at a friends house, and no way to get home with all exits off freeways flooded

• Sad 2

2 minutes ago, Tarheel said:
1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

Kickstand is giving too much credit.  More like a pencil nub.

You guys are spending a LOT of time thinking about my body part:wub: 

Time to change your Forum Name to what your wife affectionately calls you...@Pencil Nub.  :P

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wvu80 said:

Obviously we were all watching Corpus Christi for damage because Harv was headed directly at it, but did anybody see the flooding at Houston coming?  The amount of water there is just unbelievable.

The Houston PD looked super prepared.  They had Police watercraft with rubber pontoons and jet skis ready to go for water rescue.

Yes.  It was expected.

• Moderators
21 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

He is  high and dry where he is at.

That's the truth, when we visited him we went in the back way,  the road passed where you could see the valley, he must be almost 100' higher than a half mile away, it looked like it anyway.  

Looking grim. NOAA is still projecting that Harvey will move back towards the coast then to Houston bringing ANOTHER 25 inches or more of rain, with up to 40 inches in some places. It's easy to tell from the radar that Harvey is stationary at the moment as I've watched the outer band lines on local radar all day and the outer edge of it has remained almost precisely in the same place, about 90 miles south of Texarkana. For Houston, the worst may be yet to come.

hurricane-harvey-forecast-track-1-abc-jt-170826_4x3_992.jpg

hurricane-harvey-rain-still-to-come-3-abc-jt-170826_4x3_992.jpg