Hurricane Harvey 2017

wvu80

3 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

We are right under the red band marked in white.  The Gulf keeps feeding the band with new rain, and it's just sitting on us, rotating non-stop.  

Untitled.jpg

Yes that needs to move on somewhere. Thanks for the shot. Now that is some rain.

Gawd, this is just unbelievable. If we get five inches of rain Overnight Thats a lot of rain but what you guys are getting is beyond the beyond. The news shows Houston and there are No streets to be seen. It's like rivers feeding into lakes. It's easy to say sitting here nice and dry but I wish you'all the Best. 

• Like 2

No doubt, man!  I am a 49 year-old native who has lived here all but 5 years of my life.  I've never seen this much.  Allison will never be forgotten, as Mallette has said.  But I'm afraid it's, "Move over, Allison; here comes Harvey!"

My friends just 5 or so miles away are going to flood.  Their neighborhood adjoins the Barker Reservoir.  Dang!

• Sad 1

The images and news stories out of Houston are just incredible. So much water everywhere. I saw this earlier today and it made me feel so sad but looks like they were rescued. Looks like they are just going thru normal routines, especially the one still knitting. 

Prayers to all of them.....

https://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/08/27/the-story-behind-this-viral-photo-of-elderly-women-in-waist-deep-flood-water-is-insane/

DIPbU__UMAEs9zb.jpg

• Sad 1

Some of the photos are hard to imagine happening. There's another before and after photo of a 2 level highway above a water overflow aqueduct, the after photo shows water up to the 2nd level of the highway. The water must be 40' deep. Another showed a stop light under water. It's saddening. 

Hang in there. We in central TX now appear to be out of the woods.  Only about 1/4" since midnight.  

East TX, sad to say, Harvey is supposed to keep it up for a while since it is only moving a 3mph.  :huh:

I hope who ever needed to get out, did.  

I wish you all well.

• Like 2

I can't remember the last time it rained so hard all night.  It actually woke me up a couple times as we were in a band for most of the night.  Looks like it's heading our way also.  If we can just get a few hours of break in-between bands the drainage systems in place can do their jobs.  I'm actually at work this morning but it'll be slow all day I'm afraid.  All our parts and new inventory comes through Houston.  The trip in wasn't horrible.  The 4 lane I travel to work on has a 75mph speed limit.  I was doing 45-50 and only got passed once.

• Like 1