Heresy IV

McBlueMeter

• 2 weeks later...

Getting it to market so late in the year likely will crimp holiday sales. I fear the price will lead to them eventually being sold out of the backs of trucks or warehouse doors as seconds or blems, the way the H3 glut was managed. I guess it's nice to refresh but selling at 3K i think bumps up against the limit of what consumers beyond the faithful will pay. Some say you will still need a sub to get the full range. Not sure what is gained is worth the outlay.

1 minute ago, Randyh said:

the new HIV cab is higher , and that helps the new Type badge to not interfere with the tweeter if you notice the badge is placed - in the space above the tweeter  and not in the way of the tweeter as it is on some newer Heritage models --

Also, may understand that the added height allows more room for rear port placement!?!

• Like 1

On 12/16/2019 at 9:11 PM, Randyh said:

can someone please tell me how they do get the grill material so straight , neat , and pleated perfectly , I tried replacing  fabric on Heresy grilles  , it is not easy to do -

Start from the middle of the frame and work your way to the corners keeping the cloth straight as you go along.

• Like 1

On 12/17/2019 at 12:17 AM, Randyh said:

the rear port is an air extractor with a port flow design ,  it accelerates air flow out of the cab to balance the volume of the air in the cab -My guess is that an H III should benefit with  more bass with the addition of this new port --

I guess when somebody measures it, I would venture to guess the port is not an air extractor for relieving pressure inside the cabinet but tuned to a particular frequency to augment the bass response of the woofer.  Somebody with a frequency sweep and H IVs should be able to tell what that tuning is by when the woofer movement appears to stop (or shall say minimum motion).

• Like 1