The Klipsch Audio Community
habinger808

Best? Klipsch speaker setup for a Bar lounge

Interesting concept for a music bar!  Keep me in the loop as your plans take shape,

I built 36 nightclub systems 1977-80 in Minneapolis and the upper midwest as Dr. Disco & Associates

We flew ALTEC 421/802/32B sealed wedges over the dance floor, triamped w/EVM-18B's tuned to 23Hz - WOW!

Distributed 8" ceiling speakers in the bar, restaurant, restrooms 4-zoned to control levels.  Seamless integration.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HiFi Heaven said:

Interesting concept for a music bar!  Keep me in the loop as your plans take shape,

I built 36 nightclub systems 1977-80 in Minneapolis and the upper midwest as Dr. Disco & Associates

We flew ALTEC 421/802/32B sealed wedges over the dance floor, triamped w/EVB-18B's tuned to 23Hz - WOW!

Distributed 8" ceiling speakers in the bar, restaurant, restrooms 4-zoned to control levels.  Seamless integration.

My stepfather managed a hotel in the early 80's and Ray Kimber (yes, that Ray Kimber) did the audio install.  I was a kid in a candy store.  They had a Klipsch folded horn woofer in the corner of the dance floor and girls used to dance on them. 

19 hours ago, habinger808 said:

Let's assume that a Bar lounge was being built, what Klipsch speaker setup would be "ideal" for patrons to listen to a wide variety of music. mostly from a streamer and vinyl.

Assumption being the room itself has a relatively rectangular shape and about 40' x 60' dimensions.

You would want to give the artillery a shout.  @Trey Cannon

https://www.klipsch.com/blog/category/install-stories/p2

Reach out to prosystemdesigh@Klipsch.com and we can answer that question. Most the time we use the IC product. IC-650T and the KDA amps.

If this is a lounge/pub type place, several of the RP 600m wall mounted would be fine. I have seen the larger model indoor/outdoor models used in a couple pubs and stores in Edmonton. People want background music not their faces blasted off. 

6 hours ago, YK Thom said:

If this is a lounge/pub type place, several of the RP 600m wall mounted would be fine. I have seen the larger model indoor/outdoor models used in a couple pubs and stores in Edmonton. People want background music not their faces blasted off. 

Lots of people in lounges need their faces blasted off.

4 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Lots of people in lounges need their faces blasted off.

Perhaps, but we take our dollars elsewhere. There is a time and a place for a dance-hall and and a time and place for a public house. Occasionally the two meet, and that is at 8:pm on a Saturday night where upon a PA system is utilized.