Covid19 redux

Bosco-d-gama

19 hours ago, Marvel said:

CO2 is a by-product of industrial waste, fuel burning and other things. We could add in NO2, although those dropped a lot over China while they were locked down. Same with a lot of Europe. Probably here as well, but we are as bad as Europe and China have been.

I was going to add, India was 1/2 on what China was for the CO2 and we were 1/4 (approx.)

There are a lot of forms of pollution.

CO2 is not a problem but the other items mentioned in the world air quality map are. CO2 came about since the USA cleaned up so much that there had to be a new boogy man to holler about. When these enviro dudes demanded cleaner exhaust from cars CO2 was considered benign and far more desirable than all the pre catalytic goodies. I like how green houses flood their green houses with "toxic" CO2 so plants can grow better. I think more is great and if enough is out there maybe we can get away from petro chemical fertilizers more.

As an aside here since this is another global warming boogyman I think it is worth noting that since about 21,000 or so years ago we have been warming which predates SUV's and cow farts. Maybe even burrito farts.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wisconsin_glaciation

2 hours ago, Dave A said:

CO2 is not a problem but the other items mentioned in the world air quality map are. CO2 came about since the USA cleaned up so much that there had to be a new boogy man to holler about. When these enviro dudes demanded cleaner exhaust from cars CO2 was considered benign and far more desirable than all the pre catalytic goodies. I like how green houses flood their green houses with "toxic" CO2 so plants can grow better. I think more is great and if enough is out there maybe we can get away from petro chemical fertilizers more.

As an aside here since this is another global warming boogyman I think it is worth noting that since about 21,000 or so years ago we have been warming which predates SUV's and cow farts. Maybe even burrito farts.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wisconsin_glaciation

Stop getting your climate change information from oil and coal shills. 

https://youtu.be/FBF6F4Bi6Sg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dave A said:

Better that than boogerman.

I can remember being a little boy and at night telling my grandmother that I kept seeing someone's shadow by my bedroom door. She told me it was the devil coming to get me. 

"grandma, you know that I'm just seven years old, right?"  No wonder I'm so messed up now. 

• Like 1

Just now, BigStewMan said:

I can remember being a little boy and at night telling my grandmother that I kept seeing someone's shadow by my bedroom door. She told me it was the devil coming to get me. 

"grandma, you know that I'm just seven years old, right?"  No wonder I'm so messed up now. 

She forgot to tell you that he's coming to get you for something you did....

Just now, oldtimer said:

She forgot to tell you that he's coming to get you for something you did....

she had some weird ones ... if you whistle after dark, you're whistling for the devil. 

while exceptionally nice to me (I think she felt bad because my Mom was her youngest and when my folks both died, I think Grandma felt sorry for us) but to everyone else, she was mean. I went to visit her once and she is on her porch yelling at this biker that lived next door. They had a huge shared driveway. he was working on his chopper and she is telling him that if he got grease on the driveway she would grab him by his long hair and mop up the grease with his head. All he's saying is "yes, ma'am."  He was an alright guy -- we used to go bowling. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

she had some weird ones ... if you whistle after dark, you're whistling for the devil. 

while exceptionally nice to me (I think she felt bad because my Mom was her youngest and when my folks both died, I think Grandma felt sorry for us) but to everyone else, she was mean. I went to visit her once and she is on her porch yelling at this biker that lived next door. They had a huge shared driveway. he was working on his chopper and she is telling him that if he got grease on the driveway she would grab him by his long hair and mop up the grease with his head. All he's saying is "yes, ma'am."  He was an alright guy -- we used to go bowling. 

Well, from the outside looking in “yes, ma’am” was the appropriate response - 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

My older boy, who was fearless, came to our bedroom late one night to report a ‘creepy’ sound. It was very unlike him - he was scared. Went to his room and nothing, nada..... and he agreed there was no noise. Back to bed (3 a.m.). 15 minutes after I’m back asleep he’s back and very urgent. Back to his room.......  and he’s right...... there’s a weird intermittent swishing sound. After some sleuthing it turned out to be the flag outside his window blowing back against the window pane. We were both relieved. I was awake by then. Went to work early that day and had a grin on my face all day long.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

It could have been Scuzzlebutt and he made sure the flag was plausible deniability...

It was odd. We had always had flags outside his room. His room faced the street (2nd story). Well that week I’d put up a pirate flag 🏴‍☠️ as part of the younger sons birthday stuff. It was just a little larger than any flag we’d used before and with just the right wind it would barely scruff his window. Pretty funny after we figured it out.

• Like 2

• dtel locked this topic