Covid19 redux

Bosco-d-gama

1 hour ago, Dave A said:

This is not  a  scientific study it is anecdotal and are not bits of anecdotal evidence to be dismissed?

Let's assume the story is factual, and it appears to be that way. It isn't anecdotal if it is factual. There are no claims stating it is evidence of anything, so why dismiss it. This is what NEWS is.

1 hour ago, Dave A said:

This is not  a  scientific study it is anecdotal and are not bits of anecdotal evidence to be dismissed?

It’s considered a ‘case’ study and stands alone in its presentation, particularly because of the results.

3 hours ago, Dave A said:

Well you paint it as you see it. For me I see something hardly worse than a severe year of flu being used to usurp the constitution. I am a bit surprised at how cavalier people who are comfortable in retirement and secure income  are towards those who have to earn a living and also want that same comfort in the future which is being taken away from them. Everything has a cost and the cost to society for this has been WAY to high and it is not being treated as a disease but as a tool to enforce a wish list of big government takeovers of a society that can't, so far anyway, be manipulated into voluntarily giving up the constitution. There is another difference. Some fear just for themselves with no regard for others and want to make other people do things that make them feel safer. Some worry about the country and what is being done and do the costs benefit the nation as a whole or does the cost inflict harm more than good.

I don't think the hypocrisy of the lockdown crowd choosing to violate those lockdown rules because they want too while telling others they don't like or approve of for various reasons to stay shut down or in or face jail or fines is going un-noticed by many who are fed up with this double standard. It is for all or none if it is supposed to be for a defined area like a city or state..

The truth of the matter is only identified at risk groups should have ever been quarantined but even here the lockdown crowd has excelled at bad policy which proves they really never cared about the disease anyway. 72% of wuhan deaths in PA for instance are in nursing homes where they were forced to inoculate patients with wuhan because they had to take wuhan positive patients in. See also NY and NJ. This whole wuhan thing is mainly not about controlling a virulent disease. It is about controlling.

Yes this journalist would agree with you:

https://time.com/5820620/maria-ressa-coronavirus-democracy/

Your point about control is valid .  I posted  how the NJ governor is limiting the size of outdoor gatherings except if it’s for first amendment issues (ie protesting) in which case there is no limit at all.

Maynard

My wife reminded me that Murphy attended protests which directly violated his own executive order which limits the size of outdoor gatherings-

https://patch.com/new-jersey/westfield/nab-gov-murphy-not-distancing-westfield-protest-lawmaker

After protesting with thousands, he raised the limit to 100, and will soon increase it to 250.  Tell me that the virus has not become a totally political issue.

Maynard

1 hour ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

It’s considered a ‘case’ study and stands alone in its presentation, particularly because of the results.

Right and the doctors testifying about Hydroxy who collected data they personally observed were dismissed as anecdotal here. Can't have it both ways. They too have kept tabs on things and the discrediting of the flawed and biased Lancet report so many relied upon was "scientific" and to be relied upon as gospel. That's my whole point in all this namely deliberate obfuscation of pertinent details means it is not just or even mainly about keeping people safe from the scourge of wuhan red death it is about control of our lives and unless they can panic us we would never give up these rights up.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

gotta give you guys credit ... while much of the country (probably world) is suffering from Covid-fatigue (worn down from the non-stop chatter) this thread continues rolling on. 

Second wave here according to my pharmacist today. Bought some more zinc lozenges in stock. Stay safe.

• Like 1

On 6/10/2020 at 1:12 PM, billybob said:

At some point, the media or someone who is in the position

may well say the virus has started

the dreaded second wave, while the first wave can still be heard

in the distance, if it goes along with the agenda.

1 hour ago, Dave A said:

Right and the doctors testifying about Hydroxy who collected data they personally observed were dismissed as anecdotal here. Can't have it both ways. They too have kept tabs on things and the discrediting of the flawed and biased Lancet report so many relied upon was "scientific" and to be relied upon as gospel. That's my whole point in all this namely deliberate obfuscation of pertinent details means it is not just or even mainly about keeping people safe from the scourge of wuhan red death it is about control of our lives and unless they can panic us we would never give up these rights up.

I really do appreciate your skepticism....... but in this instance you have your facts wrong. In this instance ALL the data was personally collected by the people involved and it is ALL available for review. The Lancet study did not offer these circumstances and ‘balked’ when they were requested. This is a singular case whilst the Lancet paper purported to have a data base from 86,000 cases. Granted you cannot draw clear conclusions from either study but only one paper asked you to, the Lancet study. This is merely a detailed and accurate reporting of a well documented ‘exposure’ situation..... a case study. IF these events hold true across the board then it will be proven timely and significant. Further, the authors merit kudos for their quick and thorough assessment, collection and execution of this work. Consider the opposite. It may have verified our worst fears about covid19, that masks were ‘useless’ in containing its spread. But it did not. But - it is still possible that neither ‘hairdresser’ was infectious at the time of exposure.....  and THAT is important information as well. But the paper is accurate in its presentation and in scope of analysis.

People need to know valid research that’s applicable from facetious work undertaken for ‘whatever’ reasons that is useless. In this case you do not seem to know that difference. 

• dtel locked this topic