Covid19 redux

Bosco-d-gama

1 hour ago, NADman said:

Very few things (sports) are as stupid as golf.

was watching the olympics once and these people were dancing around swinging ribbons in the air. it was a competition. I was embarrassed for the world. 

Woman I work with  (works in hr dept) has tested positive for Covid-19 and is now home in quarantine.  Not sure of her symptoms. The company is testing everyone.

1 hour ago, BigStewMan said:

was watching the olympics once and these people were dancing around swinging ribbons in the air. it was a competition. I was embarrassed for the world. 

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

Not as bad as golf though.

Oh I don’t know ‘bout that. Breaking 75 had me dancing around swinging ribbons in the air - 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, RandyH said:

Amy Acton, Ohio's embattled health director, resigns amid COVID-19 crisis

Acton will continue to address the pandemic in a new role.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/amy-acton-ohios-embattled-health-director-resigns-amid/story?id=71202353

Same thing for the Health Director of Orange County, CA ... read that she ordered the wearing of masks and was getting death threats -- so she quit. 

6 hours ago, Dave A said:

Right and the doctors testifying about Hydroxy who collected data they personally observed were dismissed as anecdotal here. Can't have it both ways. They too have kept tabs on things and the discrediting of the flawed and biased Lancet report so many relied upon was "scientific" and to be relied upon as gospel. That's my whole point in all this namely deliberate obfuscation of pertinent details means it is not just or even mainly about keeping people safe from the scourge of wuhan red death it is about control of our lives and unless they can panic us we would never give up these rights up.

How was that scientific when it was an observational study.  Anyone thinking that and reading past the first little bit of it should have known better.  

You are right about control but you miss one key point, it is also about self promotion and power.

A lot of interesting stuff is coming out and I expect to see more though I think the problem is people will misdirect the information for political means (slight bending of the truth).  What more could we expect?  Nobody really cares about the truth anymore if it doesn't serve their purpose.

1 hour ago, richieb said:

Oh I don’t know ‘bout that. Breaking 75 had me dancing around swinging ribbons in the air - 

Wow broke 75! How did you do on the back nine, or did they throw you out for dancing with ribbons at the turn?

-or-

How did you do on the windmill hole? That one can be tricky!

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Marvel said:

Let's assume the story is factual, and it appears to be that way. It isn't anecdotal if it is factual. There are no claims stating it is evidence of anything, so why dismiss it. This is what NEWS is.

Oh I don't dismiss it I am poking at those who dismissed the Hydroxy stuff as being invalid because it was  reports from various practitioners who were seeing results but not a "scientific" study. I find people on the front lines who report things as a valid source. At this point in time I trust nothing anymore since I am not there to see it and verify it. WAY to much lying and manipulation and cost to society way out of line with the wuhan burden. I listen to sources of information and give more validity to them based on the past actions and accuracy of reporting that I have seen borne out over time with evidence and positive results. I no longer entertain the idea this is about disease but rather molding minds to help eliminate the Constitution and the USA as it has been known. Look around you at all that is going on and ask why now when things were going so well.

Years ago I read a book called The Greening by Larry Abrahams. In there he stated that there were people who wanted to rule over us all as in the whole world. It is not a new idea and the League of Nations was the first modern version of this attempt. The way to do it was to create an emergency that passed all borders and was international and presented as something only a super world wide authority could manage. The environment filled this requirement quite well except there were those like the USA which determined it was a fraud based on the idea that China and India, the largest sources of pollution by far, and many other smaller nations like Iran with perhaps the worst single source pollution burden in the world did not have to clean up. With modern communications being what it is and the world seeing who really does pollute the most the USA dropped out. 

This disease is a perfect thing to substitute for the environment and apparently has worked quite well. Just a few short years ago when it looked like the current adminstration was going to go along with all the environmental stuff the Swine flu was treated as nothing special.  I think there are people out there who lust for total control and play on a much bigger chess board than any one of us would aspire to even if we had the ability and connections to do so. Well most of us any way as there just might be some here that would love to tell people how high and how often to jump all determined by their own desires and disregarding others desires.

6 hours ago, oldtimer said:

I suggest a visit to a mass gathering in Tulsa on June 19th.

I would go in a heartbeat if it was closer and you did not have to camp out for a day or so just to get in. Nothing like it in my lifetime and it would be thrilling to attend. I bet people will be lined up and camping out and the numbers are going to be yuge.

• dtel locked this topic