Save the Lounge, Cuss at your TV

JohnJ

1 minute ago, dwilawyer said:

Why did they leave? (I know many, and why, but not everyone), was it the Forum, or politics,  personal attacks,.they discussed everything, new interests?

His join date shows less than 2 years ago.  Did you have an account here 10 years ago Bosco? Maybe you lurked as a guest for 8 or more years? (not being critical of you just wondering what your opinion is based upon). Otherwise Travis, you are asking the wrong person.

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

I was a moderator during the great shutdown of the No-BS section, as well as the purge of "He who shall not be named" ...by the time Corporate let us know they were "contemplating" shutting it down, they had already made up their minds.

Appologize for the clueless remark, forgot you were in the scourage. That's when I started. This is different situation than that. 

In this instance it was  talk, nothing was decided, bouncing ideas, brainstorming, perceived problems, possible solutions. 

5 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

Why did they leave?

There's a normal attrition an all forums.  I've come and gone in other forums.  Sometimes it's because I sold the item that got me involved in the forum.  Sometimes it's because I've garnered all the information I needed.  Sometimes it's because I've moved on to another hobby.

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, oldtimer said:

His join date shows less than 2 years ago.  Did you have an account here 10 years ago Bosco? Maybe you lurked as a guest for 8 or more years? (not being critical of you just wondering what your opinion is based upon). Otherwise Travis, you are asking the wrong person.

Consider it of everyone. I figure if anyone is in longer than a year they have a stake.

If we only listened to people on here longer than 10 years it would be boring.

7 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

Appologize for the clueless remark, forgot you were in the scourage. That's when I started. This is different situation than that. 

In this instance it was  talk, nothing was decided, bouncing ideas, brainstorming, perceived problems, possible solutions. 

I forgive you. Let this be a lesson to all across the land and a shining example of how we can grow as a forum of enlightened persons.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

This is a screenshot of what I see

Screenshot_20200721-090002_Chrome.jpg

Is that a chrome or chromium frown icon there?

I've used Dolphin for years because it plays videos. It is highly configurable unlike chrome for android is. This forum thinks I use an iphone because of that browser.

Hey what is it with lawyers not returning phone calls, no I don't mean within an 8 hour time frame but a three business day time frame!

I've gone back and filled our web forms with a brief description of what I need now. I've got until 8/1 to keep that new hvac interest free and not incur $1700 in unGodly interest!

Have to have legal stuff drawn up:huh2:

4 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

Consider it of everyone. I figure if anyone is in longer than a year they have a stake.

If we only listened to people on here longer than 10 years it would be boring.

Of course, and that is why I am considerately asking.  If someone has an opinion on what it was like here 10 or more years ago, what is their basis?  Nowhere do I suggest we only listen to those who have been here more than ten years, but only those that were here at that time have an idea of what it was like ten years ago.  Logically?

• Moderators
1 minute ago, oldtimer said:

Of course, and that is why I am considerately asking.  If someone has an opinion on what it was like here 10 or more years ago, what is their basis?  Nowhere do I suggest we only listen to those who have been here more than ten years, but only those that were here at that time have an idea of what it was like ten years ago.  Logically?

I understand what you are saying, I want to rephrase the question from 10 years to 1 year.

It could partly be that people bought and sold everything they were interested in. Garage Sale is used a lot.

Coulter, not to single him out in any way, was on a lot, took a break, many, many others. 

I mostly hung out in 2 channel 15.years ago.

My acquisitions are few and far between. I like reading a lot of the technical stuff, even though I am not ready to jump on some of it. Try to give cogent answers to help new folks who drop in.

Most of the Lounge doesn't interest me, and I try to stay apolitical on threads I'm interested in but seem to stray. If it's too weird I just stay off of a thread for a few days. Sometimes I come back and they are locked, right when I thought up a great answer. 🙄 I view the majority of the forums as non-political. Different political or religious views don't bother me much... I know what I believe and find it interesting to learn where others are coming from.

Some of us have been here a long time. I miss some who have left, others... not so much. Miss all the ones who have passed away. I think everything above the Lounge serves a great purpose. I would miss the photos thread, but that is probably something that could reclaim some drive space.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Forum ageist jerk.

2 hours ago, DizRotus said:

I don’t blame the powers that be from shutting this down.  If adults can’t control themselves, then they don’t deserve the privilege of this forum.  Ad hominem attacks, name calling, etc., are unnecessary.  It’s not necessary for me to know your politics to discuss speakers, music or Chuck’s @Tarheel latest automotive purchase.

I blame the ones who can't control themselves. The vacation notice can be all it takes for some people. The ban hammer for those who can't control themselves. Shutting one area down will not solve the problem, the problem only moves to the other areas. 

I can't believe that people here have so little or no self-control. I don't have time for this, I am going to go look for more speakers. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JJkizak said:

Our moderators should get a side job with Facebook and Twitter. They would clean it up in a couple days.

JJK

No disrespect intended I’m thinkin’ the Twitter crowd would chew up and spit out our Mod crew —