Covid Vax, who's got it? and Worried About Side Effects?

kevinmi

Zip Zap Zoom! I got my first dose of Pfizer Covid Vaccine at the Texas Motor Speedway this morning and MAN are those folks efficient! I was in and out in 20 minutes (which included 15 min to see if there was going to be a reaction) and didn't even leave my car. :) My wife went yesterday and so far only has a sore arm so I hope it ends up the same for me.

• Like 3

Where did everybody go???? Keep getting those Covid shots and report back! For the record, both my wife and I only had a sore arm the 2nd day as the only side effect. Actually, I was sort of thankful for that because I didn't feel the shot at all. lol. Next one is due in 3 to 4 weeks. 

• Like 1

Didn’t go anywhere, ease up Son😉. Second Moderna last Thursday. Achey? Thursday night, typical sore arm. Same aches Friday, very lethargic, chills. Changing license plates/tags did me in then nite nite, a 2-3 hour nap. Slept great Friday night, damn near back to normal on Saturday. 

I got my first dose in December and my second in January. No side effects but my wife said my nose was running a bit more after the first dose than it normally does. I didn't notice it though.

• Like 1

It's getting to the point here in MI where there are some places offering no appointment necessary on certain days for the vaccine. Hopefully there won't be too many nay-sayers, and we can achieve some kind of herd immunity this summer.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, kevinmi said:

It's getting to the point here in MI where there are some places offering no appointment necessary on certain days for the vaccine. Hopefully there won't be too many nay-sayers, and we can achieve some kind of herd immunity this summer.

I am totally with you and hope those "nay-sayers" talk to their doctor about getting the vaccine if they have any concerns. Like Bosco said, "you are part of the solution or you are the problem."

Covid-19 News: Live Updates on Vaccine Eligibility, Cases and Variants - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

Covid-19 Live Updates: Most States Say They Will Meet Or Beat Biden’s Vaccine Eligibility Goal

More than 40 states say they will meet or beat Biden’s May 1 deadline for vaccine eligibility for all adults.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Supposedly that within 30 days or so there will be more vaccines than people who want them.  Im seeing age requirements lifted here locally now.

How cool would it be for Texas if we could get most of our population vaccinated? Pretty damn. I was surprised so many of my clients have been vaccinated and think it's going to be a motivator for others when they are allowed to workout with each other and not have to wear a mask.

Well, just got my second shot and as I type this I'm back in the "hopefully he's not fallen and can't get up" room for my 15 minutes. 

I've been telling people I'm just here to pick up chics.

• Like 4

On 3/18/2021 at 6:22 AM, CECAA850 said:

It doesn't prevent you from getting covid.  Thats just more disinformation. 

Good News! It actually seems to not only prevent you from getting covid but also spreading it--That REALLY could be a gamechanger! CDC Real-World Study Confirms Protective Benefits of mRNA COVID-19 Vaccines | CDC Online Newsroom | CDC

From the link: 

A new CDC study provides strong evidence that mRNA COVID-19 vaccines are highly effective in preventing SARS-CoV-2 infections in real-world conditions among health care personnel, first responders, and other essential workers.  These groups are more likely than the general population to be exposed to the virus because of their occupations.

The study looked at the effectiveness of Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna mRNA vaccines in preventing SARS-CoV-2 infections among 3,950 study participants in six states over a 13-week period from December 14, 2020 to March 13, 2021.

Results showed that following the second dose of vaccine (the recommended number of doses), risk of infection was reduced by 90 percent two or more weeks after vaccination. Following a single dose of either vaccine, the participants’ risk of infection with SARS-CoV-2 was reduced by 80 percent two or more weeks after vaccination....

...This is important because preventing both asymptomatic and pre-symptomatic infections among health care workers and other essential workers through vaccination can help prevent the spread of SARS-CoV-2 to those they care for or serve. Findings from this study complement earlier reports that these two mRNA COVID-19 vaccines can reduce both asymptomatic and symptomatic SARS-CoV-2 infections.

• Like 1

You still get covid when exposed to it.   The vaccines help to lessen or negate the effects of the virus.

You go unmasked into a room where the air is filled with covid and do some deep breathing exercises.  You get covid.  If you're vaccinated theoretically your immune system is better able to respond.  It may help you from spreading it also but you still get the virus.

• Confused 1

On 3/18/2021 at 10:25 PM, Madman1 said:

This was a nation wide shut down that we all took part in to slow the spread, it didn’t happen. My point was we look to these experts as gods when sometimes they really don’t know. And that’s exactly what happened with shut downs and masks.

"we all took part" this is questionable sentence. As I see it some took part in it, some did not or pretend (mask on mouth only or hanging on neck) and we see the effects of that.

Any way going back to topic. For me it's better to have one or two days of vaccine side effects then to spend two weeks in hospital (if there will be place there) or even die.

• Thanks 3

14 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

You still get covid when exposed to it.   The vaccines help to lessen or negate the effects of the virus.

You go unmasked into a room where the air is filled with covid and do some deep breathing exercises.  You get covid.  If you're vaccinated theoretically your immune system is better able to respond.  It may help you from spreading it also but you still get the virus.

That's not what the CDC study reports. If you don't get infected you don't get Covid-19 and in turn you can't spread it.

15 hours ago, Zen Traveler said:

Good News! It actually seems to not only prevent you from getting covid but also spreading it--That REALLY could be a gamechanger! CDC Real-World Study Confirms Protective Benefits of mRNA COVID-19 Vaccines | CDC Online Newsroom | CDC

From the link: 

A new CDC study provides strong evidence that mRNA COVID-19 vaccines are highly effective in preventing SARS-CoV-2 infections in real-world conditions among health care personnel, first responders, and other essential workers....

...This is important because preventing both asymptomatic and pre-symptomatic infections among health care workers and other essential workers through vaccination can help prevent the spread of SARS-CoV-2 to those they care for or serve. Findings from this study complement earlier reports that these two mRNA COVID-19 vaccines can reduce both asymptomatic and symptomatic SARS-CoV-2 infections.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

The CDC has never been wrong either.  Lol.

There are no absolutes and as you said earlier in the discussion, there's alot we don't know. Otoh, there is alot we now know including  how to keep spread down and even developed a vaccine in record time that seems to work in controlled scientific tests (and is proving the same in the population).   THAT is something to be proud of, imo. The CDC is a scientific based organization and still have a great reputation worldwide and we are learning how they and others felt ever since the pandemic started--I'll leave it there but it appears you seem to be making arguments that we aren't heading in the right direction and we should all do what we want regardless of US Health policy and recommendations from the scientific community....Where is Bosco indeed! 

• Like 1

Got Covid last year (an early adopter) got the J&J shot last week. The side effects of the shot were a bit more onerous than when I got the flu shot, but were a whole lot milder than the infection.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Strong evidence.  Lol.  Sounds 100% certain to me.

Highly effective too.  Another absolute.

The CDC has never been wrong either.  Lol.

I understand your skepticism about an agency which lies constantly.  It is unfortunate that scientists who raise concerns about the mainstream view are immediately branded as “quacks” who are spreading misinformation.  Some interesting points were raised in this Israeli article from January.  Doctors and other medical personnel I know have raised similar concerns.

https://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/294852

Maynard

• Thanks 1