Covid Vax, who's got it? and Worried About Side Effects?

kevinmi

41 minutes ago, tube fanatic said:

I understand your skepticism about an agency which lies constantly.  It is unfortunate that scientists who raise concerns about the mainstream view are immediately branded as “quacks” who are spreading misinformation.  Some interesting points were raised in this Israeli article from January.  Doctors and other medical personnel I know have raised similar concerns.

https://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/294852

Maynard

Good article.  There have obviously been no long term studies on this type of treatment.  I still believe that there is more than they don't know than what they do know about how this will ultimately effect your body as a whole. 

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

I have a very dim view of "big pharma". 

....but, I have think. "When was the last time I heard of someone getting Smallpox or polio?"

sometimes you just have to trust someone you have no reason to.

Those were actually vaccines that work completely differently than what's being administered now.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

sometimes you just have to trust someone you have no reason to.

I cannot do that having seen too many instances of harm to people who did so.  You mentioned polio as an example.  There were issues with the early vaccines which were not initially known (or if known, not disclosed).  My issue with the current therapy is that it is now being made a condition for receiving an in-person education (Rutgers, for example), and attending public venues/dining out/air travel, etc. (vaccine “passports”).  This is where a very dangerous precedent is being set in my opinion.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/10472327/

Maynard

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, tube fanatic said:

I understand your skepticism about an agency which lies constantly.  It is unfortunate that scientists who raise concerns about the mainstream view are immediately branded as “quacks” who are spreading misinformation....

I'm not sure what you are talking about but during the last 13 months I had to give second opinions on Facebook with folks posting opinions from "experts" who indeed have been proven as "quacks," claiming the same thing. FWIW, I congratulate our upper tier scientific community and they do have globally respected leadership.

What has the CDC claimed that you consider a lie?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

Good article.  There have obviously been no long term studies on this type of treatment.  I still believe that there is more than they don't know than what they do know about how this will ultimately effect your body as a whole. 

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

Those were actually vaccines that work completely differently than what's being administered now.

I gather you don't believe the science on any of it and although pretty much every prominent person in the country (including ALL former POTUSAs and their wives) have gotten the vaccine and it's part of national strategy to get life back to normal you won't even consider it? 😕

I bet drinking alcohol on a regular basis does more harm than the vaccine ever could. That's my take.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Recently retired military here...  After a lifetime of getting forced to take shots, the military hasn't made this mandatory yet.  I think I'll wait.  I think this will get solved, but  I am not in a rush for being in on the first run(s) of these.  

In 10 years:  "Have you or a family member had a COVID shot between xxxx-xxxx?  You may be entitled to money".  

• Like 1

Pfizer announced 100% effective on ages 12-15 in a 2500 person test. Both of us have had two Moderna shots so theoretically we are 98% good to go and obviously aren’t anti vax. 
But with that in mind and for you Zen are you so confident with these new vaccines that you would offer your one year old grandchild for testing in the 0-3 year age group? I wouldn’t, even though I was stuck twice. Of course I’m old and ready for the scrap heap so you have that -  

9 minutes ago, yamahaSHO said:

Recently retired military here...  After a lifetime of getting forced to take shots, the military hasn't made this mandatory yet.

Thank you for serving and giving us this anecdote. If the government has confidence in the vaccines I can't imagine it won't be mandatory, especially for those traveling abroad. I also remember the Covid outbreaks on ships early in the pandemic and that can't be good.

1 minute ago, richieb said:

...But with that in mind and for you Zen are you so confident with these new vaccines that you would offer your one year old grandchild for testing in the 0-3 year age group? I wouldn’t, even though I was stuck twice. Of course I’m old and ready for the scrap heap so you have that -  

No I would not at this point.

7 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

Thank you for serving and giving us this anecdote. If the government has confidence in the vaccines I can't imagine it won't be mandatory, especially for those traveling abroad. I also remember the Covid outbreaks on ships early in the pandemic and that can't be good.

I am positive it will go mandatory... When they trust it won't potentially take a hit on manpower/forces, since they don't actually care about you as an individual.  If they're not there yet, I'm not there...

This is an interesting discussion and I appreciate the many points of view. Unfortunately, as others have indicated in a roundabout way, the virus and vaccines have been politicized to the point where an honest and open discussion is impossible --- either you are an anti-vax nutjob who believes in conspiracy theories, or you are "following the science". The truth may lie somewhere in between. For those that have "vaccine hesitancy", we can't discount the fact that many have very valid concerns. No medical professional can say what the long term effects may or may not be because no one really knows -- there's no long term data available. These are different vaccines taking two different approaches; on the one side the Pfizer/Moderna vaccines using 2 new technologies (1) the delivery of the mRNA, which has instructions for your body to create the spike protein, and (2) the delivery of the very sensitive mRNA (hence the low temperature storage) via coatings in lipid nanoparticles. And the J&J/AZ vaccines, which use the older, more proven delivery technology (a weakened Adenovirus) to deliver the instructions via double stranded DNA. So with one vaccine you have 2 new technologies that haven't been studied over a period of time, and the other one has one new technology with the same concern. Now, people can look at published data and determine whether or not any potential risks outweigh any potential rewards. For many, that analysis is a difficult one.

Another contributing factor to many is a history of drug manufacturers involving marketed products later pulled due to detrimental effects, failure to disclose potential risks, or even outright fraud and cover-ups. Also, the fact that under current law they have been granted immunity for any claims against them from the vaccine administration. In other words, if you suffer an ill effect, even if you can prove the direct link, or even fraud, you can't sue the manufacturer or the government that approved it. There is a history of large settlements - Pfizer (Bextra, Lyrica - 2.3B), Vioxx, Opiods, and many others. While the FDA issues safety recalls on drugs, cosmetics, food, beverages, and medical devices, according to their data, in 2020 alone there were 111 drugs that were recalled due to safety concerns (after having previously been approved for use).

Finally, it's worth considering or even asking what potential unintended consequences of mass vaccination may be. We are intervening in a complex evolutionary situation, effectively telling the virus that the arms race is on. It's quite possible that the current breakthrough vaccines are not detrimental long-term, easy to deploy, and effective. But what if they aren't? We've likely compromised well over 90% of our health care work force. What if mass vaccination has other detrimental effects such as pushing the virus to further replicate and develop vaccine resistance? The arms race then is pushed into an evolutionary phase where it's quite possible that negative effects start presenting in individuals with more innate immunity that have up to now been largely not affected greatly (e.g. kids, or those that don't have underlying conditions). The mass vaccination card may very well be the right card to play, but the problem with the politicization of this virus and the vaccines is that any honest discussion isn't occurring. Also worth noting is that Pfizer executives admitted in conference calls that they see further replication of the virus (which ultimately may result in additional vaccines to keep up with variants) is an "opportunity" for them to charge higher prices and increase profits.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

EXACTLY

May void your life insurance taking an experimental treatment.

Big Pharma have immunity from prosecution.

mRNA technology used for the first time that we know of.

Why do we not have homeless people stacked up like cord wood? The virus is not that lethal for those under 70 years with a well cared for immune system. If you eat poorly you are certainly at risk for all sorts of ailments.

My analogy.....do you answer a number you do not know on your cell phone? mRNA is sending a message from someone you do not know.

My mother in laws best friend was cancer free in 12-2020 and had been cancer free for 5 years. Got the two jabs in February. Died last week from cancer in her entire body. Coincidence? Maybe.

HCQ, Vitamin D, Zinc and Vitamin K2 will cure a healthy person.

• Haha 1

On 3/24/2021 at 3:15 AM, kellypea said:

I haven'd got it yet, but I will. I hope it will help end this nightmare... I just take a lot of vitamins and pray that I will be ok... I have ordered a new batch of pills from Canadian pharmacy for this Spring season. Can't wait to get the vax

The nightmare is due to Operation Mockingbird making you fearful your entire life.

On 3/18/2021 at 3:53 PM, Madman1 said:

Uh...cdc is the one that said it. I’m glad that you would want to wear a mask but I want to have the freedom to choose what’s best for me. We were told by the experts that we will shut down for 2 weeks to slow the spread, how did that work out? 

Correct

A great Operation Mockingbird project to make people afraid.

Fear is the mind killer.

On 3/18/2021 at 9:21 AM, Madman1 said:

So I’m sure we have all seen that the “experts” at the cdc have now said that masks reduced the infection rate by a whopping......2%. Wow that’s just incredible! So I guess all the mask propaganda was right, mask do save lives..🙄

I will not get into the microns of virus size.

The mask can increase bacteriological pneumonia.

Masks are historically worn by slaves.

A doctors analogy I heard three months ago. Wearing a mask to prevent a virus infection is like putting chicken wire over your bedroom window to prevent mosquitos.

Virologists wear rubber suits. Pathologists at the hospital my son works at never wear a mask.

• Haha 1

On 3/2/2021 at 7:03 AM, geezin' said:

Are you serious? I certainly hope not 'cause that a dismal point of view. Must be an awful way to see things. That's coming from a confirmed misanthrope.

Evil culls the herd at their discretion through wars and disease throughout history.

800,000 children go missing every year. Virus is more important than missing children?

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, billybob said:

How about you Zen again?

Still think the other Covid thread is a better place for these heavy discussions.

Not really. I had to google "Operation Mockingbird," and really don't think a conspiracy theory of the early 70s has anything to do with what's going on with Coronavirus especially given the information age we live in. In fact, I wonder if Social Media sites even allow links promoting it given there isn't any legitimate reporting on it.

• Like 1