Where are the "new" Jubilees?

PrestonTom

This is not meant to be controversial. It is simple curiosity on my part. 

In the beginning there were Jubilees sold as a three-way version to the professional community. 

Later there was a two-way version with a reconfiguration of drivers and DSP settings for the crossover could be obtained. With difficulty, sometimes veneer could be ordered for the front panel. In my mind these are the "Jubilees" (although some call them "underground Jubilees"). They made a splash with home users.  I owned some and they gave me years of pleasure. Apparently Klipsch has ceased production on both the 2-way and 3-way versions. 

Within the last year the Jubilee was substantially reconfigured, some cosmetics added, and the result is currently called "Heritage Jubilee". My understanding is that this Heritage version is in two forms. a limited production "anniversary edition"  with some extras (special veneer and goodies) and a "regular"  version without the extras and at a slight cost savings. 

I'm being long-winded since newer members may be unaware of the evolution. (I think I have recalled the history accurately).

So my questions: How many of the Anniversary versions have been sold? It looks like the regular version regular is in production and about how many of those have been sold?

I understand there is a reluctance at giving anything other than very rough numbers.

The reason I ask is IIRC, there is just a single regular participant on the forum who owns the new Heritage Jubilee  (a regular version, NOT anniversary). With other updates, there has always been a beehive of activity from the new owners talking about their updated versions, but I'm not seeing that.

-Tom

Edited by PrestonTom
poor cognition and memory by the author

The "regular" version of the Heritage Jubilee (with walnut or black ash finish) has been available since production started last year.  I've had my walnut pair for about a year.  I assume that I am the Forum member to which you are referring.  Mine are not Anniversary edition.

As far as sales figures, I couldn't say.  I've seen probably somewhere around ten other pairs posted to the various Klipsch Facebook groups.  Don't know how representative a sample that is of the total.

• Moderators
25 minutes ago, MMurg said:

As @Chief bonehead has said before, "smaller rooms need bigger horns."

That's true, I had no idea, from what I was told it is easier for a big horn to control the room. 

He has forgot more than I know about audio so I just go with what he says.  He's not the Chief bonehead for nothing.

• Like 1

• Moderators
3 hours ago, PrestonTom said:

This is not meant to be controversial. It is simple curiosity on my part. 

In the beginning there were Jubilees sold as a three-way version to the professional community.

The three way (the 535) was specified by one particular national movie chain who I understand bought a lot of  ‘em. Not sure what, if any others found their way into other professional uses.

Later there was a two-way version with a reconfiguration of drivers and DSP settings for the crossover could be obtained. With difficulty, sometimes veneer could be ordered for the front panel. In my mind these are the "Jubilees" (although some call them "underground Jubilees"). Roy has officially designated them the Underground Jubilees, to distinguish them from the current Jubilees.

They made a splash with home users.  I owned some and they gave me years of pleasure. Apparently Klipsch has ceased production on both the 2-way and 3-way versions. 

They were discontinued about two years ago, Cory bought the last remain 3 or 4 pairs left and those have all been sold. The movie chain had Roy come up with something else, or were not building theaters any longer that suited the design. The ones in the photos with PWK at CES are in the Miseum, the prototypes for the newer build of the Bass Bin, about ‘07 -‘08, were owned by Cory and he donated them to the Museum.

Within the last year the Jubilee was substantially reconfigured, some cosmetics added, and the result is currently called "Heritage Jubilee". It hard to tell from photos, etc. It’s essentially a whole new speaker. Same 402 with cosmetics, painted horn (process developed for that to work), and matching wood trim, driver with an extended phase plug (patent pending that gets around the beaming issue with CDs, it doesn’t start beaming until much higher.  The patented bass bin is completely different and goes down to 18hz.  It’s a vented horn, dual driver, with distortion significantly less then the the already low UG, which was significantly lower than the Khorn.

My understanding is that this Heritage version is in two forms. a limited production "anniversary edition"  with some extras (special veneer and goodies) and a "regular"  version without the extras and at a slight cost savings. 

There was a 75th Anniversary, limited to 75 pairs (teak with lambs wool) a special limited edition “1 of 1” which will be released in September, and the regular edition. I believe the 75th Anniversary is sold out, but don’t quote me on that. The 75th Anniversary was $40K, don’t quote me on that either, and the regular Heritage Jubilee is $38K. Cory would know much more about that then me.

I'm being long-winded since newer members may be unaware of the evolution. (I think I have recalled the history accurately). right down the center of the fairway, you were there when it was the Wild West.

So my questions: How many of the Anniversary versions have been sold? It looks like the regular version regular is in production and about how many of those have been sold? I don’t know for sure, and I don’t ask. As I said earlier, I believe the 75th is gone, but don’t quote me. I also believe there was a backlog on the regulars as of two months ago. What that translates into numbers sold, couldn’t tell you. 

I understand there is a reluctance at giving anything other than very rough numbers.

The reason I ask is IIRC, there is just a single regular participant on the forum who owns the new Heritage Jubilee  (a regular version, NOT anniversary). With other updates, there has always been a beehive of activity from the new owners talking about their updated versions, but I'm not seeing that.

-Tom I think that’s right Tom, Mike, who has responded. There have been a couple of others on the Forum who indicated they were taking a deep dive and were seriously considering a purchase.

BBut these go all over the country, and all over the world. A guy in Spain pre-ordered 6 for his 5.1 system (they are only available in matched pairs), so there may 1 cheap in Spain somewhere.

I can’t remember the official number of UG jubilees sold was, as tracked by Coyte/Richard, but there was a good number who bought them when they were not on the Forum. When Cory started selling them in addition to ACE, there were people who bought the UG from PHT who never stepped foot in here (or don’t post) and still haven’t. I don’t think there is any correlation between discussion/no discussion and sales and you can’t compare the Heritage Jubilee with the UJ. The Jubilee is sold through Heritage Dealer network, and the UJ was sold by a cinema equipment dealer until Cory came along in 2015, 2016?  This was pretty much the only place to know about them until Cory’s Facebook pages. 

As far as sales, I have heard from a couple of people that Jubilees sales are exceeding their forecasts, especially in light of their price point and economic downturn. 

As far as the history of it all, there is an excellent exchange between @mikebse2a3 the very first buyer of the UG and@Chief bonehead where they discuss the history and what led to Roy making them available. It was during a Bonehead Class on the Jubilee, at the Museum Visitor Center and it’s on the Museum YouTube Channel. I will put a link in below. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, Flevoman said:

😂😂... I'm already struggling with the acoustic and my new lascalas 

Where in the NL? Did I ask you that already?

You guys are intense about your audio, and even more stark raving madd about your Klipsch. 

My friend @Timmikid has proven that time and time again.

14 minutes ago, Travis In Austin said:

Where in the NL? Did I ask you that already?

You guys are intense about your audio, and even more stark raving madd about your Klipsch. 

My friend @Timmikid has proven that time and time again.

Ha ha.. I'm not the one who squeezed the Jubilee into the corners of my room.
So who's the intense one here 😉

I live in Almere, which is a city bordering Amsterdam.

But are we Dutch people intense about our audio?... Seriously, I have no idea if this is true.
Coincidentally, a few days ago i got in touch with another Dutch person through this forum , and I definitely see him as intense. He builds and modify his own La Scalas and Klipschorns and seem to have a tremendous amount of knowledge.

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Flevoman said:

Ha ha.. I'm not the one who squeezed the Jubilee into the corners of my room.
So who's the intense one here 😉

I live in Almere, which is a city bordering Amsterdam.

But are we Dutch people intense about our audio?... Seriously, I have no idea if this is true.
Coincidentally, a few days ago i got in touch with another Dutch person through this forum , and I definitely see him as intense. He builds and modify his own La Scalas and Klipschorns and seem to have a tremendous amount of knowledge.

Everyone I have every met.

• Like 1

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Travis In Austin said:

As far as the history of it all, there is an excellent exchange between @mikebse2a3 the very first buyer of the UG and@Chief bonehead where they discuss the history and what led to Roy making them available. It was during a Bonehead Class on the Jubilee, at the Museum Visitor Center and it’s on the Museum YouTube Channel. I will put a link in below. 

Some great history and some laughs

• Like 1

I am sure they will work in small rooms but I bet they sound better in large rooms. Most will need a dedicated listening room to truly enjoy those speakers IMHO. Our significant others also want the smallest speakers possible to fit in their decor is a major factor. That and most that can spend that kind of money will have a dedicated room for them anyway. Exceptions to every rule of course. Personally owning what I call large speakers for home use for over 30 years, LaScala's, I could well be happy with Heresy's and a sub now. But then I do not listen to loud music now as when younger. I would not call any Heritage speaker a cull. All are exceptional in their own right. All this being said if young again with funds to blow I would probably buy a pair. Big horns big sound at low volume. Many here understand that statement. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...