Man am I getting Old, The Latest Stones Tour is...

thebes

I've never had the mildest desire to go see them.....  yet, my (currently age 94) father has.

He was probably pushing 70+ when he saw them.  Still haven't figured that one out.  (he was never EVER into any type of contemporary (HAHAHAHAHAHA) music....  his big deal is going to watch in person, Ohio State Marching Band)

How we go from OSU marching band to the Stones, is beyond me.

(he did sneak in maybe 20 Neil Diamond concerts in along the way, many of which I attended with him in various states)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JJkizak said:

$275.00 CRUMMY SEATS, $750.00 NEXT CRUMMY SEATS.

JJK

Ha! I played a similar game for the "Steel Wheels" Tour....The prices weren't so high but I had to get a wrist band just to stand in line on a future date at 4 am to get tickets...Long story short, once getting there and climbing to the bleachers, which had a pole obstruction, my friend dubbed it the "Steal your Money Tour!" Lol. We eventually worked our way down to a slightly better vantage point, but...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Forget the prices. The pricing on big worldwide tours of major acts having long since passed me by.

Did get to see them once at RFK Stadium, can't remember the album but they had these big blow up dolls of hookers. Great show and Mick was awesome. 

Glad for all of those magic musical musicians, not just The Stones, still taking to the road. I do believe it's not only the money and ego, but a true love of making music that keeps them going.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, thebes said:

Did get to see them once at RFK Stadium, can't remember the album but they had these big blow up dolls of hookers. Great show and Mick was awesome. 

That was the Steal you Money tour I was talkin' about. I saw them again at the Cotton Bowl and they were fabulous in the POURING rain! It was an incredible, surreal experience. 

• Like 1

• Moderators

The last tour I saw them in Austin (great venue layout), Houston, Denver, and Las Vegas (where we had best seats)

This tour, because of AARP advance sales, and 6 of us working together on seats, we got- Houston, Denver, Las Vegas and Vancouver.

Mick is 80, I figure this is their last rodeo, or close to it.