Do you salt your watermelon?

m00n

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Salt, No. I have plugged some watermelon's with a good bottle of Rum or Vodka though growing up in the South Texas heat, what a rush!

Takes a couple of days to absorb, but taste's awesome well chilled.

So that really works? I've heard of it but always thought it was a myth. What do you do just cut a hole in the rind (sp?) the shove a 5th in it and let it sit?

??? puzzled but I have some watermelon in the fridge, maybe when I wake up.... BTW is it a dash of salt or like alot?

I would suggest to taste or what ever you normally salt something. The salt really brings out the taste of the watermellon.

I once told my Doctor that I look at food as one thing... "A salt delivery vehicle"

She was unhappy with me [:@]

I'll salt watermellon or I'll eat it unsalted just like I did the other day.

Not to steal the thread, but ever have salted breadsticks? (using kosher salt) It's kind of like a soft pretzle....

yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I once told my Doctor that I look at food as one thing... "A salt delivery vehicle"

She was unhappy with me [:@]

I'll salt watermellon or I'll eat it unsalted just like I did the other day.

Not to steal the thread, but ever have salted breadsticks? (using kosher salt) It's kind of like a soft pretzle....

yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I must confess I'm kinda a salt addict too. [:$] Probably should cut back, but my blood pressure is normal and always has been, so..........

Anyhow, yep - I put salt on watermelon, honey dew melon, cantelope, pizza, cucumber, tomatoes, hard boiled eggs, celery, fried chicken, mashed potatos, pasta........well, you get the picture. [:)]

Tom