home from the hospitial

Cal Blacksmith

Well I survived the operation but I am not so sure about the

recovery! They found a hernia in my belly button and they fixed that and it

hurts more than the holes they made to do the operation with! I am now 56 hours

out from the surgery and though I have not had anything to eat, I am thirsty to

beat the band. I can only drink 1 oz in 5 minutes so that is taking up most of

my time. I am wearing a girdle to hold in the hernia so that it can heal properly.

I have been doing quite a bit of walking through all this, and now is no time

to stop. I am ok once I am standing, it is just getting up and down that hurts

so much. More lately, this is about all I can take right now. Thanks for all

the prayers that have gone up for me, they helped (and still do) a LOT!

Wayne

They found a hernia in my belly button and they fixed that and it hurts more than the holes they made to do the operation with!

Whoo hoo... another 2 for 1 special!!! Good to hear you're mending.

My mom had a double femoral artery bypass done. During that, they found a hernia further up on her aorta (had it blown, it would have been an immediate lights out for her). So, they fixed that while they were in there "free of charge" [:P]

So, do I understand this... you're going to be recovering for a while, probably not able to work TOO hard, lots of spare time possibly on your hands, AND you've got some Klipsch nearby?

I'm almost envious.

[:D]

Cal,

Best wishes on your recovery!

I suspect that everyday will feel quite a bit better than one before it. Your body has gone through a major assualt and many different aspects are healing. Just getting the drugs from the surgery itself out of your bloodstream, is a big deal.

Good Luck,

-Tom

Wayne,

Here's some good news. Maybe they already told you, but due the shortened digestive tract after gastric surgery, it takes much less alchohol to get drunk. I just saw that on CNN this morning.

Seriously, it's going to be good. A friend of mine lost a bunch of weight and here are some other benefits he told me about in addition to just feeling better. Clothes will fit better. You'll fit better into chairs, car seats, and especially airline seats (he used to have to get a seat belt extension thing from the flight attendant - that was embarrassing for him). Crossing your legs will be easier. Putting on socks will be easier - I never really thought about how hard it would be for a heavy person just to put on socks. Best of all, he became a participant in activities again instead of an observer.

Hang in there.