Don't call him a Klipsch collector...

Hifi jim

I'll admit that I've got a boatload of Heritage. But.... "stereo stuff" has been my hobby for going on 37 years now. They are all in working order and restored (or under restoration), and all of them are actually "in use" on a daily basis. I always keep a pair of Heresy's or something in the workshop to fiddle with, and always keep a couple extra drivers, but.... every once in awhile, I stand back and look at what stuff is not really being used, or will likely never really be used and "clean out". Sorta' like Colter, but not quite on the grand scale of the House of Klipsch!!! LOL!!

What's this guy doing? Don't know. We can speculate, but we don't know. All we know is that he buys them whenevr he can find them below market price, but rarely if ever sells any of them.

Maybe.... some day (and we all hope this does not happen...), Klipsch decides to not make Heritage anymore; including drivers, etc. Atlas decides to stop making the K-55, etc., etc., All of sudden, guess what all those K-55's on those shelves are worth..... and gues who has them.... and they are, all of a sudden, for sale.... Regardless of whether or not that's the intent, amassing that many could be called speculation.... But then again, maybe he's just eccentric and wants to amass large quantities of Heritage speakers. It's hard to tell, because he pretty much has remained in "buying mode".

While some may not like his "tactics", etc., the fact remains that he is, by any rational definition, a collector... a really big collector....

do people really let heritage speakers go for those low prices?

if so, i'll take five klipsch belles to go please. and while you're at it, i'll also pay $500 for a corvette in excellent condition ($250 if it has more than 1000 miles).

$500 for a stinking Corvette?? You could buy an extra pair of LaScalas for that kind of coin if you keep looking!!!

Roger

He not only preys on the uninformed, he makes them jump through hoops. I was selling an SW 15 and his spam-o-meter must have picked up th ename Klipsch. He sent a spam email asking for about 20 different things, including serial numbers, conditions in exhaustign detail ("describe each corner") etc.

Being as articulate as I could be, I sent him a replay saying "f--- off a--h----." I don't care about his obsession or the fact that he hoards everything, he needs to be treated like a telemarketer.

... he makes them jump through hoops. I was selling an SW 15 and his spam-o-meter must have picked up th ename Klipsch. He sent a spam email asking for about 20 different things, including serial numbers, conditions in exhaustign detail ("describe each corner") etc.

Now that could be an indicator of OC... Maybe he could be called a "Klipsch-Monk"..... [:P][:|][;)]

• 5 years later...

... he just has a really BIG house that he needs to "Rock it properly". Hmm. http://www.ss427.com/one-pair-of-klipsch-floorstanding-speakers-wanted-wo.ht3

Last updated Feb 13th, 2014. Yeah. Those are bargain basement prices. Gotta be up to something. Sounds more like hoarding or buying on speculation... than collecting. Maybe he does sell quite a bit, under a different ID and from a different location?

I'm just sayin' at those prices they'd be easy to sell for a tidy profit.

At one time i thought i had quite a klipsch collection hahahahaha...its all gone now. not a tenth of what he has lol now just what i need. hmmmmm lol

Holy master of mania...I actually respect him for such a collection.

i may dig a pair of something up just to check this place out lol

He is something here though....i dont know why he is not considered a collector as the 6yr old title reads...

ya'll say what ya want...i already like the guy and this is the first iv heard/seen of him :lol:

• Like 2

I know a few people that save for retirement like this using various items they feel will go up in value, and when the time comes they sell everything in hopes of a nest egg....................

I dont like banks or savings accounts myself, charge 4% and up on money they lend and offer 1% on my savings etc... (of course it is my savings they lend out and get interest on)

I would love to have the money to buy hard goods that increase in value,,,,,,,,,,,,

At one time i thought i had quite a klipsch collection hahahahaha...its all gone now. not a tenth of what he has lol now just what i need. hmmmmm lol

Holy master of mania...I actually respect him for such a collection.

i may dig a pair of something up just to check this place out lol

He is something here though....i dont know why he is not considered a collector as the 6yr old title reads...

ya'll say what ya want...i already like the guy and this is the first iv heard/seen of him :lol:

I take it back a bit lol itemizing "with value" of your cd's on your ws is too much. Myself In the past year my fiance and i have bought roughly 3k cd's on top of about 200 lp's and 1 120gb ipod half full. Im happy to let you all know that!

Many of us do list our radio systems in our sigs or in system profile. Myself i list what i prefer to use..at least thats my story. who will ever know lol

Soooo. Im going to get a domain and name it and let you read everything i have.

If that dont impress you i hope somebody else does or i just find somebody else to impress lol

I let 2 people in my home once a month including family. Im mental like that! And many other ways as well. Anyhow im running out of ideals to draw attention to me at this moment. Of course while drumming up more...all at the same time working on my post count and just one more fighting day to keep from the group of whitecoats taking me away :mellow:

Cheerio all wont ya! :D:lol:

• Like 1