• Recent Topic Activity

• Recent Posts

• Thanks for all the links guys, been fun reading more about it. One thing I forgot to mention was that when I went to the museum store at the end of the exhibit, they had a pair of his bookshelf speakers for $5K (!). Not sure of the value there.
    • For @Dave1291      
    • Thinking I have that one too but only showed these two.  Who knows?      Know I have more me thinks.  I'd have to get up and who knows where in this mess anymore.  lol
    • These are from Europe, assuming you started with a lower quality pair did the ones you use make a big difference?   Do they ship to the U.S.?
    • That is very cool indeed, even I could have lots of fun with that after watching this video of a demo of I Am Iron Man     
    • They would sound great. They are rather large, though. Clea est bass I've ever heard.  
    • I just rolled w/the name.  lol  Didn't realize you were from Omaha.  Great lil town once you get out of downtown.  That place was crazy years ago.  lol   A delicious monster rabbit!   😂  
    • Brilliant album and I have 3 pressings of this release 1 X US 1977 - 1 X UK 1984 & 1 X Europe 2013 
    • I started with an original crossover and since my speakers were purchased in 1987. I figured that the caps were likely past due for replacement. Instead of replacing caps I purchased crossovers from Crites and the came with the DE-10 tweeter. It did improve the sould, however to my ears something was still not right, particularly in the mid range. I then purchased a horn from Volti and used the original Klipsch mid driver with an adapter since Volti's horns have a 2" throat. Again there was improvement however I felt the mid-range could still use improvement. Discussions on this forum led me to ALK  and I purchased his extreme slope crossovers and a pair of BMS 4592-mid drivers. For me that was a big improvement.   Next I changed the USB cable that connects the mini pc to the dac. I was using a cable that I pulled from the box of cables I accumulated over the years, As an experiment, I bought a shielded cable from Amazon for about $18 and it was an improvement. Next I borrowed an Audioquest usb cable from a local dealer and gave it a try. It didn't sound as good to me and not worth the $79 he quoted me. Then he brought over a Western electric 91E amp and a Linn streamer. The 91E is priced at $15k and the latter at $11K. The 91E sounded a little smoother than my McIntosh but not a wow, that sounds great I need to buy it. The Linn streamer no difference that I could tell from my $400 mini pc.   Now I am just looking at power, I need protection for my amp and DAC and the dealer is trying to sell me an Audioquest Niagra 3000 for $3900. I'm not a fan of AudioQuest, I think that they sell high priced products that are not worth what they sell for.    I called Furman twice, first time I got a hold of someone who I felt was knowledgeable and he recommended the Elite-15 DM i which runs about $400, Second person told me to buy the Reference power conditioner for $2500, couldn't tell me why just it was the right way to go since I had an expensive amplifier.  Currently I am using an APC battery backup to protect from spikes.   I don't mind spending money, but I just not in the market for snake oil and there is plenty of that for sale.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      2.4m
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    tato0715