• Recent Topic Activity

• Recent Posts

• Prolly won't ever play this one if I get it.  It was cutting edge back in the day.  Pretty amazing.  Works fine though.  All about the money.   Leave it to @MicroMara to post some pic of a turntable that looks like a chrome wedding cake.   😂   Black Sabbath?  Ok @KROCK when you and @dirtmudd head down here when I'm on my death bed I want you to take EVERY DARN ONE of my Sabbath lp's.  Make 'em the first thing you grab.  Then you can listen to him whine all the way home.  Filed under B not S.  He'll dive on the floor to look for the S. They all do that's why it's under B.    In the sliding glass door oak cabinet 3rd or 4th shelf.  Right after that hit the C for Crimmy while he's looking for the K's.  Ton of 'em.  May as well send him totally over the edge for the ride back home.  Make sure you get the Tramp & Holdsworth stuff too.  Then the box sets.  Make it a clean sweep.   😂  😂      
    • With Cornwalls of this vintage (unless they have been modified) the grill cloth is wrapped around the actual baffle board, not on a separate grill. So the grills themselves are not held on with velcro and so are not readily removable. 
    • Just to be clear! Richie is a great guy, and wonderful to deal with if you are buying selling or just hanging out.  Some thought I was serious. It was tongue in cheek. I was playing off his sarcastic "stellar personality" comment And NO, Woofers and Tweeters did not steal a license plate off a car in my parking lot. It was given to him cuz it was a car dealership plate that had his same last name.   And both were pretending to be offended.
    • How are you; JohnA?   I have the Pre-outs on the Yamaha A-S2200 connected to the Rotel RB-1582 Mkii External Amplifier. (I use the speakers-Off feature to mute the subwoofers) -I'll have to split the pre-out connection from the Yamaha A-S2200 for the subwoofers and external amplifier to have audio-intergration)   I have the Yamaha A-S2200 connected (through Speaker-level) to two Martin Logan Dynamo 1600X.     (one of the reasons I've purchased this amplifier; is for it's ability to mute/Turn-Off the speakers)     Sometimes I want to hear the music without hearing sub-bass.
    • Airiness and detail come from one area, and it's not really the mid range
    • I see what you did there. Nice reference!
    • Haven't been on the forum this week, I hope all you guys made out OK in the end. We saw quite a bit about it up here on the news. I've never experienced a hurricane.
    • The Forum isn't letting me upload.
    • I lived with the 396's for a few months over the summer I think they are a great mixed use speaker; background noise or playing them at mid to upper volumes they sound great. One thing they don't do well is lower volume critical listening. I mean they're pretty good I guess it would depend on what you're comparing them to.     I switched back to my custom 335's recently (very close to forte IV's) and was pretty wow'd- the open and airy sound with a deep soundstage with excellent singer / instrument separation and detail stood out as that was just not there with the 396's. 
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      2.4m
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    slim61