• Recent Topic Activity

• Recent Posts

• Yes, not mine fortunately John. Took out 1 bar but, not the other liquor store. It got abit flooded though. Thanks man, Sorry couldn't talk much but, battery don't you know. 3 canes in this area 1 last year and 2 this year. Figure dang fortunate. Jogged east toward us.
    • Yes men, drinking a Heineken Dave... Yes, thought it twas my last ride... Thanks! By the way, nobody has found the old bar yet. It just up and disappeared... figure surge got it.
    • Greetings folks.  A little background I have extensive training in electronics and made a living as a controls engineer for decades.  That only to say I know what to look at and what to look for. My neighbor put an RT-12d out on the curb for a bulk trash pickup.  Oh heck naw - no Klipsch goes into a landfill without me first checking it out. Precious little info on this thing out there and here I am.  I did my due diligence reading all 8 pages of posts and some of y'all are certainly on top of this thing.  Seems like most problems are related to the PS. Here's the weird thing - this unit powers on, the display lights and you can cycle through all the settings. When you execute a demo you can hear it albeit VERY quiet. You can also hear it try a room calibration. I popped the bottom plate off and first thing I notice is it appears the amp board has been dealt with previously. An inordinate amount of heatsink compound gooped on the outputs and little white finger smudges on components. BUT - one thing is transistor Q502 had two leads broken off from apparent manhandling while being remounted. The transistor is a 2N4401 - a fairly common general purpose NPN so I ordered one off Amazon. That part of the board is very odd and it is near the multi-cable coming from the DSP board. There's like a double row of resistors lined up almost like a ladder network. Anyway so here's my questions: 1 - I seemed to see references to a low power mode that will lower the amp operating point.  Any ideas where and how that is implemented? 2 - anyone know teh purpose of that transistor and could it cause the symptom I describe? 3 - I read repeatedly that the main voltage (CD?) from the PS unit is ~ 8 VDC.  Mine shows nearer to 14VDC Thanks for any help - oh, and good golly the speaker has incredibly stiff suspension.  Must take a lot of watts to drive that thing!
    • Playin with fire. The meters don’t move and it’s too loud. 🙃
    • Big win for Kentucky Big Blue against Ole Miss today 20-17!  Go Wildcats.  
    • I'm going retro tonight.  Ohio State's on the road at Mi State tonight and it's only shown on Peacock.  Got the trusty old Mac receiver runnin the local station cranked. No volume on the TV watchin GA/Bama!      Hello Time-Warner?  Could you add Peacock to my package?  Said no man ever!
    • Yes he does call it that. Yin/Yang, Japan/Asia-Africa
    • I put that in my inquiry... although I think he said sarong.
    • If they don't recall his name they'll remember the tall guy in the kimono!!
    • Good to see you around again Mr @mustang_flht   Got this record when it came out about 1977. After four years I could not handle being without it. Their other releases... meh this one? got to hear it every month or so!!      
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      2.4m
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Brojon