OT, Sad news came yesterday and worse this morning for our family

Cal Blacksmith

Yesterday morning, my wifes younger sister was in a bad ATV accident on her farm in North Dakota. This morning she passed. Needless to say, my wife is taking it hard and I am stuck at work as I ride in a van pool, I need to wait until everyone is off of work to go home.

Those who pray, I ask that prayers are said for her 2 surviving daughters (19 & 25), her husband and her mother and my wife.

Thanks in advance to everyone, you guys are like a second family here and your support helps a lot.

Thank you everyone, I know you truly are lifting us up.

I only have internet at work and I think I will take tomorow off to be home with the wife. Perhaps we will go out to Disneyland for the day, we are annual pass holders and it only costs the gas (and the over priced food they sell) to go to the park. It may take her mind off things.

Thank everyone again, your support is important and very much welcomed.

Until I can get back on line,

God bless you all.

Cal--very sorry to hear this news and i will pray for your entire family. I just checked the forum for the first time today--I wish I would have seen this right away. what time does your vanpool leave work? I'm at work in Santa Ana--don't know how long it would take me to get to wherever you work. Do you want me to leave work early and come get you? [doesn't appear that you are on the forum right now; but, thought i'd offer anyway]

Steve

Cal,I know what you and your wife are going through.The unexpected passing is always the most difficult.I have a sister who is dying from cancer.thank God I have been spending time with her.You have my heartfelt prayers and condolences.May you know the peace and comfort that your wife and sister will be reunited someday.

My condolences to your family on the unexpected loss of a beloved family member.

Eternal rest grant unto her, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon her. May the souls of the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace. Amen

Cal, I just saw this thread. Very sorry to hear about your wife's sister. It sounds as though she lived an active life and nurtured her family well. She will certainly be missed and fondly remembered. The values and strengths she taught her family will help them deal with her unexpected loss. You are all in my thoughts.